IL IL - Paul Fronczak, newborn, Chicago, 1964 + UID Male, 1, NJ, 1965

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is a story in the book about someone who contacted Paul/Jack about a baby called "Tiger" who showed up at her grandmother's home in 1964. He died from a gunshot wound as a teenager and is buried in Amarillo TX. Very interesting story. The book explains the brick walls that have been encountered regarding the investigation of this individual--problems getting a judge to allow the body to be exhumed, etc.

Wow!

Would love to know of any relationship of this to Paul (a.k.a "Jack." A bit confusing. Was their a baby called "Tiger" who showed up at her grandmother's home, and "John C "Tiger" was the father of the baby, who was shot as a teen? I assume the baby was female? "Showed up at her grandmother's home."

1.) Was baby "Tiger" left for abandonment, just like "Paul?" (a.k.a "Jack.)
2.) Could baby "Tiger" had been Jill? Presumably "Jack's" sister?
3.) Do we know the whereabouts of Jill at this time?
4.) Was John C "Tiger's shooting an accident? Suicide? or "Murder Homicide?
5.) Do you think the Real Paul Fronczak is alive or dead? I wonder if Chester or Donna would have any items that could be scanned for DNA and than put through a list of people around the Chicago Hospital and vicinity at that time? I believe that the real Paul Fronczak might have been sold by his kidnapper to someone who wanted a child to raise. This bogus "nurse" may have been a baby broker herself. Or she could have just taken Paul on her own to raise. Her family would not let her have children, so she kidnapped real Paul, likely got out of Chicago, to another state, and raised Paul as her own, or with a boyfriend whom her family disapproved.

I don't think that the "nurse" killed Paul.

Satch

There are stories about Linda Taylor (the "Welfare Queen") supposedly abducting the real Paul from the hospital. Here is one story:
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/son-suspects-welfare-queen-stolen-baby-paul-fronczak/story?id=22913850

Supposedly the baby was nicknamed "Tiger." "Tiger" was a boy baby who showed up in 1964 at the grandmother of a woman who contacted Paul/Jack in about 2015. The speculation might possibly be that "Tiger" was the same as the teenager who later died by gunshot, as discussed in the book.

The book goes into detail about the death of the teenaged boy who was called "Tiger." The book also discusses Paul/Jack's theories about Jill's fate.

There are roadblocks to DNA testing of the remains of "Tiger," again, discussed in the book.

One more thing. There are some upsetting scenarios in this book. I finished it last night (Kindle version). I can't get those scenarios out of my mind. When Paul/Jack says that his search took him to some very dark places, he is surely correct.

Paul Fronczak will be on Coast 2 Coast AM (national syndicated radio show) tonight 1AM ET (though maybe closer to 1:30, after news)

I've had this thread bookmarked for awhile and just read it! Fascinating!!

I'll have to get the book!

So... twins Jack & Jill Rosenthal vanished as toddlers. Jill was never seen again but Jack was found wandering the streets and given (wrongly) to the Fronczaks as it was thought / assumed he was their child who'd been taken as a baby.

Jack grew up as Paul Fronczak but is in fact NOT the real biological Paul. He finally knows the truth and has been reunited with members of his own bio family, the Rosenthals. He now continues the search to find out what happened to his twin, Jill, and also where the real Paul Fronczak went.

Have I got this all right??

Now that Chester Fronczak has died I do wonder whether the family will relent and allow their DNA to be run through [wherever] to see if a match comes up with anyone else. Sadly I'm not sure we'll ever get an answer about Jill.

Amazing film plot though - two families, three missing children, a mistaken identity, lies, mystery, heartbreak, suspicion... Paul/Jack mentions on the blog he's had interest from Hollywood producers, it would be so good to get the loose ends tied up.

So why won't the Fronczachs give their DNA to the Ancestry sites? That just seems so odd to me...I am a parent of 2 living children and 1 deceased child (passed away in his sleep when he was a young child) and if I thought that I had another one out there I'd do just about anything to find him.

So why won't the Fronczachs give their DNA to the Ancestry sites? That just seems so odd to me...I am a parent of 2 living children and 1 deceased child (passed away in his sleep when he was a young child) and if I thought that I had another one out there I'd do just about anything to find him.

I agree, it's very strange. You'd think they'd do everything in their power, although I guess to all intents and purpose Paul/Jack IS their son. They must have had some doubts when he was "returned" to them, it would only be natural.

So sorry to hear you lost your son :cry:

So... twins Jack & Jill Rosenthal vanished as toddlers. Jill was never seen again but Jack was found wandering the streets and given (wrongly) to the Fronczaks as it was thought / assumed he was their child who'd been taken as a baby.

Jack grew up as Paul Fronczak but is in fact NOT the real biological Paul. He finally knows the truth and has been reunited with members of his own bio family, the Rosenthals. He now continues the search to find out what happened to his twin, Jill, and also where the real Paul Fronczak went.

Have I got this all right??

Now that Chester Fronczak has died I do wonder whether the family will relent and allow their DNA to be run through [wherever] to see if a match comes up with anyone else. Sadly I'm not sure we'll ever get an answer about Jill.

Amazing film plot though - two families, three missing children, a mistaken identity, lies, mystery, heartbreak, suspicion... Paul/Jack mentions on the blog he's had interest from Hollywood producers, it would be so good to get the loose ends tied up.

Basically yes, you have it right - but Jack wasn't found "wandering the streets", he was found in a stroller. Too bad they don't have that stroller - DNA on the handle???

“A man's quest to find his biological parents unearthed disturbing secrets about the family he says left him abandoned in a shopping center before he was given to another couple.

Paul Fronczak grew up in Chicago with his parents, Dora and Chester Fronczak, and his brother, Dave Fronczak. When Paul was 10 he stumbled upon old newspaper clippings and learned a disturbing secret: he had been kidnapped as a baby.

Dora and Chester told Paul that in 1964 when he was one day old he was snatched from a Chicago hospital. The couple said they were reunited with him two years later when police in New Jersey found a two-year-old boy who resembled their son abandoned in a shopping center.”

Man who thought he was kidnapped from the hospital learns he was given to the wrong family | Daily Mail Online

Such an awful tragic case. I hope somehow they find the real Paul and Jack finds out what happened to his sister Jill.

“A man's quest to find his biological parents unearthed disturbing secrets about the family he says left him abandoned in a shopping center before he was given to another couple.

Paul Fronczak grew up in Chicago with his parents, Dora and Chester Fronczak, and his brother, Dave Fronczak. When Paul was 10 he stumbled upon old newspaper clippings and learned a disturbing secret: he had been kidnapped as a baby.

Dora and Chester told Paul that in 1964 when he was one day old he was snatched from a Chicago hospital. The couple said they were reunited with him two years later when police in New Jersey found a two-year-old boy who resembled their son abandoned in a shopping center.”

Man who thought he was kidnapped from the hospital learns he was given to the wrong family | Daily Mail Online

Such an awful tragic case. I hope somehow they find the real Paul and Jack finds out what happened to his sister Jill.

What a story. It seems with each thing he finds out, more mystery comes his way.

The way people are being found and finding their families through sites like 23&me etc is just amazing to me.

bumping

NamUs #MP21340

Thumbnail

Missing Age < 1 Year
Current Age - 54 Years
First Name - Paul
Middle Name - Joseph
Last Name - Fronczak

Sex - Male
Height - 1' 7" - 1' 10" (19 - 22 Inches)
Weight8 - 9 lbs
Race/Ethnicity - White/Caucasian

Missing Person Case

One of the Most Notorious Unsolved Kidnappings of the 1960s?

June 05, 20191:22 PM
Is it possible that Linda Taylor perpetrated one of the most infamous child abductions in American history? In this special bonus episode of The Queen, Josh Levin talks to Paul Joseph Fronczak about how Taylor could be connected to the April 1964 kidnapping of a 1-day-old boy born to Paul’s parents, Dora and Chester Fronczak. They also discuss Paul’s search for his true identity.

Podcast at link: Is Linda Taylor Responsible for a Notorious Unsolved Kidnapping?

Reagan used her, the country hated her. Decades later, the Welfare Queen of Chicago refuses to go away

Jun 12, 2019

CHICAGO — Between the fall of 1974 and the presidential election of 1980, this newspaper, the Chicago Tribune, used the phrase “welfare queen” in more than 80 different stories. Sometimes it was bold and large, in a headline; sometimes it was tucked into copy. Sometimes it was “welfare queen” in quotes; sometimes just Welfare Queen, without any colloquial smirk — as if it were a formal title in Chicago. Which, in a way, for several years, it was.

[...]

According to Slate editor Josh Levin — whose new book “The Queen” tells the story of Taylor, her crimes and evolution into a national mythology and rhetorical cudgel for politicians — one Tribune reporter alone, George Bliss, the three-time Pulitzer winner who first exposed Taylor’s abuses, used “welfare queen” more than three dozen times.

“The phrase was a succinct distillation of an old idea,” Levin said in his office the other day, a short walk from the White House, whose chief occupant even now is criticized for painting swaths of marginalized people with broad brushes.

[...]

The details of Reagan’s story were so outrageous even Tip O’Neill, speaker of the House, told Reagan he doubted that welfare queen existed. But the Linda Taylor of Levin’s book was far, far more outrageous: She was born Martha Louise White, but tried on a dizzying array of identities, races, addresses. She had five children, kidnapped others and abandoned some, according to Levin’s book and the Tribune’s reporting. She worked as a spiritualist and once identified herself as a heart surgeon. She was Connie Reed, and Connie Harbaugh, and Constance Wakefield, and Connie Green — and many others. She was jailed for welfare fraud and perjury, but never charged with suspected kidnappings or murders. In the mid-’70s, the Tribune linked her to the 1964 abduction of Paul Fronczak, a day-old infant at the former Michael Reese Hospital in Bronzeville. The case remains unsolved, but someone using one of Taylor’s familiar aliases visited the hospital the day of the abduction; Taylor was also seen that day wearing a nurse’s uniform. (She was never charged with the crime.)

“Other than her children, no one had a long-term relationship with Linda,” Levin said. “The pattern was, she would blow into people’s lives, disturb everything in her path, then leave. So (when he talked with people who knew her), I would ask about the weeks or months that they knew her, and then inevitably I would tell them what she had done before and after the time they knew her. Nobody was even aware that she was dead.”

Taylor was a cipher, and Levin decided not to go far beyond that: By the end of the book, we don’t really know why she was the way she was. “If I’m making a critique of the way she was written about, I wanted to be careful not to make what I perceive are the same mistakes and assumptions. You want to say with clarity and rigor who this person was. But she’s just out of reach. It’s not a cop out — it’s honest.”

[...]

More at link: Reagan used her, the country hated her. Decades later, the Welfare Queen of Chicago refuses to go away

BBM.

She was stereotyped as ‘the welfare queen’. The truth was more disturbing, a new book says.

[...]

Perhaps most surprising are the crimes she wasn’t charged with, Levin writes.

One of Taylor’s sons told Sherwin, the police officer, that his mother bought and sold children on the black market; arrest reports often describe random children of varying races being present and neglected in Taylor’s homes. A niece told Levin that Taylor kidnapped her for days in 1976; police were called, but charges were never filed.

Taylor may have been the culprit in the infamous Paul Fronczak stolen baby case in 1964. According to later reports in the Tribune, an ex-husband told the FBI she appeared one day in the mid-1960s with a newborn baby, despite not having been pregnant, and that a woman using one of Taylor’s aliases was at the hospital the day of the crime. An ex-boyfriend also told police he saw her wearing a white uniform, just as the kidnapper was reportedly wearing, the day the baby was abducted.

She was also present for at least three suspicious deaths, Levin writes. One of them happened while awaiting trial in 1975; Taylor moved into the home of a woman named Patricia Parks. Within months, Parks had made Taylor the trustee of her estate and then died suddenly of a barbiturate overdose. Taylor was investigated but never charged.

[...]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/hist...ok-says/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.abb380ca5df0

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantum-Dark
Back