IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“We hope it’s true,” said Timmothy’s aunt, Kara Jacobs. “What’s hard is the story that he escaped from captors, and your mind goes in too many directions that you don’t want to think about. And what I’ve prayed about since he’s been gone is that God will keep him close and take care of him, and that maybe by some stroke of luck, he was with people who would love him. And if that’s not the case, it will be heartbreaking to get through, and it will be a legacy with Tim for the rest of his life.”

Timmothy Pitzen’s Family Hopes DNA Tests Will Confirm Today If Boy In Kentucky Is Missing Teen From Aurora

No children yet but pediatric dentists recommend bringing kids in at age 3. However, some parents wait a long time and some don’t take kids to the dentist often unfortunately.

They can do a DNA test and that’s what they’re doing. Also, they could use the father’s DNA to determine if it’s his child.

I'm sure early on they checked his blood type. It's far from conclusive evidence, but it's at least something that his blood type must have matched one of the parents of Timmothy.

According to surveillance video, he was not in that hotel where she committed the suicide. She dropped him off somewhere before the suicide.
How would he know that?
I have the same question. It’s possible he was told this by the people holding him or that he was given access to that information somehow...

Question for someone with children ... would a 6 year old have been to the dentist already by age 6 and had dental xrays?

Most children visit the dentist as toddlers. Unless you have cavities or a reason for x-rays, I think they do them when you have a few permanent teeth, which would be right around 6 for most. Timmothy might have had x-rays, or might not have.

Dan Griffin WLWT‏Verified account @DanGriffinWLWT

Up until yesterday, I had no idea who Timmothy Pitzen was. Now, I can’t stop thinking about this case and wondering if it may be him. This whole thing is just absolutely unbelievable.
1f62a.png
1f64f-1f3fb.png
#TimmothyPitzen

Dan Griffin WLWT on Twitter

I was thinking the same thing! What if the mom was murdered by these two men and it was made to look like a suicide? I sure hope it's really him and they nail these two scumbags, haul them in for questioning, and investigate the heck out of this case.

Exact same thing going through my mind now.

I would caution people using the word scam. Unless this is a The Imposter (Nicholas Barclay) situation which I would think most likely not, no matter who he is, this is a traumatized child who has likely been through hell. I am most inclined to think it is not Timmothy. I stopped following true crime cases some years ago. How often are missing children found alive after years? Of course there was Steven Stayner and Shawn Hornbeck(?). Any other cases? Both of them suffered horrific abuse by their captors. People don't kidnap children just to put them with new, happy families. I am glad a DNA test is being done immediately to get concrete answers so there is no chance of a repeat of the Barclay situation. I would love to be wrong about this not being him. PS DCFS workers are doing gods work. They aren't selling children. Good grief.

Jacey Duggard was another who was kidnapped and escaped and found alive years later

You would think that, if it's NOT Timothy, a family somewhere would have reported their 14 year old missing! I mean it's all over the news so, if it's not Timothy then someone must recognise the boy!
Am I clutching at straws here?
Just praying it is him and a family gets their miracle.

Sorry, but I do not believe this is him. His whole story does not add up.
Unless the police are withholding facts...which might be the case...too many unknown facts for someone who was held hostage for seven years.
I am sure he was not at the Red Roof Inn for seven years.
No description of where he was before? Too many things don't add up.

For those of you just coming on board today, I want to recep some of the story, since I read the whole thread last night and its still reasonably fresh in my mind.

Timmy's Mom took him out of school early on a Wed afternoon. She took him to the mechanic, where her car was serviced. They spent time at the zoo while this was happening. Then, she drove them to a water park and checked into a hotel Wed night. Stopped to purchase clothing and toys for Timmy (items never recovered). Checked out Thursday and went to a second park and checked in there. Checked out Friday morning, drove around, spoke to family - including a welfare check on the phone for Timmy - then is seen after several hours purchasing supplies without Timmy. Checked into a third hotel without Timmy, and committed suicide. Left note claiming that Timmy was with people who care about him and that he would never be found.
There was blood found in the car, which was explained as remnants of a nosebleed - but that was undetermined.
Mom's cell phone and Timmy's backpack and the items purchased while ont he trip were not discovered with the Mom when she died. She had changed her clothing from the videos of her when she was with Timmy, that original clothing also was not recovered. Two years later a woman turned in the cellphone. It had been found on the side of the highway near where the last phone calls had been made and was not turned on until right before she turned it in.
All computer, social media and phone searches have given no clues. It was discovered that the Mom had traveled to these same areas at least twice in the winter preceding the trip with Timmy. No one from the family was aware of these trips, nor had a reason for them.

Back when this first happened, people on Websleuths were split between thinking Timmothy was dead, or that he was alive and being held in secret somewhere. Since there is a lot of Amish in the area, that was a popular theory - someone also found a message on a public bulletin board in the month prior asking if Amish would take children from English people (thats what they call us). No one was thinking abduction. It seemed like the lead investigator was of the mindset that Timmothy was still alive, but they normally seem that way unless there is strong evidence of foul play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily