GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my admittedly limited experience with children, I think a child would actually be suspicious of an adult who hadn't been around for a year or so then suddenly turns up at the door one day and wants to take the child somewhere alone. Children are pretty intuitive about adult relationships. I think most would check with their parents first. It's more likely a child would leave with an adult who visits often, imo.

And it is just pure speculation that these people are estranged from Willow's Mum right?

Jumping off your post here, I would also think that Willow would hesitate leaving her 3 yr old brother unattended. If someone she knew came to the door and suggested they go out for ice cream etc I would think she would run and get dressed, and then go to moms room and tell her 'John Doe is here and going to take me for ice cream'. At least I would hope that's what would happen. However if someone came into the home (or was already in the home) and harmed her...well that's a different story. At this point we don't know where in the home her night shirt was found, nor do we know if she was wearing anything when she left (or was taken from) the home :(

Folks please cut out the snarkiness & telling other members what they should or shouldn't do. That is of no help at all in Willow's case.

I can't get over the absurdity of them thinking "The Princess and the Frog" was to blame for this. :facepalm:
That is definitely a new one.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/10/us/illinois-girl-missing/?hpt=hp_t2

Also, that day the Disney channel had multiple movies playing all day long.
Toy Story, Princess and the Frog, Cinderella, etc.
They air at different times in different time zones, but they were on all day long.

Willow's case in now national. CNN picked up the story...According to CNN and LE, "Police don't suspect foul play in the disappearance of 7-year-old Willow Long from a rural Illinois home over the weekend. But they're wondering if the movie she'd been watching at the time may have something to do with it: Disney's "The Princess and the Frog."

"We were thinking maybe she wanted to go on this adventure," said J.R. Nieman of the Watson fire department. "So we have checked bodies of water."

I don't want to quote myself..but...this is very interesting....

The heat has also caused complications with the thermal imaging technology that officials are using.

"We've had several planes and helicopters trying to find Willow," Effingham County Sheriff John Monnet said Monday.
"But the fields are so hot that it's become harder to pinpoint the glow of body heat."

www.cnn.com/2013/09/10/us/illinois-girl-missing/?hpt=hp_t2

Is it possible that the national media wants an angle to report on the case on, so they are using a Disney movie for that? Sort of like, a reason as to "why" the case should be a national story?

Is it possible that the national media wants an angle to report on the case on, so they are using a Disney movie for that?

True. I am not sure if this is L.E. or a volunteer reporting this, "We were thinking maybe she wanted to go on this adventure," said J.R. Nieman of the Watson fire department. "So we have checked bodies of water."

I have definitely seen stranger attempts at correlations to things such as heavy metal and video games...LOL.

Willow's case in now national. CNN picked up the story...According to CNN and LE, "Police don't suspect foul play in the disappearance of 7-year-old Willow Long from a rural Illinois home over the weekend. But they're wondering if the movie she'd been watching at the time may have something to do with it: Disney's "The Princess and the Frog."

"We were thinking maybe she wanted to go on this adventure," said J.R. Nieman of the Watson fire department. "So we have checked bodies of water."

Oh great! Now I need to watch The Princess and The Frog to see how they came up with that theory. It's gonna be a long night. Anyone have popcorn? I haven't watched TV or a movie in many many years :lol:

Oh great! Now I need to watch The Princess and The Frog to see how they came up with that theory. It's gonna be a long night. Anyone have popcorn? I haven't watched TV or a movie in many many years :lol:

:floorlaugh:

They apparently think she went to find a frog.
So they searched areas where frogs might be.
The movie just isn't that complex! :seeya:

Good thing she wasn't watching Aladdin. :facepalm:

I actually had DVR'd it and just finished watching it like 30 minutes ago, just a coincidence!

I mean, I can kind of see a child wanting to go catch frogs after watching it...but, it still is kind of a stretch.

Well it's not on Netflix or Hulu so guess it won't be a long night after all. The Princess and the Goblin is though :lol:
Now I'm feeling kind of out of the loop! No TV here so I guess I'll just be in the dark on that clue. Grr!

Quick review: Girl kisses frog prince, turns into frog herself as well. They go through the swamp to find a witch of some sort to help them to then them back into people. Frogs fall in love and get married which makes her a princess since he's a prince, when they kiss at the wedding they turn back into people yadda yadda happily ever after.

Now my four year olds get the concept of cartoons are pretend and not real. I'm positive a SEVEN year old would understand that very very well. Now that's not to say it's impossible at all. Kids, teenagers, and even grown people try to do stuff they see on TV and sometimes it goes wrong.... With that particular movie though I don't see what adventure she would of been trying to go on. Going through a swamp to find a witch thingy?

True. I am not sure if this is L.E. or a volunteer reporting this, "We were thinking maybe she wanted to go on this adventure," said J.R. Nieman of the Watson fire department. "So we have checked bodies of water."

I have definitely seen stranger attempts at correlations to things such as heavy metal and video games...LOL.

For all we know, Nieman's statement about Willow wanting to go on an adventure has nothing to do with the movie. Perhaps CNN just heard that a little girl left her house after watching a Disney movie and decided that saying she went on an adventure because of it would be a great national angle.

They apparently think she went to find a frog.
So they searched areas where frogs might be.
The movie just isn't that complex! :seeya:

Good thing she wasn't watching Aladdin. :facepalm:

In the movie kissing the frog turned her into a frog... So I'm not sure I see the appeal, but maybe it's lack of a kids imagination.

Between the heat and the deer in those fields, I think it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. A lot of people hunt for deer in that part of Illinois. It's popular because there is a large deer population. Another issue is that a person might not be giving up the usual 98.6 degrees...

What a complicated story line for young minds! Wow!

Yeah when mine first saw it she was a bit younger and didn't get the wanting to be a chef thing. She understood the main storyline with the frogs and such though. She did comment on how Tiana(The princess) was always really hungry several times.

With the trail cams/hunting cams/whatever people feel like calling them don't they only save for like two days? The ones that have a motion detector and takes a pic when it senses movement. I know some of them save the pics to a card, but how long do they stay? Or do different set ups do it differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste