GUILTY IL - Mya Lyons, 9, stabbed to death, Chicago, 15 July 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Another tragedy has occurred for the family of 9-year-old Mya Lyons who was found stabbed to death in July...
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=6322860

I wonder if this is the Uncle of Richard who helped get Mya to the hospital, or another? With two deaths this close together, my hinky meter always goes off. I pray that IF this death is related to the case in any manner, police are able to unlock the final key to the puzzle of what happened to this beautiful baby girl.

I agree. WTH? The article sure didn't give much information. Was it an accident, heart attack, just plain attack, gun shot...

bumping for Mya.

This is starting to remind me of Meghan Landowski's case. It seems as if it would be so easy to find out who would kill an innocent little girl and yet there doesn't seem to be any new information.

I was thinking about Mya today. I saw an article a week or so ago that said her uncle died. It did not say if this was the same person that went to the hospital with her and her dad. I didn't have time to post it right then. I'll so see if I can find it now. It really doesn't say much, just more tradegy for her family.

Salem

Here's the article: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6322860

I wonder why they are keeping it a secret about what happened to the uncle, and it seems the Myra Lyons case has just gone cold. I can imagine how afraid the people in the neighborhood are with her killer still on the loose.

I wonder why they are keeping it a secret about what happened to the uncle, and it seems the Myra Lyons case has just gone cold. I can imagine how afraid the people in the neighborhood are with her killer still on the loose.

Aren't you the one who sees a relative of Mya's at church? What is the feeling in the community? Are people up in arms over not getting any answers or is there a feeling that LE knows and is just keeping tight lipped while building a case?

The silence is infuriating.

Hello all, just read up on this tragedy and I have a hypothesis that explains the timeline that is very simple and I don't think anyone has noticed. As the mother of two children it makes perfect sense to me.

If various members of the family were at a block party so close to home, people would have been coming and going and relatively comfortable with kids running back to houses alone.

It did not strike me at all odd that the Grandmother said Mya came in and said she was tired and then left 10 minutes later. I just assumed. . . that like a normal inquisitive or indesicive child she said good night to her grandmother, went to her room and once there either a) remembered something she forgot at the party. . . b) remembered something she wanted to say to someone or c) changed her mind and went back to the party. If it was a) or b) she would have thought. .. I'll just run. . go back and there is no need to tell grandmother or anyone.

When she steps outside someone who either was watching her. . . grabbed her, seeing she was lone. . or perhaps someone seeing her in alone took the opportunity a true crime of opportunity.

Either way even reading the other posters I have not once gotten the sense it was the father. . . and I can usually be swayed by the more experienced here.

Just thought I would offer that as a possible scenario as to why the timelines seem off and why she would be outside in her party clothes so quickly after telling her grandmother she was going to bed.

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Another tragedy has occurred for the family of 9-year-old Mya Lyons who was found stabbed to death in July...
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6322860

cathieq - I don't know how I missed your post. Bad eyesight maybe :confused:?

Anyway - I was not ignoring your post when I posted the same article much later :crazy: I just apparently did not read back far enough to see that it had already been posted.

Sorry,

Salem

saqqara - I think your timeline is very plausible. The problem is that it is unclear if there was a block party or not. Early articles said there was a party and then later articles said that Mya had been to a friend's house...... but no block party. One of the frustrations about this case is the lack of clear detail as to what was happening that evening.

Salem

Why can't they solve this? Mya's sweet little face is burned in my memory. I just do not understand the evil things some people do.

It reminds me so much of something that happened in San Diego to little girl named Laura Arroyo. All she did was answer the door and then she disappeared.
It took a long time, but Laura's killer was brought to justice.
Link to Laura's story: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20050902-1301-bn02arroyo.html

saqqara, I think your theory is plausible as well (and I have to say how much I LOVE your avatar! It is beautiful!). Like Salem, though, I am so frustrated with the conflicting information that has never been clarified. It is soooo weird to not even have a timeline so that witnesses might be found.

I really don't get any impression that Mya's father is responsible either, but I have been known to be very wrong in the past. I hope my instincts are right this time and the family had nothing to do with it. They must be absolutely heartbroken to have lost their precious girl and to feel like no one cares, but all of this attention gets put on other little girls.

Why isn't LE being pressured to make a statement? Have they told the family more to convince them that they are working on a case and to lay low? Why is the media ignoring this case? Are they cooperating with LE? (that would be original!) I just do NOT understand. If those things are true I am okay, but if they are letting Mya slip through the cracks then I am :furious:.

sorry to say, have heard nothing here in the Chicago area....looks like another cold case...along with the Lane Bryant murders, Lisa Stebic missing, Stacy Peterson....

I did find out that the uncle committed suicide, however the case has went cold. Nothing more is said about the Mya Lyon's case here in Chicago, however I will ask someone who knows some people that live around the corner from Gilbert's Court, the street poor Mya was killed on, have they heard anything.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx
Back