Found Deceased IL - Semaj Crosby, 16 mos, Joliet Township, 25 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ultimately, a parent is responsible for the welfare of their child/children.

Ultimately, yes. And when that parent faces challenges such as having a diminished mental capacity (as it's been stated SG has), there are supposed to be social/community supports in place to assist that parent. The investigator in this case had to walk through that house to get to the bedroom where the bunk beds are to see that they were not assembled properly. Then they would have had to walk back through the house again, to exit. And they still left those kids there. In that roach infested rat's nest. They very same roach infested rat's nest they reported as not having any safety hazards or health concerns.

Wow this says she is survived by THREE brothers and one sister

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a brother that is dad's child with a different mother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The Will County sheriff’s office is now describing Semaj Crosby’s death as “an ongoing criminal investigation” while also disclosing that its officers visited the house where the toddler was found dead nearly 60 times in a little more than a year’s time, newly obtained records show."

"In response to a Freedom of Information Act request submitted by the Chicago Sun-Times, the sheriff’s office withheld some records, citing “an ongoing criminal investigation.” But the sheriff’s office did disclose that officers came to Semaj Crosby’s Joliet Township house 59 times between February 2016 and April 2017."

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/police-semaj-crosbys-death-an-ongoing-criminal-investigation/

MOO one half sister and one half brother via dad. based on the msm reports and this obit, it is my belief that Semaj's mother only birthed 3 children and Semaj was her only bio daughter.

"The Will County sheriff’s office is now describing Semaj Crosby’s death as “an ongoing criminal investigation” while also disclosing that its officers visited the house where the toddler was found dead nearly 60 times in a little more than a year’s time, newly obtained records show."

"In response to a Freedom of Information Act request submitted by the Chicago Sun-Times, the sheriff’s office withheld some records, citing “an ongoing criminal investigation.” But the sheriff’s office did disclose that officers came to Semaj Crosby’s Joliet Township house 59 times between February 2016 and April 2017."

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/police-semaj-crosbys-death-an-ongoing-criminal-investigation/

B&UBM I don't even know what to think/say about that.

So many missed opportunities to see that things were spiraling downward quickly in that household. :(

Tlcya:

Quote Originally Posted by MSCJgrad View Post

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/pol...investigation/

OFGS!

B&UBM I don't even know what to think/say about that.

So many missed opportunities to see that things were spiraling downward quickly in that household. :(
I'm sorry, but when there's a call to a specific residence is there no alert or something that this is the "x" call in a month or whatever? I'm baffled that on average, there were 5 calls a month to this house. How does this continue with no intervention? It really takes a child's DEATH?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

awful.

a friend of mine years ago messed around with a neighbor. his mother lived next door and sister across the street. she became pregnant by him and eventually had two kids a year apart. he wouldn't work, was controlling and mentally abusive and on and off drugs. she tried to kick him out and he wouldn't leave. she changed her locks and he came in the window. she called the cops and they said she had to evict him.

she sold her house and moved. he followed and kissed her *advertiser censored* then the same **** happened.

she moved A THIRD TIME and it happened again.

she finally moved out of state.

I finally just watched this and wanted to add a few bits of interesting info.

a few of my friends from Chicago said that Joliet is a shizz hole.

I'm sorry, but when there's a call to a specific residence is there no alert or something that this is the "x" call in a month or whatever? I'm baffled that on average, there were 5 calls a month to this house. How does this continue with no intervention? It really takes a child's DEATH?

Sent from my SM

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
And with that many calls, does the same person visit each time or is there a queue system where its assigned somewhat at random?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's not clear who was in the home when the girl disappeared, authorities have said.

That sentence describes exactly why I believe this case will never get solved, unless someone talks. So many people in the house a good defense attorney will cast enough reasonable doubt by pointing fingers at any of the "squatters" who lived there.

Every day this case gets more and more eye opening. It'll get political posturing, no doubt, but I don't see this case being solved.

And what is most heart breaking is this will happen again...somewhere else...with another child...SMH
It's not clear who was in the home when the girl disappeared, authorities have said.

That sentence describes exactly why I believe this case will never get solved, unless someone talks. So many people in the house a good defense attorney will cast enough reasonable doubt by pointing fingers at any of the "squatters" who lived there.

Every day this case gets more and more eye opening. It'll get political posturing, no doubt, but I don't see this case being solved.

a few of my friends from Chicago said that Joliet is a shizz hole

RSBM. Like any city, Joliet has its good and bad area's. Respectively, what does that have to do with this case?

About the calls per the article

There were 40 were probation visits
2 were welfare checks

Additional reasons (some of which interlap)
-4 were disturbances (some of which were domestic)
-4 were public service
-2 were crisis intervention
-2 were to deliver subpoenas
- 2 building checks
- 1 assistance of fire department
- 1 arson
- 1 was death of Semaj

So we had the probation officers, the police, the fire department, social workers responding to reports of neglect and abuse, one child hospitalized, another begging not to go back into that house because of physical and emotional abuse and yet not one adult put their foot down and forcefully spoke up for these kids. Pathetic.

Thisthisthisthis

about the calls per the article

there were 40 were probation visits
2 were welfare checks

additional reasons (some of which interlap)
-4 were disturbances (some of which were domestic)
-4 were public service
-2 were crisis intervention
-2 were to deliver subpoenas
- 2 building checks
- 1 assistance of fire department
- 1 arson
- 1 was death of semaj

so we had the probation officers, the police, the fire department, social workers responding to reports of neglect and abuse, one child hospitalized, another begging not to go back into that house because of physical and emotional abuse and yet not one adult put their foot down and forcefully spoke up for these kids. Pathetic.

Ultimately, yes. And when that parent faces challenges such as having a diminished mental capacity (as it's been stated SG has), there are supposed to be social/community supports in place to assist that parent. The investigator in this case had to walk through that house to get to the bedroom where the bunk beds are to see that they were not assembled properly. Then they would have had to walk back through the house again, to exit. And they still left those kids there. In that roach infested rat's nest. They very same roach infested rat's nest they reported as not having any safety hazards or health concerns.

I have an adult son with a disability. I am personally aware of all involved with that. Legally, unless this mother has a guardian, she is free to let whomever live with her, break the rules, keep a filthy home, etc etc. The state can become a legal guardian over an adult with a disability, if no relative can or will, in order to provide comprehensive services to her and the children . It is no longer free nor easy to obtain guardianship of an adult unless they are very low functioning. The state seems to have let everyone down

I'd just like to remind people that the city of Joliet doesn't have jurisdiction over this case, or any of the 59 previous visits mentioned in todays msm. This is all county. Will County.

Unincorporated area's do not get city services. They have lower property taxes and county policing. People sometimes prefer living in unincorporated areas because there is less policing. It's considered a less restrictive area.

https://www.willcosheriff.org

Preston Heights:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_Heights,_Illinois

I understand, I think, that legally, the city of Joliet is not responsible, it is the county. However, I think our society has failed greatly, once again..but that is not to be argued here. I pray daily that it changes.
I'd just like to remind people that the city of Joliet doesn't have jurisdiction over this case, or any of the 59 previous visits mentioned in todays msm. This is all county. Will County.

Unincorporated area's do not get city services. They have lower property taxes and county policing. People sometimes prefer living in unincorporated areas because there is less policing. It's considered a less restrictive area.

https://www.willcosheriff.org

Preston Heights:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_Heights,_Illinois

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members