GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JD was watching the kids Sat night when it happened. She was running around the house and tripped on a stick. Grandfather has brush and sticks outside.

Ooookaaay. What happened about mom feeding them breakfast on Sunday morning ?

So there are sticks on the property? Hmm.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

He probably told gp that. I would like to hear what LE has to say. I bet their story will be much different due to the charges. And if she died Saturday night mom flat out lied to police. So what is the real story here? Why did mom do that?

Maybe it did happen on Saturday night and was not discovered until Sunday morning. Mom goes out, brother is to watch the kids. Brother also goes out, or falls asleep. Brother takes the fall for it because kids were left alone overnight? Especially if some recreational drugs were involved (not go back to the drug thing from before, please). IDK. I still think there was an accident and have said that before. How it was handled is what is in question. Unless GPA was a guest on the boards and came up with the story from WSers...LOL. I am sure the COD will help us all understand this better.

Well this just is awful! The only upside is that she was found, the perp arrested and now the case can begin for swift justice. I've read this thread and Im pretty taken aback by a few opinions regarding looks, drug use and Satanism! Where do people get this?! As a recovering junkie (yep, I went there) who is a card carrying member of the COS - I would hate to hear what people would think of me on these boards. Hurting a child or another person is against all logic. Do people do horrific things while "high"? yes. Do people do horrific things while sober? Yes. I can assure you that not many heroin addicts have the energy or care to kill someone! Only a sick and depraved person with no empathy for human life commits murder - period - mental illness, religion and choice of substances aside.

Drugs don't make you a bad person, being a bad person makes you a bad person. Sometimes people use their addictions as an excuse - the second that becomes less believable is when people stop allowing that to be used and justified.

Thank you for this post. I despise stereotypes. While I agree his picture with the longer hair looks creepy to me, I wouldn't have jumped to the conclusion of drug addict ritual killer. People are afraid of things they don't understand. I get that. I wish there were more open-mindedness than there currently is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:rose: Willow :rose:

Once again, I have no words. Only tears.

Well, they should be able to tell whether she had eaten cereal and/or PopTarts before she died.

I live in Effingham, about 8 miles from Watson. Sunday, about noon, a bulletin went out on the local cable network about Willow. At that time my husband questioned how it was possible for a 7 year old to be unaccounted for for such a length of time. We both speculated that somebody known to her was responsible. This, sadly, seems to be the case.

Regardless of what happened to the child, the mother was not there and lied about things. I could not, under any circumstances, imagine concealing any information that would lead to my 'missing' child being found. Hundreds of people offered their physical support, monetary support, and heartfelt worry to this child and mother. Only the child was deserving. Now local groups are being organized to raise funds for the family. Why? So the mother can go out and have another child with another 'father' to become another statistic? I am sickened by this society of casual breeding which results in undervalued children.

I do feel sorry for the grandparents. They sound like hardworking people who have had a nightmare unfold in their very home. I cannot imagine their shock and grief.

Welcome gigbella :)

:welcome:

Horrible time for your community right now. Many of us here know what that's like. :(

He probably told gp that. I would like to hear what LE has to say. I bet their story will be much different due to the charges. And if she died Saturday night mom flat out lied to police. So what is the real story here? Why did mom do that?

I hope LE tells the real story soon ESP with our enquiring minds.
I can't figure out why the mom lied either.
Hopefully her whereabouts can be confirmed , at least then we'll know if her nephew actually babysat Saturday night.

Well, they should be able to tell whether she had eaten cereal and/or PopTarts before she died.

God, not the whole cereal bowl thing again!
(reference to Dylan Redwine's case for the newcomers here).

Welcome Guests.

:welcome:

I really hope the Mother did not lie.
Maybe JD just lied to his parents who happened to be out of town.

If this story about the sticks is true, then shouldn't her glasses show damage? (Sorry if I'm mistaken - I'm basing this on a post, possibly in the last thread, in which I believe someone said she wears them for pretty much everything.)

I live in Effingham, about 8 miles from Watson. Sunday, about noon, a bulletin went out on the local cable network about Willow. At that time my husband questioned how it was possible for a 7 year old to be unaccounted for for such a length of time. We both speculated that somebody known to her was responsible. This, sadly, seems to be the case.

Regardless of what happened to the child, the mother was not there and lied about things. I could not, under any circumstances, imagine concealing any information that would lead to my 'missing' child being found. Hundreds of people offered their physical support, monetary support, and heartfelt worry to this child and mother. Only the child was deserving. Now local groups are being organized to raise funds for the family. Why? So the mother can go out and have another child with another 'father' to become another statistic? I am sickened by this society of casual breeding which results in undervalued children.

I do feel sorry for the grandparents. They sound like hardworking people who have had a nightmare unfold in their very home. I cannot imagine their shock and grief.

Welcome, gigibella, to Websleuths! Thanks for local perspective - I grew up in east Clay County, so this really hit close to home.

I am just thankful it was not a random act caused by a drifter from the Interstate! RIP Willow

This kid doesn't look like the run around the house and play tag type at a time when the 3 year old was asleep too. He had all night with Willow. It is as bad as you would think.

The poor Grandfather is in shock. It's hard for people to keep track of what they are saying when in shock. They need a spokesperson now. This is simply too much for them, and we cannot rely on his words at the moment. He could easily be confusing Saturday with Sunday. There is no way to know for sure until LE releases the information.

If this story about the sticks is true, then shouldn't her glasses show damage? (Sorry if I'm mistaken - I'm basing this on a post, possibly in the last thread, in which I believe someone said she wears them for pretty much everything.)

Exactly, why would a child who couldn't see be running around without her glasses on? Makes no sense whatsoever. Good catch PJD!

RIP beautiful Willow, the world already misses you.

She was not wearing her glasses iirc...they were found in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member