GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though from the first posting I feared this ending, I sure hated waking up this morning to pages of posts... I knew it could only mean she was found... was praying alive, but too late for that. Damn. Just too many innocent babies gone! IT ISN'T RIGHT!!! Sure makes me wonder what the aunt knew that said FBI was involved, which proved to be true, and that two people were arrested, which IMO is going to prove to be true. Makes me sick!!!!

UGH UGH UGH!!!

I feel the same way this morning. I feel like someone punched me the stomach. I only hope that LE has or will soon have the people responsible in custody (assuming Willow met with foul play which I believe she did). I don't want this to be another case like Lyric and Elizabeth in IA where it has been more than a year and LE still doesn't seem to have a suspect, much less anyone in custody.

yes, I too have a feeling those "rumors" will end up being true. how sad.

Is this a sign of something? What would be the significance of the State Police taking over?

FOX2now ‏@FOX2now 1h
#ISP - Illinois State Police taking over the body found investigation in Watson, IL http://go.fox2now.com/1awIlba #FindWillow

(edit to add, I see Nursebeeme just posted the same Tweet.)

Could be as simple as that's the state's protocol.

As far as I can tell (Twitter search for news articles) the uncle remains in custody. There is a Vine link to his picture on Twitter.

I said early yesterday afternoon that this case reminded me of Macala Shelton. So incredibly sad!

Wondering how long this child has been 'missing'. Were the grandparents due to arrive back soon from their truck driving job? Was she reported missed because 'someone' knew they were coming back?

Not sure how far from home she was found, but if it was within the grid already searched, I suspect she was moved.

An Uncle was home at the time she went missing? I must have missed that over the past day or two. Hmnmmmmmmmmm. I'm starting to think she didn't wander off on her own. Time will tell.

http://shelbycountynews.net/search-...ay-evening-after-temporary-delay-p24744-1.htm

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
DeRyke, along with Willow, Willow’s half-brother, N, 3, and DeRyke’s brother, Justin, live in a single-story residence with DeRyke’s parents in the southwest section of Watson.

DeRyke has been “good” in dealing with her missing daughter doing the last two days, according to Everett.

“He just said ‘Willow’ over and over and pointed out the door. He was really upset and crying a lot. I had originally thought maybe she had taken a toy away from him or something or changed the (TV) channel.

Much, much more at the link-- including loads of photos of mom, CR.

Wondering how long this child has been 'missing'. Were the grandparents due to arrive back soon from their truck driving job? Was she reported missed because 'someone' knew they were coming back?

The article I saw last night said that the grandparents returned from their jobs around 6:30 pm Monday night. I don't know if they were due at that time or if they were allowed to return early for an emergency. The grandfather was quoted as saying he was on the road to PA on Sunday when he got the call that Willow was gone.

"CNN) -- Police don't suspect foul play in the disappearance of 7-year-old Willow Long from a rural Illinois home over the weekend. But they're wondering if the movie she'd been watching at the time may have something to do with it: Disney's "The Princess and the Frog."
"We were thinking maybe she wanted to go on this adventure," said J.R. Nieman of the Watson fire department. "So we have checked bodies of water."

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/10/us/illinois-girl-missing/

Okay, still catching up. Can I interrupt here and just state the media really irks me sometimes? CNN reports the police don't suspect foul play, but quotes a Fire department employee. (smacks myself in the head)

CR's boyfriend TE's (although he goes by TK on facebook) mom is the SHE below.

She described Willow as smart, and very friendly, “and a talker, who has never met a stranger. She is one of these kids who, if she saw you walking, she would go up and say ‘Hey, what’s your name… what are you doing… what’s going on.’ Just wants to know everything. I don’t think she knows her boundaries. But of course she is only seven.”

“She is very outgoing. I don’t think she would be afraid to get in the car with anybody.”

http://shelbycountynews.net/search-...ay-evening-after-temporary-delay-p24744-1.htm

This is so upsetting to hear another child found deceased. :please:

Now their Grandfather has to tell his 3yo grandson Willow is in heaven. :please:

I am just so mad right now. Is it ever going to stop?

Yes I agree, if you report your child missing, your house is searched, dna taken and LDT done.

Willow's fb page is gone...kaput...vanished...blah. :(

OK trying to catch up so is this a drowning? Accidental death no perp?

HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Single story dwelling???? Then how did she come DOWN after a nap and find WIllow missing???

speaking for me, personally...because SOMEONE has to be there to help these innocent babies...to be there for the loving family members, and to know that even those who have been tossed out like garbage (other cases, not this one), some people DO care and love the innocent children, even though their life may have been so very hard and short.

That's it for me too. Just so that these children and the people that loved them know that there are others out there that care. That their loved one was more than just the victim, that we learned about their lives and will never forget them. They matter.
It's so very hard coming in time and time again to read another horrible crime or accident has taken place, but I feel like I'm acknowledging them as a person and letting them know to someone they matter.

I hope it's ok to put this here, but have a look at Bryeon Hunters thread in located. Schmae is the perfect example of why we stick around. IMO.

Could be as simple as that's the state's protocol.

Or the lack of qualified LE expertise in that area - it's a small county & shares its resources with a few other counties (Clay, Fayette)

And that a body was found (foul play?)

speaking for me, personally...because SOMEONE has to be there to help these innocent babies...to be there for the loving family members, and to know that even those who have been tossed out like garbage (other cases, not this one), some people DO care and love the innocent children, even though their life may have been so very hard and short.

Thanks button was not enough. So very well said!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member