IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had just about completely given up hope on this case. This would be absolutely incredible if it’s him, holy crap.

I can’t imagine what his last 7 years have been like if it’s him. And who are the men? Did his mother give Timmothy to them before she committed suicide?

So many questions.

23 WIFR (CBS) in Rockford just posted one more photo on Twitter:

D3RH8reXsAEqUBr.jpg

23 WIFR on Twitter

This is the best article I've seen on this case on a LONG time. It's full of new information, filling in a lot of things we've guessed at previously :

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/5872067-417/one-month-later-search-continues-for-timmothy-pitzen.html

Edit : Hmmm seems to have been taken down ... it had more details about the suicide note, what she bought at the grocery store, the route taken to Sterling, where the phone calls were made, hotel workers impressions of Amy the night she killed herself, even more details of the crime scene and what room it was.

What I can remember after reading it :

The suicide note was 5 lines, and stated in it that Timmothy was with people and would never be found.
At the grocery store in Winnebego she purchased Ritz Crackers and Milk, and was seen on security camera.
In the hotel she was in room 108 and paid $40 cash. The manager said she was calm and even - he doesn't believe she had killed her son.
She cut her wrists in the bathtub and then tried to get out, collapsing by the sink. Maids found her the next morning.
She took interstates through Rockford to Sterling, not back roads (based on ipass). However she took back roads back to Rockford.
The results of the grass \ mud samples and the more recent searches in Sterling have been inconclusive.
Bringing this forward because someone mentioned the possibility the mother did not kill herself. Apparently she slit her wrists in the tub and then attempted to get out, collapsing by the sink.

It's interesting to me that Timothy reportedly knew details regarding his mother's suicide, what she wrote in her note, etc.

From the police report: https://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/documents/040319-wls-Pitzen-incident-report-doc.pdf

"Timothy is originally from Illinois and was last known to be with his mother, who apparently had killed herself. A note was left stating that Timothy was with someone, but was safe."

Not sure, but that paragraph may be Officer Davis's research into Timmothy's disappearance and not the teen's own words. All the other information in the report is indirectly quoted from the teen.

From the police report: https://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/documents/040319-wls-Pitzen-incident-report-doc.pdf

"Timothy is originally from Illinois and was last known to be with his mother, who apparently had killed herself. A note was left stating that Timothy was with someone, but was safe."

Not sure, but that paragraph may be Officer Davis's research into Timmothy's disappearance and not the teen's own words. All the other information in the report is indirectly quoted from the teen.

Oh, it could be. It wasn't clear to me if that's the officer adding information or information Timmothy provided.

How long does it take to send finger prints to Aurora for comparison and then get the results?

I don't know anything about fingerprints, but from an article posted this afternoon: "The FBI has not confirmed a link to the Pitzen case and said they're conducting a DNA test to identify the child. Aurora police said the DNA tests will take about 24 hours."
Boy tells police he's Timmothy Pitzen, escaped kidnappers

(BBM)

How long does it take to send finger prints to Aurora for comparison and then get the results?
I doubt that they have fingerprints from when he was six to compare them.

Today's fingerprint comparison analysis is computerized and it returns results instantly with numbers like 5000% certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678