IL IL - Pamela Winchester, 61, Elizabethtown, IL, to Mitchell IN, car fnd in Henderson, KY, 23 Mar 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
MISSING PERSON-Pamela Winchester(61)
04/18/2022
3113 US 41 North Henderson KY(Circle K Truck Stop)
Case Number 22-012223

The Henderson Police Department and Hardin County(Illinois) Sheriff's Office are currently investigating a Missing Person case involving Pamela Winchester a 61 year old female. On 03/23/2022 Winchester was traveling alone from her residence in Elizabethtown, Illinois to Mitchell, Indiana around 5:30am and advised she had stopped in Henderson, KY.

Her vehicle is a gray 2002 Ford Taurus with Illinois veteran tag, and was found in the parking lot of the Circle K Truck Stop, at 3113 U.S. 41 North on 03/23/2022. This is the last confirmed sighting of Winchester. Winchester's phone has been off, and family advised they have not heard from her.

Pamela Winchester is a 61-year-old white female, 5'1" tall, weighs 130lbs, and has shoulder length brown and gray hair. She was last seen wearing glasses, blue jeans and a gray hooded sweatshirt. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Henderson Police Department at (270)831-1295.

HPD and Hardin Co. Sheriff’s Office searching for missing woman

278424390_291849026457097_7553683261698625523_n.jpg

278459183_291849013123765_401650189421984385_n.jpg

HPD and Hardin Co. Sheriff’s Office searching for missing woman

Her vehicle is a gray 2002 Ford Taurus with Illinois veteran tag, and was found in the parking lot of the Circle K Truck Stop, at 3113 U.S. 41 North on 03/23/2022.

RSBM

:eek: Yikes! This doesn't sound good.

What's going on in Pamela's life? Is she married or in a relationship? If so, were there any signs that she might be planning to leave the relationship? It'd be nice to know a little about the purpose of her trip. Was Pamela traveling for business? Did she have plans to be in Mitchell, IN at a specific time? I wonder whether her car was drivable when it was found. I could see her going off course if she was traveling alone with no real destination or ETA. I can't see her leaving her car behind unless she a) got injured somewhere near the Circle K but hasn't been found yet, b) was abducted from the parking lot, or c) willingly left the car at the truck stop then rode away with someone else. Why is Pam's phone turned off? It might be a good idea for her loved ones and/or investigators to check with retailers in Elizabethtown, IL area to find out if Pam bought a burner phone before she hit the highway. MOO

Pamela FB only one post August 2021

The OP article says she was traveling to Mitchell, IN - wonder who/what was there? I noticed her FB shows "from Bedford IN" which is about 15 minutes from Mitchell, so maybe family?

That Henderson KY Circle K is directly across from the John James Audubon State Park (with trails)

upload_2022-4-18_20-36-58.png

The Circle K has gas pumps out front

upload_2022-4-18_20-37-43.png

And a large semi truck parking area behind

upload_2022-4-18_20-38-18.png

upload_2022-4-18_20-59-20.png

I mapped out Elizabethtown, IL to Mitchell, IN directly, as well as a map with the stop in Henderson, KY Circle K truck stop and the routes are identical, it wasn't off the planned path or anything- seems to be a logical place to stop for gas map/route wise.

But what happened to her?

You'd think that truck stop/gas station would have plenty of cameras both at the pumps as well.as inside. No footage provided or still pics or info about whether it was Pamela in the car herself or if she met up with someone? No footage of her inside using the restroom, buying snacks, etc?

A little concerning that the last time she was seen on camera, she was walking toward the back of the Circle K, and that is where semi - trucks park….And the info about her having trouble with her vision? Maybe a stroke?

Pamela Winchester - Google My Maps

177 mi - 3h, 19m - with the Circle K as a stop
183 mi - 3h, 12m - quickest route, no stop

Initially, stopping at the Circle K didn't seem to make sense at all. However, it seems to be a few miles shorter while only adding a few minutes. Could also be less stressful on slower roads, since the 'fastest route' has one going on more Interstate highways.

(Also, it might be a more logical route for locals since the husband mentions finding her car without spending a lot of extra time searching.)

Why did she leave at 3:40 a.m.? Did she have a job or other commitments that prevented her from leaving earlier? or she didn't want to stay the night somewhere? Either way, driving is stressful enough without starting the trip overnight. All MOO/JMO. If she was going by GPS directions, leaving at 3:40 a.m. would have her in Mitchell by 7 a.m.

Leaving at 3:40 a.m. on a Wednesday, from Elizabethtown, IL to the Circle K, would be about an hour and a half, so on a 'normal drive' she would be there around 5:20-5:30. But she mentioned vision problems, so I imagine she could have pulled off the road for 10-20 minutes? Can vision problems be mitigated by resting for a few minutes?

Does the husband have a more accurate time when she called? (Check/verify by call logs?) That's rather...fast if she, say, called at 6 a.m. and then was last seen at 6:07 a.m.

I wonder if she regularly made this trip? If so, did she usually take that route through Henderson? It isn't the most direct route and takes 10 minutes longer unless she knew some local roads.

Facebook, but not much info/insight to be gleaned off it. Hometown of Bedford, IN, is extremely close to her destination of Mitchell, IN. Her username appears to be her initials (Pamela Kay Winchester) combined with her year of birth (2022 - 61 = 1961).

My original idea that her route stopping at a Circle K being a 'local route' is probably wrong. I thought it might be 'local' because the husband didn't seem to have any trouble finding the car, however it seems more logical that the husband had located the car quickly because she had called him and said she making a stop in Henderson.

On the Henderson Police Department's FB post about her, Pamela's family is commenting and has a bit more info to add to the situation. Also some locals that have had some good tips as well. Just FYI.

On the Henderson Police Department's FB post about her, Pamela's family is commenting and has a bit more info to add to the situation. Also some locals that have had some good tips as well. Just FYI.

Here's the link to the FB post being referenced. As Amandab already noted, there's replies from family, etc.

For one year Melson has not seen or talked to her mom after she suddenly vanished on March 23, 2022.
1680954767803.jpeg
"It was just kind of shocking, there's just such a sense of loss that someone can go missing in today's day and age with all the cameras and technology," said Melson.

44News first reported this story in April 2022. Det. John Nevels with the Henderson Police Department informed 44News that Winchester was last seen on surveillance video at the Circle K gas station on US-41 in Henderson, KY around 6:07 a.m.

<modsnip: Copyright violation>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper