IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a story.

I never heard of Timmothy's case until today. I knew there would be a thread on him here.

As a newcomer to the case, it does seem like this is the same boy. My first hunch was that the mom handed him off to someone she thought would be a good place for him, but she was duped into giving him into a network of bad people who passed him around. I'm frightened for him....but so glad he escaped, if this is Timmothy. And if it's not Timmothy, I'm glad he is in a place to get help.

Can you imagine what the father is going through right now? It's unbelievable, impossible to imagine.

I hope this turns out to be Timmothy and he is able to recover and resume his life as it was meant to be.

Bittersweet.

jmo

I would caution people using the word scam. Unless this is a The Imposter (Nicholas Barclay) situation which I would think most likely not, no matter who he is, this is a traumatized child who has likely been through hell. I am most inclined to think it is not Timmothy. I stopped following true crime cases some years ago. How often are missing children found alive after years? Of course there was Steven Stayner and Shawn Hornbeck(?). Any other cases? Both of them suffered horrific abuse by their captors. People don't kidnap children just to put them with new, happy families. I am glad a DNA test is being done immediately to get concrete answers so there is no chance of a repeat of the Barclay situation. I would love to be wrong about this not being him. PS DCFS workers are doing gods work. They aren't selling children. Good grief.

Wow, what a story.

I never heard of Timmothy's case until today. I knew there would be a thread on him here.

As a newcomer to the case, it does seem like this is the same boy. My first hunch was that the mom handed him off to someone she thought would be a good place for him, but she was duped into giving him into a network of bad people who passed him around. I'm frightened for him....but so glad he escaped, if this is Timmothy. And if it's not Timmothy, I'm glad he is in a place to get help.

Can you imagine what the father is going through right now? It's unbelievable, impossible to imagine.

I hope this turns out to be Timmothy and he is able to recover and resume his life as it was meant to be.

Bittersweet.

jmo
Same here, never heard of this. If it is him, I wonder if he's had any education or can even read?

I am trying to catch up....This may have been addressed - if so, just ignore this post.
I just read about this case - it is new to me.
I keep seeing people post that maybe the mom didn't really commit suicide. Why are people saying this?

She was found dead and her body had an autopsy:

Police reports at the time say Fry-Pitzen checked into the motel alone, without her son. An autopsy confirmed she had committed suicide with a series of slashes to her wrists. Boy found wandering the streets in a Kentucky claims to Timmothy Pitzen, missing since 2011 | Daily Mail Online

I am trying to catch up....This may have been addressed - if so, just ignore this post.
I keep seeing people post that maybe the mom didn't really commit suicide. Why are people saying this?

I think some of us were thinking that if he really was kidnapped, then maybe the kidnappers killed his mom and made it appear to be suicide. I think suicide is more likely though.

MyBelle said:
The Internet was quite active in 2011 and all Amy needed was a computer. I think human trafficking is facilitated by corrupt individuals who work for social service agencies which offer all kinds of "help" via the Internet or help lines. They bait the hook and delusional parents bite.

I believe this is what happened to the Hoggle and Skelton children as well.

One thing is for certain: this child has parents somewhere and they need to be reunited.

JMO
I have been working in CPS in Illinois and Wisconsin since 2002 and find your baseless accusation EXTREMELY offensive. Few things on the internet really get me riled up anymore but this really did. I have worked SO hard to try to keep families together, reunify families who have had to be separated for the safety of the children, and ensure that children who could not reunify would have safe, loving, permanent homes. You have no idea how much of my heart, soul, energy, time, and health I have put into this because I believe every child deserves a safe loving home and every parent who has experienced trauma preventing them from providing this deserves someone to understand their situation and give them help. And almost every coworker I've ever had has done the same. Not saying that this has never occurred, but I can assure you it's not a widespread systemic issue, nor something that even happens occasionally.

NOT JUST MY OPINION. FACT.

Ummm she said "corrupt individuals"....FACT IS: CPS all over the country has major issues. The stories are far and wide of children being lost and 'foster parents' being all kinds of messed up. Hours on Google will corroborate this. I would direct your angst at the 'corrupt individuals', not @MyBelle who simply spoke a sad bit of reality.

With that said...... THANK YOU for all you do to help children/families!

Last edited:

I'm not saying it was or wasn't suicide. If this boy is Timmothy, her case deserves a second look. There are cases in which ppl have written suicide notes under duress.

Max Londberg
@MaxLondberg

Update: The teen found in Newport today gave his birthday as "10-18-04," according to police audio. That's the DOB of Timmothy Pitzen, who disappeared nearly eight years ago.

Max Londberg on Twitter

That could explain why they were so quick to publicly speculate about his identity. Either way this poor boy has been through hell it seems.

I would caution people using the word scam. Unless this is a The Imposter (Nicholas Barclay) situation which I would think most likely not, no matter who he is, this is a traumatized child who has likely been through hell. I am most inclined to think it is not Timmothy. I stopped following true crime cases some years ago. How often are missing children found alive after years? Of course there was Steven Stayner and Shawn Hornbeck(?). Any other cases? Both of them suffered horrific abuse by their captors. People don't kidnap children just to put them with new, happy families. I am glad a DNA test is being done immediately to get concrete answers so there is no chance of a repeat of the Barclay situation. I would love to be wrong about this not being him. PS DCFS workers are doing gods work. They aren't selling children. Good grief.
I agree about DCS - I don't think that is an issue here.

I can't speak for others, and I'm new to the case, but I think it is possible someone (NOT DCS) convinced the mom they would take good care of the boy, but they had no intention on taking good care of him.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member