Found Deceased IL - Sheila Khalili, 27, Bourbonnais, ONU student, 5 May 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To be fair I'm not far off Sheila's age and I wouldn't let my parents know at that time what I was doing or at any other time for that matter. Maybe it's just a British thing....

I wish we knew exactly which tower her cell phone pinged to. That might help with theories of what happened. Voluntarily missing? Suicide? Accident? Kidnapping?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Since she had already returned home (Schaumburg) on Thursday, what did she do all day after 12:00 p.m.? (last one to see her was her father).

We don't know who saw her Thursday night in Bloomingdale, correct?
Was it a man or a woman? Did they go out to eat? Why did she plan to go to see other friends when it was already so late (now early Friday)?

To be fair I'm not far off Sheila's age and I wouldn't let my parents know at that time what I was doing or at any other time for that matter. Maybe it's just a British thing....

She had already returned home from school though is my understanding.
Very rude and inconsiderate not to let parents know when you're not coming home to sleep if you're staying in their home (in USA). Especially for a young lady.
Parents worry.

She could have checked out of her dorm but didn't have enough room in her car for all her stuff. (I definitely never had enough space at the end of the school year). Maybe her left over stuff was with a friend/roommate and that's where she was headed? I'm not sure why so late/early though.
Did they ever say who reported her missing? Was it her family or the friend?
"27-year-old Sheila Khalili was reported missing by her family Friday when she didn’t make it home to Schaumburg."
http://wgntv.com/2017/05/09/family-offers-20k-reward-for-information-on-missing-nursing-student/

"Olivet Nazarene University nursing student Sheila Khalili was reported missing by her family on Friday."
http://www.daily-journal.com/news/l...cle_af7d6940-a024-5115-8835-c5455a172f30.html

Also, during the press conference, one of Sheila's brothers stated the family first became concerned when her mom came home around 3 PM on Friday and Sheila wasn't there.
http://wgntv.com/2017/05/09/family-offers-20k-reward-for-information-on-missing-nursing-student/

She had already returned home from school though is my understanding.
Very rude and inconsiderate not to let parents know when you're not coming home to sleep if you're staying in their home (in USA). Especially for a young lady.
Parents worry.

In that case then yeah you're probably right. It must be different culture to the UK or maybe because I'm male, if I told my parents I was coming home to stay or was/wasn't gonna be home they wouldn't bat an eyelid either way. America is much bigger and from what I can tell more dangerous than the UK (especially compared to if you live in a close knit town like I do). When I was a lot younger (17/18) it wouldn't be unusual for me not to go home for 3/4 days without speaking to my parents even when I lived at home. Just some conjecture on my part, obviously this is completely different, just trying to get used to a different way of thinking on our Atlantic cousins part!

In that case then yeah you're probably right. It must be different culture to the UK or maybe because I'm male, if I told my parents I was coming home to stay or was/wasn't gonna be home they wouldn't bat an eyelid either way. America is much bigger and from what I can tell more dangerous than the UK (especially compared to if you live in a close knit town like I do). When I was a lot younger (17/18) it wouldn't be unusual for me not to go home for 3/4 days without speaking to my parents even when I lived at home. Just some conjecture on my part, obviously this is completely different, just trying to get used to a different way of thinking on our Atlantic cousins part!

Agree, my two kids each had a key and could come and go as they pleased after they returned home from college for a short time.

They USUALLY gave a time they would be returning home and most of the time even told us where they were going.

BUT thats just kinda my family. My husband and I would tell someone "hey going to the store" or "going for a walk".

We had other friends that no one talked to anyone in the family so I think its just how an individual family is.

Agree, my two kids each had a key and could come and go as they pleased after they returned home from college for a short time.

They USUALLY gave a time they would be returning home and most of the time even told us where they were going.

BUT thats just kinda my family. My husband and I would tell someone "hey going to the store" or "going for a walk".

We had other friends that no one talked to anyone in the family so I think its just how an individual family is.

Don't get me wrong I love my parents and we're still a close family in some ways ie: me and my mom, and me and mom dad (in different ways because they're split up). But (and I say this for a lot of kids in England/UK as it must be the same) once you hit 16 you pretty much did what you want? That's not to say my parents didn't worry about me, but I never really had much trouble after that age doing what I wanted, and once I hit 18 that was it really I never told them anything I was doing or where I'd be etc and I don't think they were ever too worried about me. Maybe that's just my small minors town mentality kicking into play!

"27-year-old Sheila Khalili was reported missing by her family Friday when she didn’t make it home to Schaumburg."

"Olivet Nazarene University nursing student Sheila Khalili was reported missing by her family on Friday."
http://www.daily-journal.com/news/l...cle_af7d6940-a024-5115-8835-c5455a172f30.html

Also, during the press conference, one of Sheila's brothers stated the family first became concerned when her mom came home around 3 PM on Friday and Sheila wasn't there.
Did the friend in Bradley know Sheila was coming? I know if someone was coming to my house in the middle of the night and than didn't show up, I would be pretty concerned and calling parents and other friends a lot sooner than the afternoon. IMO

She could have checked out of her dorm but didn't have enough room in her car for all her stuff. (I definitely never had enough space at the end of the school year). Maybe her left over stuff was with a friend/roommate and that's where she was headed? I'm not sure why so late/early though.
Did they ever say who reported her missing? Was it her family or the friend?

Now that I have a clearer picture (on Thursday she had arrived home to Schaumburg once already before heading out again) she drove to Bloomingdale which is close to, but south of, Schaumburg.

For what reason would she head further south after midnight?
If she had left belongings behind with a friend, she probably would have gone back for them during the day.
Anything is possible though.

Maybe her parents didn't expect her to return home Thursday night (even though she was home on Thursday morning). It wasn't until Friday afternoon that her mom grew concerned.

We have many different ethnic cultures here in the USA as well. Britain does too now, no?

We have many different ethnic cultures here in the USA as well. Britain does too now, no?

Of course! I'd imagine a lot is based on where you live. For instance I couldn't imagine my parents when I was a kid letting me did what I did if we lived in say innercity Birmingham/London. It's fascinating for me to see how different American culture is, I've been a few times when I was younger but at an age when I obviously wouldn't understand these differences in culture.

I am now even more confused. I've honestly never seen anything like this before ...:

"updated: 5/10/2017 12:54 PM
Schaumburg woman's disappearance shatters close-knit family:

Khalili's disappearance occurred hours after she completed the last of her final exams and set off to celebrate.

She left Bourbonnais at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, May 4, to visit friends in Bloomingdale about an hour away, Glasgow said.

After hanging out with those friends for the day, she got a call from friends in Bradley -- near Bourbonnais -- asking her to come back and stay with them.

The last recorded site of her I-PASS transponder was exiting the I-294 tollway onto Route 57 toward Bourbonnais. She also sent a text about 1:50 a.m. Friday, May 5, to tell friends she had made it that far.

Then, after a day of frequent texting, communication stopped. The last cellphone signal was detected near Bourbonnais, Glasgow said.

Her friends in Bradley waited for her until 5 a.m. while growing increasingly worried, he said.

Khalili has no history of depression or running away, and such sudden, total silence is completely out of character, Glasgow said.
...." (BBM)

Now if the second sentence said Sheila left Shaumburg -instead of Bourbonnais-, then the rest of the article would make sense to me (but then it also says "about an hour away" - Schaumburg to Bloomingdale is approx. 15 minutes, where as Bourbonnais to Bloomingdale is a little over an hour).

I am going to reach out to the reporter for clarification ...!

There is much more about Sheila and her family at the link. Sounds like a wonderful family ...: http://www.dailyherald.com/news/20170510/schaumburg-womans-disappearance-shatters-close-knit-family

I listened to the press conference. Still confusing but this is what I interpret. She was last seen at her home in Schaumburg Thursday morning and left around 11:30 am to 12:30 pm to visit a friend in Bloomingdale. She was with the friend until around 1:00 am then started to drive back to ONU. They said her last iPass location was near Bourbonnais at 2:00 am. That makes no sense as there isn't a toll plaza near there. Can your location be determined if you have iPass without passing through a toll plaza?

One of the reporters mentioned she was at Jack's with friends in Bloomingdale then their lawyer cut her off as apparently the police didn't want that to be disclosed. They must be investigating a Jack and friends who were last seen with her? Or could Jack's be a restaurant or bar?

https://jaxxpubgrill.com/

Could be this place. Sure would open up possibilities. Closes at 1:00 a.m., Sun-Thurs.

Of course! I'd imagine a lot is based on where you live. For instance I couldn't imagine my parents when I was a kid letting me did what I did if we lived in say innercity Birmingham/London. It's fascinating for me to see how different American culture is, I've been a few times when I was younger but at an age when I obviously wouldn't understand these differences in culture.

My husband would be fast asleep at 3:00 a.m. when our son was not home yet (while still living or staying here). It was me, the mom, who was wide eyed and worried.
I simply requested he let me know his plans but a few times he failed to do so.

What if traffic accident, he punched someone out and was in jail, kidnapped, etc.
Don't hang around WS too long or you'll turn into a nutcase (like me!).

Not meaning to be insensitive to the people connected to this case. As we can see,
there are legit reasons to worry about the people in our lives.

I am now even more confused. I've honestly never seen anything like this before ...:

Khalili's disappearance occurred hours after she completed the last of her final exams and set off to celebrate.

She left Bourbonnais at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, May 4, to visit friends in Bloomingdale about an hour away, Glasgow said.

After hanging out with those friends for the day, she got a call from friends in Bradley -- near Bourbonnais -- asking her to come back and stay with them.

The last recorded site of her I-PASS transponder was exiting the I-294 tollway onto Route 57 toward Bourbonnais. She also sent a text about 1:50 a.m. Friday, May 5, to tell friends she had made it that far.

Then, after a day of frequent texting, communication stopped. The last cellphone signal was detected near Bourbonnais, Glasgow said.

Her friends in Bradley waited for her until 5 a.m. while growing increasingly worried, he said.

Khalili has no history of depression or running away, and such sudden, total silence is completely out of character, Glasgow said.
...." (BBM)

Now if the second sentence said Sheila left Shaumburg -instead of Bourbonnais-, then the rest of the article would make sense to me (but then it also says "about an hour away" - Schaumburg to Bloomingdale is approx. 15 minutes, where as Bourbonnais to Bloomingdale is a little over an hour).

There is much more about Sheila and her family at the link. Sounds like a wonderful family ...: http://www.dailyherald.com/news/20170510/schaumburg-womans-disappearance-shatters-close-knit-family
There have been so many conflicting and confusing stories of where she was and where she was going I think I'd fire the family lawyer

Great find! I wouldn't be surprised if she was there late Friday night.

Just having fun. Still, why ask a female friend to drive (an hour?) south after midnight?Then, what happened to the person or group she was with (if she was) at Jaxx?

Someone unrelated could have followed her.

Just having fun. Still, why ask a female friend to drive (an hour?) south after midnight?Then, what happened to the person or group she was with (if she was) at Jaxx?

Someone unrelated could have followed her.
Good questions. Young people do impulsive things. She just finished finals and probably wanted to have fun with friends. It appears she made it all the way to Bourbonnais area. You'd think if someone followed her they wouldn't drive an hour following her. I keep thinking she ran off the road or the friends she was coming back to visit at ONU know what's going on.

...." (BBM)

Just heard back from the reporter (that was quick :)):
"You are correct, and we are making that change to reflect that she did leave SCHAUMBURG at 11:30 a.m. Thursday.

Thomas Glasgow had emphasized that Sheila had just completed her final exams. Do you happen to know whether she had finished them that morning? I'm waiting for a call back from him as well. Thank you!"

If anyone knows the answer to the reporter's question, you may wish to help him out. His email is epeterson@dailyherald.com.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back