GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No foul play suspected with regard to her family is what I'm getting from the anchorperson's statement. That doesn't mean no foul play is suspected by another person. A child is missing. Nobody knows where she is...every scenario should be open to suspect until she is found safe.

I think there is a specific reason he's not talking. What that reason is...nobody knows but him.

I do have a sister 4 years older than I am (same age range as them) and it's plausible that Willow may have said "Don't tell Mommy or I'll...[break your toy, smack ya, pinch ya, bite ya, etc]" when she left. Or...she may have said she'd bring him back a special treat if he didn't tattle on her. Things like that happen all the time between siblings.

Or...he's just not talking because he was threatened by someone else.

I think the little brother knows all and I think there is a very specific reason he's not talking. He's not that young. Three year olds can and do speak in complete sentences. Sheriff Monnet says "the little boy/brother doesn't talk much". They need to be wondering why.

It can be hard to get little ones to open up around strangers and they have to be careful they don't 'put words in his mouth'

I am not sure if it is true, but I read that today is Willow's birthday.

554557_10201361076402051_1176940118_n.jpg

More photos of search at link

https://twitter.com/TheScottEaly/media/grid

LE has stated that they feel there was no foul play. I think that means (at this time) they feel that here family is completely innocent. To me, that says a lot.

Now, whether or not Willow met with foul play after she walked away is another story entirely.

Again, I hoping and praying that she will be found today- just lost and cold and hungry.

I am not sure if it is true, but I read that today is Willow's birthday.

Surely MSM would have stated that??. I see on Willows missing FB page that some could be getting confused with date that the page was started (Born)

I wonder how bad her vision is without her glasses?

IMO...She does not rely on her glasses as we might be thinking. There are plenty of FB pictures of WL without glasses. I assume the "without glasses" comment is because the main picture that is circulating shows WL with her glasses on.

A 7-year-old child with no disability leaves their home...How realistic is it that the child would go running into the wilderness surrounding their town, and get lost for at least 24 hours?

That is quite a visual. 1 or 2 rows missed could make the difference of finding this little girl. Praying she is home today, safe and sound.

But if they're that close to her...wouldn't she call back when she hears them calling her name?

Being seven, she should have more resources than some of the toddlers we have seen go missing in this way, i.e ask for help, respond to her name, etc...in some of her photos, at least, she appears very outgoing and confident. Also should be able to find her way home, IMO.

8AM UPDATE: Effingham County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Paul Kuhns says there is still no evidence of foul play. Searchers have now covered an 8-square mile radius from Long's home, and found nothing. Authorities are also going door to door in areas that were previously searched. Kuhns encoraged those in rural area to check their outbuildings. Kuhns said, "if anything is found out of place, a toy that might be in a different spot than they remember it being, please phone the Sheriff's office at 217-342-2101". When asked about the length of the search, Kuhns aknowledged, "time is not our friend".

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-lo...authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

Day 2 and mom's facebook still does not have any well-wishers or worriers posting.
Makes me want to post on her page-- Praying for Willow's safe return!

Some people live by facebook, and post everything they're doing, and some people don't.

I think the town's real life reaction - emergency services and 400 volunteers - is much more telling than people not sitting still at their computers and typing their sympathy - they're getting out there on foot looking for this dear girl.

My best guess is they'll find her alive today. She looks like a spitfire.

IMO...She does not rely on her glasses as we might be thinking. There are plenty of FB pictures of WL without glasses. I assume the "without glasses" comment is because the main picture that is circulating shows WL with her glasses on.

Her glasses do not appear to be for shortsightedness/nearsightedness/myopia. They magnify her eyes which means they are for seeing things close to her, like reading a book, etc. She can probably get along fine for most things without them.

I have six kids and I find the 7yo running-away-after-an-argument story hinky as well. I've had 3yo's run away, and I've had 13yo's walk out the door and down the driveway, but it's really unlikely that a 7yo has taken off "after an argument." The only scenario I see her leaving out of the house is if someone's come to the door and requested something of her, and with mom in bed sick, she's in charge and feeling like a big girl who can handle the request, and either steps outside or is grabbed at the door. 7yo's just generally don't have that oppositional behaviour that is a prerequisite for running away after an argument, and I agree that she would "pack" first if she intended to leave. Kids this age are still halfway in a fantasy world. This is the biggest red flag to me, MOO JMO etc.

No foul play suspected with regard to her family is what I'm getting from the anchorperson's statement. That doesn't mean no foul play is suspected by another person. A child is missing. Nobody knows where she is...every scenario should be open to suspect until she is found safe.

I think there is a specific reason he's not talking. What that reason is...nobody knows but him.

I do have a sister 4 years older than I am (same age range as them) and it's plausible that Willow may have said "Don't tell Mommy or I'll...[break your toy, smack ya, pinch ya, bite ya, etc]" when she left. Or...she may have said she'd bring him back a special treat if he didn't tattle on her. Things like that happen all the time between siblings.

Or...he's just not talking because he was threatened by someone else.

Kids are different I suppose but when mine were that age and a couple of years older they just couldn't keep a secret, ever. If ever someone told them that there was something they couldn't talk about it was the surest way of getting them to blurt it out. Or they'd say something about not being allowed to say. The five years old was with me when I bought a birthday present for his brother just the other week and he was very clever and realized for himself that he shouldn't say anything about the present to his brother so that it would be a surprise. And when we got home it took about twenty seconds for him to tell his brother that we had bought him a present and he wasn't supposed to say that it was a dvd.

Kids are different I suppose but when mine were that age and a couple of years older they just couldn't keep a secret, ever. If ever someone told them that there was something they couldn't talk about it was the surest way of getting them to blurt it out. Or they'd say something about not being allowed to say. The five years old was with me when I bought a birthday present for his brother just the other week and he was very clever and realized for himself that he shouldn't say anything about the present to his brother so that it would be a surprise. And when we got home it took about twenty seconds for him to tell his brother that we had bought him a present and he wasn't supposed to say that it was a dvd.

I really think that the statement that the small boy is not talking, is because he literally is not talking yet. None of my boys said anything that made sense until they were 3yo. Words, yes -- but not sentences or ideas or directions or anything like that. They all talk plenty now :)

2am and sleep is calling

Praying you are back with your family Willow when I wake up :heart:

I agree - unless he is developmentally delayed, her 3 year old brother should be much more help than just to point at a door. Unless, of course, he's just guessing the usual way she left the house and he has no idea where she went because she crept out quietly and he didn't notice.

I hope they have checked cars. Remember that case where the little boy got in the trunk of the car? (they did not check the cars until it was too late). I realize it is not very hot out right now but I hope they have checked all the cars, etc.

I don't see her going to far without shoes?

(iirc she did not have shoes on?)

also wonder what time their mail is delivered? Could she have walked out to check the mail and someone picked her up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop