GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shirt might be related or maybe not. I personally think mom saw her in it last and she changed while mom was asleep. Willow is a petite child and from my experience with my kids her clothes would be super tiny, too. Even doing a load of little kid laundry is a nightmare because a full load is like 1,000 pieces of tiny clothes...LOL. Then the folding...UGH. A shirt that size could easily get lost in bedding, a couch, etc. The reality is for many parents, myself included, is kids have a lot of clothes, they frequently change during the day, they leave clothing in random places, and it is really hard to keep organized and on top of laundry, etc. I can't judge the mom or others on that stuff.

I would agree with you wholeheartedly except for the fact that the shirt she was wearing was an oversized shirt, appearing more the size of a nightgown, and was too large for her.

Speculation: My best guess is that it was her mom's shirt that was probably given to her by her mother after mom decided she wasn't going to be wearing it anymore...happens all the time between mothers and daughters.

I don't question the mother at all for the time it took to find that the shirt was in the house all this time. What I do question is LE...that should have been something found very soon after her disappearance if they truly searched her home the way Sheriff Monnet said they did.

....we don't know she changed her clothes to leave the house.

I OFTEN spilled Kool-Aid, juice, oatmeal, etc...down my front when I was sitting in front of the TV watching cartoons as Willow was. LE hasn't stated if there was anything on the shirt or not. Maybe she spilled brekky on the shirt so she changed shirts.

Maybe they'll find nothing because she spilled WATER on the shirt and changed; water would be dry by now. Either way it doesn't indicate that she purposely changed to leave the house on her own.

I'm not saying she didn't...I'm just saying there's a cornucopia of possibilities in any situation.

If she took her shirt off, she could also have shoes. Mom is probably distraught beyond belief and cannot think. Hopefully, it will come to her if shoes are missing or what clothes are gone.

If she is used to going barefoot, kids can walk over anything. I know I did as a kid. No problem.

It is strange she was not wearing glasses. Did she wear them all of the time? She would remove them to change clothes. Did she forget to put them on?

Some kids hate wearing glasses, but if she has worn them for awhile, she must be dependent on them.

As a little way of remembering how many words a kid should be saying, I remember it by the months of their age. A three year old should be saying about 3.6 words in a sentence.

You take a language sample of several sentences and divide . Say you have ten sentences. You divide the sentences by 10 and the sentence length should be 3.6 words.

Any less would indicate a trip for assessment. Some kids have intermittent hearing loss because of ear nfections that goes totally unnoticed. We do not know, but it is possible the brother does not have a lot of speech. 3.6 words is not a lot." She went out the door ," is longer than 3.6.

7 is not that young for a small town area to get lost in. It seems like she should be found!

I agree. I raised 5 kids (2 of which were girls) and they can change clothes in the kitchen, living room, hallway, etc.

I know nothing about the family, but if it's a "messy" house, the nightgown/shirt could have been anywhere and lost in the jumble.

Or maybe they found it in the washing machine. I know that's the last place I would look for a piece of my kids' clothing unless I put it in there myself.

jmo

So Willow gets into an argument with her mother, and then takes the time to change her clothes before leaving the house? Although Willow might have been motivated by the argument, it doesn't seem like she left the house in a fit of anger. The fact that she changed her clothes first says that she was thinking somewhat rationally (for a 7-year-old) and maybe had a plan about where she was going? IDK If I am making sense...Basically saying that a 7-year-old who leaves the house during an argument might have no idea where they are going, just running to get away, while a 7-year-old who changes their clothes probably has some sort of plan in mind.

I'm not sure the argument was a big deal. It might have just been snapping at each other "brush your teeth and hair" "no I'll do it later" "do it now" "later". It just still seems to me she may have gotten bored before 10:15 and gone out to play.

One thing that's curious to me - and I'm just searching for facts and remembering Danielle Van Dam - does the mother's morning headache have anything to do with something that occurred the night before, and caused Willow to be vulnerable to an acquaintance/stranger?

I didn't know what you were thinking so I wasn't sure whether you were thinking something that would violate TOS to post about. There's nothing wrong, imo anyway, about thinking something that's not okay to openly discuss here. Happens all the time. I wasn't intending to imply anything negative at all.

No problem! Sometimes I get carried away in my thoughts and don't explain things well. :blushing:

At this point I'm just spit balling and trying to get a feel for what happened to Willow.

So Willow gets into an argument with her mother, and then takes the time to change her clothes before leaving the house? Although Willow might have been motivated by the argument, it doesn't seem like she left the house in a fit of anger. The fact that she changed her clothes first says that she was thinking somewhat rationally (for a 7-year-old) and maybe had a plan about where she was going? IDK If I am making sense...Basically saying that a 7-year-old who leaves the house during an argument might have no idea where they are going, just running to get away, while a 7-year-old who changes their clothes probably has some sort of plan in mind. Is there any possibility that she packed a bag?

It's possible that she didn't leave the house angry. Maybe she just got dressed and decided to go outside or to a friend's house and was abducted or somehow met foul play.

I wonder if they've searched the roads around the house for signs of somebody hitting a deer or something. She could have innocently, but tragically, been hit by a car and the driver panicked and did something with her.

So many possibilities! Praying hard for Willow.

I suspected that the clothing description was inaccurate. My daughter has tons of clothes. And I would never be able to determine if a certain outfit were missing. We need to know about activities that Willow was involved in. Was she in dance, Girl Scouts, cheerleading or soccer? They need to make a list of every person she was around in the recent past.

If she took her shirt off, she could also have shoes. Mom is probably distraught beyond belief and cannot think. Hopefully, it will come to her if shoes are missing or what clothes are gone.

If she is used to going barefoot, kids can walk over anything. I know I did as a kid. No problem.

It is strange she was not wearing glasses. Did she wear them all of the time? She would remove them to change clothes. Did she forget to put them on?

Some kids hate wearing glasses, but if she has worn them for awhile, she must be dependent on them.

As a little way of remembering how many words a kid should be saying, I remember it by the months of their age. A three year old should be saying about 3.6 words in a sentence.

You take a language sample of several sentences and divide . Say you have ten sentences. You divide the sentences by 10 and the sentence length should be 3.6 words.

Any less would indicate a trip for assessment. Some kids have intermittent hearing loss because of ear nfections that goes totally unnoticed. We do not know, but it is possible the brother does not have a lot of speech. 3.6 words is not a lot." She went out the door ," is longer than 3.6.

7 is not that young for a small town area to get lost in. It seems like she should be found!

We also don't know (or at least I don't) if the brother is just three or nearly four. Could make a big difference in terms of expression. jmo

Or maybe they found it in the washing machine. I know that's the last place I would look for a piece of my kids' clothing unless I put it in there myself.

jmo

Yes, my kids putting clothes in the washing machine is highly suspicious...
:floorlaugh:

I'm also thinking of little Dannarriah Finley case, near Galveston, where a girl went missing over night and it took them ALL the next day to determine if she was legitimately taken by a friend or relative for a day of fun - so many comings and goings with people who had legitimate access to her while the grandparents slept the morning away.

Could that be the case? There were a lot of people who feasibly could have come by and who had a key/ or other access?

Going back to my MickeyD theory, sorry.

There's another redhead missing right now (but she is 15 yrs of age and it is dyed red, not natural). Went missing at the tail end of August. Ronald McDonald gave a presentation in an elementary school in the town she is missing from...but not at her school (she attends high school). Another, a male...missing, age 11...strawberry hair. Ronald McDonald gave a presentation in his hometown as well. I don't know if it was in his school or not, because his listing does not say which school he attended. Now Willow is missing, has red hair and Ronald McDonald gave a presentation at her school. I would also like to iterate that these missing kiddos are all within 3 states of each other, all had red or reddish hair at the time of their disappearance, and Ronald McDonald is a likeable fellow with kids. That and he has....red hair. Is there a specific person that wears the Ronald McDonald costume for these presentations or is it someone from whatever local MickeyDs is in the area? I might just need sleep, but that's just a lot of red heads, or red flags, or both.

(not sure if I'm allowed to be posting all the links because they give all sorts of information on other missing youth, and schedules of Ronald McDonald's "tours" in various states, etc) It isn't difficult to find, though. Google Ronald McDonald assemblies and presentations, and then compare those locations with missing kiddos with red hair - took me about 10 minutes.

I probably seem like a CUCKOO....maybe I am, I don't know. I haven't had any sleep for a while. =/

A girl on my facebook lives close to here and I got curious so I googled the case then came here to read.

I didn't see anything about a fight I read that her mother felt ill/sick and went to lie down and when she awoke she was gone.

What is fact, do we know yet?

Is there a father in the picture? Was he home?

This is heartbreaking it really is.

For me I just can't see a 7 yrs old walking out of the house without an agenda. Was this something she normally did, maybe to go see a friend/neighbor? I am sure every child is different. For me I have rules and my daughter is 10. She isn't leaving the house unless I am with her or that I know where she is.

If she did storm off as a mother I would go after my 7 yr old but again that is me.

I am sure there are a lot more factors here that are yet to be heard.

This is only 30 miles away from my parents house. I'm going to check my Facebook and see if anyone knows any details. I lived in that area for more than 25 years ugh....too close to home

and who provided the description?

Is there anything in Watson with regards to stores? If a little girl wanted to go to a corner store is there one there? Or do they have to drive to Effingham for everything? Is there a local grocer or a gas station with a small store in it?

Where would a 7yr old girl head to in a small town like that? Not that she made it, she could have been abducted along the way, but is there something there that might actually draw a child away from the house?

MOO

Grew up near there many decades ago, but my thinking is that if she left, she went somewhere to meet someone. Or maybe she wanted to get something from a store and save her mom the trouble and be the "big girl".

I don't think this will end well though.

Grew up near there many decades ago, but my thinking is that if she left, she went somewhere to meet someone. Or maybe she wanted to get something from a store and save her mom the trouble and be the "big girl".

I don't think this will end well though.

I completely agree

how close are the other houses?? could we have another ahlanna gallagher situation??
she possibly left home to go look for a little friend to play with and someone snatched her? for right now i'm not buying a 7 year old left home after a "fight' with mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop