GUILTY IL - Mya Lyons, 9, stabbed to death, Chicago, 15 July 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I did find out that the uncle committed suicide, however the case has went cold. Nothing more is said about the Mya Lyon's case here in Chicago, however I will ask someone who knows some people that live around the corner from Gilbert's Court, the street poor Mya was killed on, have they heard anything.

Belseeta, can you try to find out if this is the same uncle who helped take Mya to the hospital? I have never seen a name to compare.

I wonder if he had mental health issues before all of this happened. I wonder if he was ever a POI.

I just don't understand how this case can go so cold and the media allows it. WTH is going on up there?

I did find out that the uncle committed suicide, however the case has went cold. Nothing more is said about the Mya Lyon's case here in Chicago, however I will ask someone who knows some people that live around the corner from Gilbert's Court, the street poor Mya was killed on, have they heard anything.

Her Uncle commited suicide? Anybody have any more info about this?
Very interesting.

Oh, Belseeta, please find out what you can. Little Mya's case tugs at my heart and I can't bear to think of her case going cold. She deserves justice. The Uncle committing suicide is interesting.....and will either be very sad or very telling. I wish I could give little Mya a hug tonight, but all I can do is keep her memory alive with a thirst for justice here at WS's with all of you.

What happened to Belseeta? We need some info. Very sad that this case is just silent.

I agree, I've been thinking about little Mya a lot lately...so sad:(

Belseeta, any news on Mya?????? Please somebody in the area..we need information. Nothing on the net. No updates. Nada.

Why is DNA still pending after 4 months???

Ridiculous!

I'm sorry, but I guess is it the aftermath of the election that makes me want to vomit when I think of the money poured into political mudslinging and flying all over the country and printing signs and mailing all that junk mail that I throw away and paying for robo calls when the killer of Mya Lyons (and how many others???) is out there walking free for want of a DNA test and more investigative time on this case!!! Who knows how many crimes would be solved or even prevented if we had more labs and technicians and detectives to work on these cases???

:behindbar

It is WRONG!

Why is DNA still pending after 4 months???

Ridiculous!

I'm sorry, but I guess is it the aftermath of the election that makes me want to vomit when I think of the money poured into political mudslinging and flying all over the country and printing signs and mailing all that junk mail that I throw away and paying for robo calls when the killer of Mya Lyons (and how many others???) is out there walking free for want of a DNA test and more investigative time on this case!!! Who knows how many crimes would be solved or even prevented if we had more labs and technicians and detectives to work on these cases???

:behindbar

It is WRONG!

It is completely wrong. It seems money talks. When the remains of Steve Fossett were found it was a matter of a couple days and the DNA results were out (and I would have to double check, but I think the government did the test, not a private lab). I remember thinking "what the ****?"

Money = results. :mad:

I hope that Richard Lyons and Ericka Barnes are also calling LE every single day. The only way to get results is to hound LE when they are overworked and distracted. If they have DNA, they should know what it says by now. If they have a potential murder weapon, they should have test results on it by now. There is no excuse for letting this go so long.

Salem

I completely agree - DNA and weapon needs to be tested ASAP...

Hounding LE does not always get them moving faster..:crazy::crazy:
My father and stepmother's murders remain unsolved now for 3yrs ..and I have always been/still down their backs with calls, visits, TV coverages and emails.

Knowing that it's a child's murder that SHOULD get LE moving mush faster and get that DNA going..!!! ????

Dont understand why the delay :eek:

Rosco

I hope that Richard Lyons and Ericka Barnes are also calling LE every single day. The only way to get results is to hound LE when they are overworked and distracted. If they have DNA, they should know what it says by now. If they have a potential murder weapon, they should have test results on it by now. There is no excuse for letting this go so long.

Salem

Good gawd there is still no information?
Is anybody on here from the Chicago area where little Mya was killed?

Just wanted to let everyone know. Mya was not at a block party that night and that she could not speak to her dad when he found her (Mya's throat had been slit).

He did not commit suicide, he had a heart attack.

Cathy Cole, it seems you have some information that I don't remember being in the media. Do you have any ideas who might have done this?

Okay, so here is where the POI was released

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/1065283,release072008.article

Let's get some discussion going on this case. I hate to bring up race again, but I will :)

I have been a member at websleuths for about 7 or 8 years now. I have said this before and I am saying it again, now with 7/8 years of experience under my belt. I feel more confident than ever in saying that time and time and time and time and again...We do not follow cases of black children with anywhere near the interest we follow cases of white children.

The rebuttals I have heard in the past are...white children's parents have more money or are more educated and know how to work the media to keep the stories out there, it's the media that isn't covering it so how can we get any information, it's not that we are interested only in white children, but we are interested in children who are exemplary or there is something special about them, etc. In the cases I have rallied for in the past, those things were all true. But Mya Lyons' story has been all over the media since 7/15. Mya Lyons was an honor student. She was very pretty, had lots of personality, and was loved by so many people. So, WHY ISN'T THERE ANY DISCUSSION ON <b>THIS</b> CASE?

On a similar note, I have seen websleuthers rally around certain cases that aren't getting enough media attention...like Meghan Landowski...and I applaud you! Can't we do the same for children that come from poor, uneducated families? Don't they need it maybe even a little more? Now, in this particular case we have no lack of media attention, I just wanted to point this out with regard to one of the previous rebuttals.

There is absolutely no reason this case shouldn't be getting daily discussion. I would love to hear what everyone thinks about the timelines being thrown around, the father finding her body, the towed van...I mean this case is FISHY!

I love you for this post. Thank you so very much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back