IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That could explain why they were so quick to publicly speculate about his identity. Either way this poor boy has been through hell it seems.

I would point out that his DOB is on missing children websites and his wikipedia page. So while him giving it is promising, if someone told him he was Timmothy or he looked into the case himself, this would be readily available info. I hope the DNA results come in soon for everyone's sake.

I've always said this wasn't planned.....it was VERY planned. She made arrangements and met with someone, I would say close to the Iowa border....she had contacts there as well b/c she was from there. The first trip on Feb 18 her trip from the Dixon toll and back took about 4 hrs and 13 mins, the second trip on Mar 20 took 5 hrs and 43 mins....1 1/2 hours longer. She wasn't just driving to a spot and turning around, it seems as though she was meeting with someone. I wonder if Timmothy was with her either of those trips? Was he intoduced to some new "friends"?

Also the first trip took her 44 mins from the Dekalb toll to Dixon....all other times it took her between 23-25 mins to travel 38 minutes. That's a big variance for that short of trip....which means she was speeding and on the first trip she stopped somewhere on the way for about 20 minutes (that's a significant stop) especially if you're speeding(in a hurry).

To dispose of her clothing, cell phone, I-Pass, etc.....she clearly had a plan with the intentions of no one ever finding Timmothy.

My questions....where did she meet people? On-line? Who put her in contact? How were the three trip (Feb, Mar and then lastely May) arranged? Are there more cell phone records?
Hope you all don’t mind me bringing some more interesting bits forward (hopefully it will save some of you 40 pages of reading). We’ll likely be speculating for a while longer how he ended up with these people. This is interesting here, that she seems to have made other trips previously that family could not explain. She may have planned this for a while. It seems to have ultimately gone wrong if he’s been passed around for years.

Seriously, what are the chances a 14-year-old kid knows anything about Timmothy's case?
My thoughts exactly. He looks like the missing child and knows information about the case (a case many of us crime watchers didn't know about). Would he be able to pull that off, if it isn't him? Seems unlikely.

DNA will tell and then there will be no lingering doubts either way.

jmo

I would point out that his DOB is on missing children websites and his wikipedia page. So while him giving it is promising, if someone told him he was Timmothy or he looked into the case himself, this would be readily available info. I hope the DNA results come in soon for everyone's sake.

But how many people who were hoaxing would look it up and know it off the top of their heads?

Well, if the mom has living relatives, they can compare the boy's DNA to her family as well as to his father's to confirm identity.

I'm sure the DNA matching is being done carefully.

jmo
The police may also have collected DNA from the mother at the time of her death. They might even have taken Timmothy’s toothbrush and have a sample of his DNA.

The police may also have collected DNA from the mother at the time of her death. They might even have taken Timmothy’s toothbrush and have a sample of his DNA.
Good to know. I am confident it will be confirmed easily if this is Timmothy or not. No use wondering, really, since it will be confirmed soon.

jmo

Three search warrants made public this week only deepen the mystery surrounding the case. In the warrants, Aurora police were seeking Amy’s e-mail records between Jan. 1 and May 14 and her phone records from 60 days before she went missing.

According to the warrant, FBI profilers told police that Amy likely planned her actions for months before she pulled Timmothy out of school. Police previously said that months before his disappearance, Timmothy’s mother took two unexplained trips to the area where her son would later go missing.

Court records show that Yahoo! turned over 34 e-mails and the log-in history for Amy’s e-mail account. According to an affidavit filed in the warrant, Pitzen had an account which her husband had access to, as well as one that she kept secret from him. The account was created in 2007 under “Amy Fry,” according to court records.

Court documents also show that police received records for Amy’s cell phone, which had Internet capabilities and had been used extensively in the days before she took Timmothy out of school. The phone has not been found, police said.

The warrant does not reveal what was in those e-mails or phone records, but police have previously said that they retrieved no useful information from either.

Full article:

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/7258825-418/looking-for-timmothy.html
Ok, so yes, she DID plan this months in advance according to FBI profilers.

My god, WHO did she end up handing him off to?!

USA Today has posted the police audio from finding him today: USA TODAY Video on Twitter
From the police audio: "Also stating the miscellanous that his mother is also entered as missing. As Amy Fry-Pitzen".
I wonder if this info was coming from Timmothy, and if so, did he even know that his mother died?
ETA: never mind. It seems the cop had looked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper