Found Deceased IL - Semaj Crosby, 16 mos, Joliet Township, 25 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was only able to watch a snippet of the recent live video (hoping to watch it later if my kiddo naps.) But did she say that the body was in the car...and then moved back into the house/couch while authorities were searching? Or did I mishear?

I just assumed she was placed in the couch BEFORE police were even called. Not during the search. Pretty risky if that is what happened.

I was only able to watch a snippet of the recent live video (hoping to watch it later if my kiddo naps.) But did she say that the body was in the car...and then moved back into the house/couch while authorities were searching? Or did I mishear?

I just assumed she was placed in the couch BEFORE police were even called. Not during the search. Pretty risky if that is what happened.

Yes, that is what she's being told by the maternal side of the family. The baby was put in the car initially, then after LE did a cursory search of the house and focused on the neighborhood, they brought her back inside, slit the liner on the underside of the couch, and put her in there.

Sick and twisted, but that's the story.

Ah, so it wasn't a fold out sofa as I had assumed.
If true, at least two adults took a decidedly disturbing action by concealing her body. I can't fathom this kind of family dynamic. Ugh.

OFF TOPIC - I can't PM you OpusEponymous, but I love your user name and Ghost. :)

I really do wish that live reports didn't include the reporters feelings on who is guilty and who is not. This could totally taint a jury pool. JMO

I share your concerns, and will add that this could possibly impede the investigation. IMO.

I appreciate that this may be a reporter with impeccable credentials, but I have some concerns about her live reporting on FB & her objectivity/professionalism. She's already had to correct - at LEAST twice - information she's putting out in her FB live reports from her "sources".

From a sleuthing perspective though, which is what we do, it's sleuthing gold. MOO

I love ya skibs! But...........in my opinion, reports like this are "opinion pieces" and not "news reports".

I share your concerns, and will add that this could possibly impede the investigation. IMO.

I appreciate that this may be a reporter with impeccable credentials, but I have some concerns about her live reporting on FB & her objectivity/professionalism. She's already had to correct - at LEAST twice - information she's putting out in her FB live reports from her "sources".

Her live report from yesterday is already being used all over facebook for many as "proof" of the mothers innocence. On the Mom's facebook page it was posted multiple times alone as so called proof it wasn't her who commited this horrible act. Maybe mom is guilty, maybe not. But I would rather see this fully investigated by LE and the tried in the courts, not on SM. MOO

Also, are Anita's opinions shared by other MSM? Curious because I really don't know.

The Will County Sheriff's Office has been advised of numerous rumors surrounding the death of Semaj Crosby since she was located. In order to disseminate some of the inaccurate information that has been reported, the Sheriff's Office would like to share and clarify some facts.

No damage to the couch to indicate that the body was placed in or through the couch was discovered.

http://www.willcosheriff.org/pressr...rumors-surrounding-death&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

So... Anita reposted a FB live video made my the godmother of Semaj.
In that video, godmother says that Darlene and Lakerisha moved in with Sheri around Easter, BEFORE she moved to the place they are currently.

Just mentioning it as there was discussion this morning about the police being at the house on Easter, and whether it was the same home.

Also, are Anita's opinions shared by other MSM? Curious because I really don't know.
The articles I read this morning were pretty neutral. They just state facts from what I have read.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I think they didn't go in the house.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

There is a photo of three police officers with the kids inside the home on Easter. I can't find it now, but the house looked fine in that pic.

There is a photo of three police officers with the kids inside the home on Easter. I can't find it now, but the house looked fine in that pic.

From what I've read (can't recall where now, ugh) that wasn't the same house. I'll see if I can find the link.

Underneath? That's very different than opening the lining and concealing her.

It's interesting though, that if the couch had no legs, as a family member told Anita, the lining under the bottom of the couch must have been already missing for her to be underneath it. Otherwise you're looking at what, maybe a 0 inch clearance from the floor? The couch would be flush to the floor, sitting on it's frame, without legs.

Her live report from yesterday is already being used all over facebook for many as "proof" of the mothers innocence. On the Mom's facebook page it was posted multiple times alone as so called proof it wasn't her who commited this horrible act. Maybe mom is guilty, maybe not. But I would rather see this fully investigated by LE and the tried in the courts, not on SM. MOO

Seems that LE shares concerns:

THANK YOU for posting this. Highly recommended reading.

I love ya skibs! But...........in my opinion, reports like this are "opinion pieces" and not "news reports".

Oh I get it <3 I guess sometimes its just like, we're waiting for details and this is like being a kid in a candy shop and with an active case I have this strong need to know as much as possible. I'm gonna blame being a Brit where we often get very few details at all, and I personally believe that is actually the best way, so I'm feeling a bit of a hypocrite if I'm honest, I just can't help myself. :blushing:

As to your question about if other outlets are sharing the details, I'm not sure but she isn't the only one at the scene, other stations and reporters have been there too and I presume they are all doing the same thing. I've not seen much from others though, I'm following a few cases all at the same time and struggling to keep up.

Full text of the WCSO press release, Bolded and underlined by me:

The Will County Sheriff's Office has been advised of numerous rumors surrounding the death of Semaj Crosby since she was located. In order to disseminate some of the inaccurate information that has been reported, the Sheriff's Office would like to share and clarify some facts.

Sheriff's detectives did in fact locate Semaj Crosby lying underneath the couch, located in the living room of the residence. No damage to the couch to indicate that the body was placed in or through the couch was discovered.

As reported yesterday, the Will County Coroner has determined the cause of death to be pending. In other words, the Coroner is awaiting the lab testing and toxicology reports to be completed before a final determination can be reached. The Sheriff's Office was advised from the Will County Coroner that there were no visible signs of blunt force trauma or physical injury to the body of Semaj Crosby to indicate the exact cause of death.

At this time, this case is considered a suspicious death investigation. Today, Sheriff's detectives are continuing their investigation and are interviewing cooperating witnesses and some family members. No one is in custody. No one individual has been targeted as a suspect, however, no one individual has been ruled out as a suspect. Every angle of this tragic incident is being actively examined.

The Sheriff's Office is asking news agencies, as well as the public, and those on social media sites, to please be patient as this investigation moves forward. Any facts in this case deemed important for public knowledge will be released when appropriate. -end-
http://www.willcosheriff.org/pressr...rumors-surrounding-death&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

IMO, reading between the lines, that's quite a pointed message...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back