Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(snipped from the article linked above)

The office of Will County Coroner Patrick K. O'Neil said the body -- which many believe could be that of either Peterson's missing wife Stacy -- was clad in only women's underwear and shreds of blue jeans that held a small amount of money.

Okay, so it's safe to say the body is a female.

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but you know how blue jeans have a double thickness waistband, some double seamed on the pockets and the waist through crotch area would make that area of the jeans last longer than the single layer of material. Also, because of this, the panties were still apparently intact. So the rest of the jean material had been shredded and washed away by the power of the water. It would be wonderful for the investigators if the jeans could be identified by brand and size, if the tag was still on the band. Sorry if I am just rambling...

To play devil's advocate briefly, that's their job. They are supposed to do stuff like this....even if their client is guilty. Make them look good, do whatever it takes to make sure that prosecuters and juries don't get their hands on evidence that could show guilt or innocense, to keep their childent out of jail. TO talk their client up and make them look great. They have to do whatever it takes to get the word out that their client is a good person before a jury is selected. Yeah dosn't make sense to me either but, that's their role. I despise how he made the comments about TM to, of course, make HIM look like the nutcase. That's his job though. If you're innocent, you need a good lawyer, if you're guility you need a lawyer like this one. Hopefully any jury can see through the stupidity.

I disagree. I am an attorney myself. I'm not a defense attorney but I know some who operate ethically. IMO, guys like Drew's and casey's attorneys do not. For example, you are not supposed to lie as an attorney (against the code of ethics to do so in a court of law), or present facts you know are false. We have such a bad name because many lawyers ignore this. Look, to me, the job of a defense attorney is to make sure that the client's constitutional rights are protected, that his Miranda rights were read and search warrants were issued with probable cause, you file motions to get the best venue, the best judge, to exclude evidence from trial, you investigate and depose witnesses, see if they are credible, you weigh the evidence and determine what is the likely outcome if the case goes to trial, advise your client of the risks, etc. and then make the best go of it at trial without presenting false facts or smearing innocent others, inclduing the victims, which I have seen some do.
Defense attorneys are not required to go on the air, to lie, make ridiculous statements such that the public's intelligence is insulted, and smugly condescend to anyone who disagrees with their fantastical stories or statements. Frankly, I think they actually hurt their clients with these antics, instead of helping them.

While it's reprehensible it's their job. What do you want them to say? "Yeah this is probably Stacy. Drew told me this is where he dumped the body."

Not gonna happen and if you need a DA you will want them to do those things.

Other than common sense assumption there is no evidence proving she's dead or that he had any involvement in her disappearance.

Of course not. I think you have to have seen the show to know what I mean. It's the context of the statements and the manner of delivery. The context makes the statements, or at least a part, so illogical or non-responsive as to be laughable and the delivery is so smug and smarmy and to make one think whoever that guy is representing must be guilty. I expect them to speak in a mature tone, to answer what questions they can with logic, to not act like those who disagree are stupid and to simply state: "I can't comment on that now. We are waiting for trial to disclose our case." in response to most of what is discussed.
All I know is that what these attorneys are doing nowadays by acting like buffons on national t.v., and trying to sway the public by appearing on these shows and making silly statements, does not work. It certainly did not work for Geragos. Better to say nothing at all.

I haven't been able to be here much because I am getting ready to go out of town but I just got off the phone with my friend who lives where the remains were found and she said she had not heard anything other than they were diving the area and are still out there,
She has a friend that is a dispatcher out there and she said she has not heard anything yet either.

Lili, I hope too that there is enough of the jeans left to reveal brand and or size. Nancy keeps reporting that remains only clad in panties but all reports here are that tattered jeans were found too.

Other than common sense assumption there is no evidence proving she's dead or that he had any involvement in her disappearance.

I snipped this because I did not respond to this part of your statement. I must disagree again. I think the statements from friends and family that Stacey would never leave her babies behind, the fact that she told her sister that if she died, it would be no accident, it would be Drew killing her, the fact that Drew asked his brother-in-law (according to the BIL) if he would kill for him and made statements indicating he was going to kill someone and that there would be no decomp smell due to the body being tightly sealed, the fact that a cousin stated Drew had him move a heavy blue barrel that was warm to the touch on the DAY that Stacey went missing, the fact that no one ever knew of or met this guy Stacey supposedly ran off with and that no one has EVER heard from her again, well, that's evidence. It may not all be admitted at trial and it may not all be admissible at trial but all of these things are not assumptions. They are evidence and based on actual reported statements but the witnesses involved, IIRC.

Remember Sandra, who supposedly gets messages through EVP and spirits? She was extremely close to the Lacy Peterson case by pointing out where she was told by spirits,said she was tied to the 5th buoy and said where she would wash up...it was very interesting, although I do know where I stand on the concept of EVP...Anyway, she has said, since Stacey's disappearance or soon after, that she was "told" that Stacey was at the Dresden Lock and Dam in deep water. She posted a map of the river and waterways on her site. Now they have a body found in that river, but looking at Sandra's map, body was found above(to the left of the dam on the map) and not far at all from where Sandra said..also talks about the blue barrel. Very interesting ..esp. since her info has documented on her website long before now. I realize this body may not be Stacey at all..Check out Sandra at heliumraven.com Kathleen

I thought I just heard on JVM that (it was just released) the barrel is not related ? Anyone else hear this ?

I heard it also! JVM said in an update that LE said that the blue container wasn't the same as described by TM!
Savannahanna

Another interesting thing I read today....Judge Carla Policandriotes (same woman judge who is now on this case) was the judge who dismissed the Order of Protection in the Kathleen Savio case back on 3/22/02. This was during the time Drew and Kathleen were going through divorce proceedings.

What I'm picturing is Brodsky thinking that since she dismissed it, that she would be on Drew's side again, so he withdraws his motion to dismiss her.

Funny thing is Kathleen herself is the one who asked that the order be dismissed so Drew wouldn't lose his insurance or something like that and she needed that for her kids.

Wonder if Brodsky knew that? I think not. And that's just because I like thinking he's stoopid that way :)

And this is slightly OT, but Abood bugs me. He talks in a monotone and like his tongue is stuck to the roof of his mouth. It's annoying. As I sit here and wait for information, I totally start picking on someone LOL.

Last night a poster went to Lisa and Stacey's websites to find height/weight. She said Lisa was 5'2", 120 pounds; Stacey was 5'2", 100 pounds.

I don't buy the blue barrel connection. How could a dead body make the container warm? Perhaps chemicals were used that created some sort of heat reaction. More likely the story is false or the barrel a red herring. How could DP have someone help him move the barrel, (if that is what happened) and not think that person might tell someone. Did he plan to have that person "go missing" also? All of this is so bizarre. It doesn't surprise me that the blue container isn't a match... but we still don't know who this person is/was. So very sad.

That has always bothered me. And even more so after the confirmation of the storage unit. Drew came back from that trip pretty cocky and upbeat and that's when he started with his games with the press and LE. I always felt that he came back with that attitude because he KNEW Stacey was now gone for good and no one was ever going to find her.

Suzy..........this has always bothered me......those three days of "head clearing." I'm surprised that LE didn't assign someone to follow DP. If they had, this case might have been solved long ago.

Another thing that really bothers me is that when DP came back from that trip, he was wearing a bandana over his face. There's never been any explanation for it.

Suzy..........this has always bothered me......those three days of "head clearing." I'm surprised that LE didn't assign someone to follow DP. If they had, this case might have been solved long ago.

Another thing that really bothers me is that when DP came back from that trip, he was wearing a bandana over his face. There's never been any explanation for it.

I remember he had the bandana on when he left also. Those 3 days have always bothered me.

I always felt that way too. And I always felt that DP had something over on Steve C and Mike as well.

Steve C was blatant as an apologist for DP. According to him, DP was wonderful and could do no wrong. :rolleyes:

'They are also trying to determine whether the head was severed before or after death, O'Neil said. Police are also searching for the body's head and other body parts.'

(Bolded by me)

So... is it safe to assume this could possibly be the cause of death? I do realize this came from a news source. I wish they wouldn't state things like this if it isn't exactly true. Just makes your mind wonder. That same article states police are also searching for the body's head and other body parts. I am stumped as to how they are comparing dental records.

If he broke her neck and the body decomposed wouldn't the head separate from the body?

It's Stacy. Drew Peterson and a friend loaded a large blue barrel into Drew's SUV the day Stacy was reported missing. The next day the friend attempted suicide. How many bodies in BLUE barrels could there be?

But the remains were not found IN the barrel... news said it was just less than a mile from where the remains were found. So it may not even be connected. We can hope, of course. I would love nothing more than for one of these women's families to have some closure.

Im embarrassed to be from Illinois.

Born in Chicago

raised in Oswego and Yorkville

Plainfield was in our Little Seven Conference

Ive heard that area is really really changed...

Ya cant go home again...nor do I want to anymore

Nice rep that whole state has lately :eek:

Every single state has the same issues, political, crime and one of the fastest growing crimes right now it seems is murder by a significant other.

It's like that in every state in the Union right now. There's is also a bigger influx of these types of crimes when there is already cases that are unsolved in the same area, because the guys are so narcissistic, they feel they are above the law and will not get caught because the other guy didn't and there's such a concentration on another case.

These crimes are committed by sociopaths that have time, planning, premeditation and sociopaths get away with it longer. These guys know it too. Take that information, mix it with any political issue going on in that state, take the economy and how much it takes to prosecute a case, and you are in for a lot of frustration.

Because these guys don't get caught as quickly because of the type of crime it is, it does tend to feed the other sociopaths that believe they can "get away with it."

I liken that with Raven Abaroa - and then Jason Young, and the list goes on.

It's in all states.

Is anyone else totally incensed by this defense attorney on JVM? I'm so sick of these smug, condescending, shady defense attorneys! Oh, please! "I'm confident my client is not connected to this the death of Stacey. Nothing that's been released is evidence. Her supposed statements to others about Drew killing her are hearsay and will not be admitted into evidence."
Really, you moron? So what? Just because something is not admitted into evidence does not mean it didn't happen and the inadmissibility of evidence does not show your client is innocent! Whether or not this evidence is admissible or not matters little as to the ultimate truth of who did this! ACK! He drives me batty! His nasally weird voice as he tries to school other panel members, including other attorneys! Don't these guys know how bad this makes them look? Don't they know it just makes them look like they have no other way to show their client is innocent? Like I've said many times before, people tend to pick attorneys who most approximate their own ethical and moral standards and who most match in personality. Go figure!

Yeah, he makes me mad too. But..... if it's not admitted into evidence, the jury cannot consider it. Sad but true.

I don't buy the blue barrel connection. How could a dead body make the container warm? Perhaps chemicals were used that created some sort of heat reaction. More likely the story is false or the barrel a red herring. How could DP have someone help him move the barrel, (if that is what happened) and not think that person might tell someone. Did he plan to have that person "go missing" also? All of this is so bizarre. It doesn't surprise me that the blue container isn't a match... but we still don't know who this person is/was. So very sad.

It might be warm if there was a live body in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme