Found Deceased IL - Semaj Crosby, 16 mos, Joliet Township, 25 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's in the CBS link. He did say that, but it was only the first half of his sentence. For me, it read differently between the title of the article and the full quote in the body of the article.

One thing I found lacking in the pastors comments in the article is he had plenty of places to point fingers, he mentioned the community as faiLing Semaj, but no where was it stated in msm at least, the the church failed to reach out to this family. Isn't the purpose of church and Christians to reach out to the sick and the poor? Or do they just point fingers at government agencies that fail? There was really long list of loving family members listed in Semaj's obituary. Where were they to help? My point is, it isn't one individuals failure. Legally responsible is entirely different types than morally responsible and there is a long list of people who failed this child morally.

I'll also add, I am on the fence regarding Darleend and the paternal side of the family. Unless Darlene was residing at the home on Louis, I'm inclined to consider the possibility of the godmother making her a scapegoat. Everyone seems angry at Darleen calling DCFS, but maybe she felt that was her only option and because of her sons legal troubles that was her only option?

Where did the godmother live? Did she have room to temporarily take Sherri, her godchild and the boys in? According to that safe homes link I posted above, Sherri had the legal right to abandon her lease. Did anyone offer to help get her out of that situation? There was more than one option to improve Semaj's living conditions.

I dunno - the direct quotes are pretty clear. Do you have a link to his full statement? If CBS cut out something that would change the meaning then yes I agree that's stinky reporting!

I get tired of people pointing the finger at everyone else and complaining about what so and so didn't do. Why not look at the situation and ask oneself what they could have done differently and how they can help improve and prevent situations from occurring in the future?

Here is an example of a program in a different metro Chicago county. Maybe those wishing to do some thing to help kids and parents in Semaj's situation can try to create a simiair program for Will County residents?

https://www.bridgecommunities.org/index.html

It's in the CBS link. He did say that, but it was only the first half of his sentence. For me, it read differently between the title of the article and the full quote in the body of the article.

One thing I found lacking in the pastors comments in the article is he had plenty of places to point fingers, he mentioned the community as faiLing Semaj, but no where was it stated in msm at least, the the church failed to reach out to this family. Isn't the purpose of church and Christians to reach out to the sick and the poor? Or do they just point fingers at government agencies that fail? There was really long list of just loving family members listed in Semaj's obituary. Where were they to help? My point is, it isn't one individuals failure. Legally responsible is entirely different types than morally responsible and there is a long list of people who failed this child morally.

I'll also add, I am on the fence regarding Darleend and the paternal side of the family. Unless Darlene was residing at the home on Louis, I'm inclined to consider the possibility of the godmother making her a scapegoat. Everyone seems angry at Darleen calling DCFS, but maybe she felt that was her only option and because of her sons legal troubles that was her only option?

Where did the godmother live? Did she have room to temporarily take Sherri, her godchild and the boys in? According to that safe homes link I posted above, Sherri had the legal right to abandon her lease. Did anyone offer to help get her out of that situation? There was more than one option to improve Semaj's living conditions.

Thanks to tlcya and Cubby for the additional info. Cubby I completely agree with your second paragraph!

I was hoping there would be an arrest right after the funeral. :sigh:

SHERIFF'S OFFICE QUASHING ADDITIONAL RUMORS

It has come to the attention of the Will County Sheriff's Office that specific news agencies and their social media chatter has once again been mishandling and circulating wrong information. Because of the tragic nature of this case and the emotional outpouring surrounding it, the Sheriff's Office feels it is important to keep the public abreast of the facts.

The Semaj Crosby case remains an open and active investigation. The case is still considered a 'suspicious death' investigation. Several news agencies and reporters have recently FOIA'd (Freedom of Information Act) information/reports surrounding this case. The Sheriff's Office has responded to those requests and most of the information has been denied. As part of the denial letter the Sheriff's Office refers to Illinois State Statutes to explain to the requester our reasons for denial. A particular section of that denial letter refers to "IL State Statute Exemption 7(1)(d)(vii) Obstruction of Ongoing Criminal Investigation".

To clarify, the Sheriff's Office has not 'upgraded' the Crosby investigation. Sheriff's detectives from our Criminal Investigation Division continue their tireless work on this case. Because of the nature of this case, it is and always has been, considered a criminal case...opposed to a civil case. No one is in custody. No one has been ruled a suspect, nor has any person been ruled out at a suspect.

Other misleading statements is the information that has been provided to some news agencies/reporters, through FOIA requests, regarding the amount of visits that were made to the Crosby house within the past year. News reports and social media sites, with the actual address activity information that was provided to them, have reported that the Sheriff's Office, or "officers" made 59 visits to that residence. This simply is not true.

To clarify, the Will County Probation Office made 40 visits to the home. The Sheriff's Office and the Probation Office are two separate agencies. When a Probation officer visits a residence, for whatever reason, they are required to call the Sheriff's 911 dispatch center. Sheriff's deputies do not respond to these visits unless requested to do so from Probation personnel. The Sheriff's Office did however make 14 visits to the residence. Five reports were deemed necessary and written by deputies, one of which was the day Semaj went missing. Nine other visits to the home did not warrant a written report, such as the two times (in one day) deputies delivered Easter baskets to the home.

To update: The Sheriff's Office continues to work diligently on this case. The FBI, the Will County State's Attorney's Office, and the Will County Coroner continue to work with the Sheriff's Office in order to do a complete and thorough investigation. At this time, all family members have retained an attorney. This past week detectives have conducted numerous interviews. Additionally, last week, the Sheriff's Office placed a request to expedite any lab results. Yesterday, the Sheriff's Office did receive a portion of the lab tests in this case. Nothing regarding these results will be provided to news agencies, nor the public, as this is a critical part of the investigation. The final lab results are not expected, at a minimum, for 3 to 4 weeks.

Finally, please be patient and allow law enforcement to do their jobs. We are asking news agencies, reporters, and the public to be aware that rumors, distorted facts, and incorrect information, can have a negative effect on an investigation. All pertinent information surrounding this tragic death will be released from the Sheriff's Office. That information can be found at www.willcosheriff.org (click Press Releases) or you can visit us on Facebook or Twitter. -end-
http://www.willcosheriff.org/pressr...ce-quashing-additional-1&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

I just can't with these photos. That casket is so tiny and that baby should not be in it. :notgood:

Reading the obit- I noticed RC was omitted. I've read they are sisters, and I've read they "aren't really sisters" too. Don't know if her name omission was an oversight or not. From what I understand, she stated on her FB that she was the one who banging on the outside of mobile unit while SC was being interviewed and telling her not to speak. LC deleted her FB account today, her posts were largely private so that was curious.
I'm curious about the attendance of the funeral- wonder if all the household members/squatters paid their respects at the service today. Not that it would point to guilt, but the family dynamics are confusing to me.

Reading the obit- I noticed RC was omitted. I've read they are sisters, and I've read they "aren't really sisters" too. Don't know if her name omission was an oversight or not. From what I understand, she stated on her FB that she was the one who banging on the outside of mobile unit while SC was being interviewed and telling her not to speak. LC deleted her FB account today, her posts were largely private so that was curious.
I'm curious about the attendance of the funeral- wonder if all the household members/squatters paid their respects at the service today. Not that it would point to guilt, but the family dynamics are confusing to me.

I am a little confused --do you mean SG and RG? If not, who are SC and RC? Sorry, I might be out of the loop.

I was hoping there would be an arrest right after the funeral. :sigh:

I'd be very surprised if an arrest occurred before the coroner completed his investigation. Tox reports are still pending..........

Can anybody confirm if the Joliet Fire Department was at the house today putting out what is rumored to be the 2nd fire?
I'm not scanner savvy and don't see anything popping up on Google.
I'm not seeing anything other than some local's FB pics and videos.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Maybe it was set to cover something up? IMO

The East Joliet Fire Department responded to the fire, which apparently started in a bedroom, about 6 a.m. but decided to let the house burn.
“It was a nuisance,” Deputy Chief Kirk Kelly said of the house.
After the fire department arrived at the house, Chief Bob Scholtes “determined it was a nuisance and decided to let it burn to the ground,” Kelly said.

https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/baby-sema-j-s-death-house-burns-ground

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay