GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where could she be?

I am starting to worry about the grain bins - I posted yesterday about a guy I grew up with who drowned in corn while at work. I can't see her climbing into one, but kids do weird and unexpected things...

Hey it's possibly just a very airheaded thing but it shouldn't be completely discounted. Nothing should be completely discounted when looking for a missing 7 year old.

And not always in a good way. jmo

Very true. Unfortunately we're at a point in this case where we're running out of things to discuss without new information so the thread turns into a parenting discussion or people start seeing things that aren't there.

Very true. Unfortunately we're at a point in this case where we're running out of things to discuss without new information so the thread turns into a parenting discussion or people start seeing things that aren't there.

I agree and I would really hate to see this thread get shut down. At this point there are no POI. I hope we hear something from LE soon!

I'll spell it out. I have a theory that it would take someone close to the family to get her to voluntarily leave her house without telling her mother or uncle. Who better to do that than someone who she spent a great deal of time with in the past. Add to that that the picture of her looks very recent and it matches her describtion of what she looked like while missing. The person may be incredibly stupid or think it's a way of "hiding in plain site". Who are normal suspects in these type of cases, where a kid may voluntarily leave on there own, family members and ex's. Is it crazy to think that a family friend couldn't have said hey lets go have an adventure and left with her?

No it's not crazy to think that, and I tend to believe the theory that someone familiar to her lured her away from the house (based on the grandfathers statement tonight) however, I don't think this picture was taken yesterday, and then posted ''accidentally" today. I think it was taken a while ago and uploaded today because it gives people a more accurate description of what she looked like when last seen. Just for the record, I wear glasses too but as soon as I walk in the door off they come! They annoy me, so do shoes :)jmo

:praying: Prayers ......................

It is very, very hot outside. It's highly unlikely Willow would be wearing a long sleeve shirt and jeans now. It was much cooler earlier in the summer, almost fall-like for several days in a row. I can't remember how long ago that was-- sometime in July maybe? If that's a recent picture, it may have been taken then. It was still a little warm for long sleeves, but it'a much more believable to me that she would have worn them then.

I"m turning in for the night, hope there is some good news when I'm up in 5 hours.

The latest report was that the 2 kids, Mom, Uncle and Grandparents lived in the house and that the Mom and Uncle were home and being questioned. The Dog information I read somewhere but I'm not sure where. Have to assume at this point without the Dogs hot on her trail they wouldn't have got a scent or they would have more of an idea of when the scent died and if that is an area where a car could pick her up or if it means she got drapped in a mine or something. The first fact is the most recent article on page 24 I think.

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/09/7-year-old-girl-missing-from-effingham-county-in-illinois/

The mother and uncle were home when she went missing. Both are being held for questioning. This doesn't sound good :( I hope it's just routine questioning!

"Police say there is no evidence at this point of any foul play in the girl’s disappearance."

Italics and BBM: I wonder if that is reporter interpretation or something that was actually said by LE. It is certainly different from the first LE statement that foul play was not suspected.

So the mother was sleeping for a bit and when she woke up, she asked the 3yr old where Willow was and he pointed to the door. So where was the uncle and what was he doing that morning?

We don't know. Sleeping, maybe?

In my admittedly limited experience with children, I think a child would actually be suspicious of an adult who hadn't been around for a year or so then suddenly turns up at the door one day and wants to take the child somewhere alone. Children are pretty intuitive about adult relationships. I think most would check with their parents first. It's more likely a child would leave with an adult who visits often, imo.

And it is just pure speculation that these people are estranged from Willow's Mum right?

BBM. Correct, it is indeed speculation. We simply do not know the dynamics of many relationships at this point. We really do not have much information at all.

My thoughts are we are going to see a situation like Audriana (sp?). She probably went outside to play by herself and was lured by someone she knew (small town and all), and everyone will be shocked when they hear the outcome, as they never expected this person to do something like this.

I grew up in a small town in Vermont. After I moved away, a couple of little girls went missing, and then were discovered. It turns out the killer was a local. I recognized the name as someone who went to school with me. Different years but around the same time. I was shocked.

I'm hoping this isn't the case, but at this point, it isn't looking good. Prayers of hope for her and her family.

I'm not a mod but just a couple of reminders since we have new people...

We are NOT allowed to sleuth the Mom or other family.
We cannot post profiles and social media we find on the Mom or Dad or anyone else.
We cannot post the links to random facebook profiles.

We can post the links to MEDIA facebook pages.
We can post the link to the social media of a victim/missing person or a NAMED suspect.
In this case we have NO suspects. That means we cannot be sleuthing anyone here.

Right now the only facebooks I know of that we can post (aside from media) are:

Missing Willow Long - Page

https://www.facebook.com/missingwillow.long/photos

Missing Willow Long - Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1410843499133551/

And the Mom's facebook has been allowed up until now, only because it has multiple pictures of Willow.
That was allowed on the condition that we DID NOT sleuth Mom or dig through her facebook.

I suspect there is going to be a lot of work for the mods in the morning.
Let's try to get back on track so that they don't have to close the thread, please? :please:

Willow's case in now national. CNN picked up the story...According to CNN and LE, "Police don't suspect foul play in the disappearance of 7-year-old Willow Long from a rural Illinois home over the weekend. But they're wondering if the movie she'd been watching at the time may have something to do with it: Disney's "The Princess and the Frog."

"We were thinking maybe she wanted to go on this adventure," said J.R. Nieman of the Watson fire department. "So we have checked bodies of water."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/10/us/illinois-girl-missing/?hpt=hp_t2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member