GUILTY IL - Megan Nichols, 15, found deceased, Fairfield, 3 July 2014 *ARREST in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Huh, not a peep on her mom's facebook page about Megan being found, but she did yesterday, 1/29 about a contest going on at her store.

I looked also - I thought she might have at least put a picture of Megan on her page. But - nothing..... I'm sure she was notified well before the newspapers were notified. It is all so sad.

Heart broken! Was really hoping for a better end.

Fly High, Megan:heartbeat:

I think they will decide on foul play considering the other elements surrounding her going missing. Also, she went missing in July - the elements wouldn't have been an issue.

Elements are not exclusive to cold temperatures. If she tried to Bike to the nearest city, exhausted, hungry, afraid to reveal herself she could have passed. Crazier things have happened.

Authorities have identified remains found on December 27, 2017 in Wayne County to be Megan Nichols.

My stomach is in knots.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I just read that Megan was found in another thread. So sad, but hopefully her family can begin to get some answers now. I hope justice for Megan is swift and harsh.

Elements are not exclusive to cold temperatures. If she tried to Bike to the nearest city, exhausted, hungry, afraid to reveal herself she could have passed. Crazier things have happened.
I guess it'll come down to what condition the body was in.

True, but if you know the back story, you know there was most likely foul play. However, some locals are concerned it will be covered up because of who they believe is involved. Now that we know she was not taken across state lines, the FBI will remand the case to the Illinois State Police. And locals believe that is where the problem lies.

Additionally, where she was found would not have been an easy place to get to. She wouldn't have biked to that area - it was well off the beaten path. Her mother has said that when she went to the ATM, the security film caught the partial image of a car like the one that belongs to the person they suspect. That link should be on this thread.

JMO, but I really want to see the person who is responsible for taking the life of this innocent child receive the punishment he deserves. She was only 15 - she was innocent and naive. I don't understand why a child has to pay the ultimate price for trusting the wrong person.

Huh, not a peep on her mom's facebook page about Megan being found, but she did yesterday, 1/29 about a contest going on at her store.
Her dad (bio) had the weirdest post EVER!
I actually wondered if he was aware of the news of her being found.

The founder of Ikea died earlier this week.
ETA there are many bad taste internet jokes about caskets and hexagon wrenches.

Remains of Megan Nichols, a 15-year-old who went missing in 2014, were positively identified Friday, according to a press release by the FBI.

Megan Nichols

FBI Media Representative Brad Ware told Dateline Megan’s body “was found in a rural location in Wayne County, [Illinois] on December 26, 2017.” One month later, on January 26, 2018, authorities positively identified the remains as belonging to Megan.
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...ified-megan-nichols-teen-missing-2014-n842946

Deceased

Thank you for the clarification. The timing was ~36 hours before the fact her body was identified was released to the public. Seemed in poor taste but I’m realizing I didn’t know the founder of IKEA had died.

Agreed.
But it's sad that JN doesn't say anything.

Oh I agree it's weird and off, but I was slightly comforted knowing there was at least some context.

My hinky meter is off the scale for this one. There is so much being unsaid. Megan was a beautiful girl and I hope she gets justice

True, but if you know the back story, you know there was most likely foul play. However, some locals are concerned it will be covered up because of who they believe is involved. Now that we know she was not taken across state lines, the FBI will remand the case to the Illinois State Police. And locals believe that is where the problem lies.

Additionally, where she was found would not have been an easy place to get to. She wouldn't have biked to that area - it was well off the beaten path. Her mother has said that when she went to the ATM, the security film caught the partial image of a car like the one that belongs to the person they suspect. That link should be on this thread.

JMO, but I really want to see the person who is responsible for taking the life of this innocent child receive the punishment he deserves. She was only 15 - she was innocent and naive. I don't understand why a child has to pay the ultimate price for trusting the wrong person.
The prime (and only) suspect is the sheriff's son, right? The State boys aren't going to protect some friggin' local sheriff's kid. Time to fire up ol' sparky, because that murdering punk is going to fry.

The prime (and only) suspect is the sheriff's son, right? The State boys aren't going to protect some friggin' local sheriff's kid. Time to fire up ol' sparky, because that murdering punk is going to fry.

No - state cop's son. He's suspected by the family and locals.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas
Back