Found Deceased IL - Vanessa Ceja Ramirez, 22, murdered, Midlothian, 2 Nov 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was just thinking about this case and wondering what the status was. I understand some cases take time but as I have said in the past, I am surprised that given the extra brutal nature of the crime all has remained quiet.
A quick search, as others have already said, shows no updates since the end of November. IMO the few Twitter threads I saw were women warning each other of this incident. The reward was 10k last I saw...I find it unusual there are no updates, even to just repost the reward info/seeking info flyers.
While it is a small town, it’s only 18 miles outside of Chicago where there are prob more resources in terms of reporting.
indeed I am rambling now lol, sorry, I just hate to see any thread go quiet...I am sure I am not the only one who will keep doing google searches in the hope that justice is served.

I can't remember if I posted this already, but this article from 11/24 says the reward has been slightly raised and that the family has asked the FBI for help (use google translate).

“Lo que le pasó a Vanessa no puede suceder más”: una joven desapareció tras salir a caminar en un bosque y luego fue hallada muerta

I also found this article below which says that the victim took a snapchat while on the walk when she went missing, which they show and report as being the last photo. I am not sure of this source though because in the article, they incorrectly state that her cell phone pinged "3 miles away in Oak Park." Oak Park (the town) is different than Oak Park (the street), and the town is located much farther (approx. 25 miles) north of Midlothian.

I don't really understand this section of the following article, as the article itself doesn't specify exactly what these "mental health issues" were:

"Vanessa seemed in good spirits and had no reason to disappear. Her mental health issues however could have prompted to become disoriented (as she has in the past) and lose her way, not knowing where she was or where she was headed."

https://www.missinginillinois.org/p...und-deceased-11-4-2020-in-midlothian-illinois

I thought this case would be solved quickly after LE served (IIRC) a SW at an apartment complex within days of Vanessa's murder. What happened to this young woman, during a walk with her family, when she just wanted to head back to the car is so vile. IMO

I'm from the area and I haven't heard about this. I will share and not forget, I will keep looking for updates regularly. It is absolutely terrifying that someone can be walking around out there free in our area committing these atrocities.

This was another case that really reminded me of VCR's, it was on the local news a week or so ago. Luckily, they caught the suspect after a few days. It made me wonder if perhaps he has some connection to VCR, but Beach Park is way north compared to Midlothian.

Police looking for man after 16-year-old girl violently sexually assaulted on suburban bike path | WGN-TV

Suspect Arrested, Charged in Sexual Assault of Teen Girl on Beach Park Bike Path

As far as the VCR case specifically, I've heard absolutely nothing in the local news. Very sad.

IIRC she was found two days after the walk with her mom. I don't think it's been released if they believe she was kidnapped from the trail and left at the recovery location or if she was murdered within the area of the forest preserve. This case really bothers me. IMO

Autopsy results released Thursday revealed Ceja-Ramirez died of asphyxiation due to a ligature strangulation, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office. Her death has been ruled a homicide.

"It was brutal and it was vicious," crisis responder Andrew Holmes said.

Ceja-Ramirez was walking with her mother in the Midlothian Meadows forest preserve, but decided to separate and said she'd meet her later at the car. The 22-year-old teaching aide never made it.

Family of murdered Harvey woman hold rally to call for justice, remember victim

Absolutely nothing in the local TV news. I do feel like the local stations will pick up the story again when the one year anniversary occurs this November. If the local stations don't pick it up during that time, unfortunately they may never pick it up again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lamp
Back