GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news just said the uncle said Willow fell while playing outside and impaled her head with a stick... So he "Put her out of her misery."

Trying to get a link now. Just saw it on TV. The uncle is supposed to be on the 6pm news. I think I may be sick.

I just watched this on the 6pm news, and the grandpa did say it. He said, "He's only 22, he thought she was dead, he thought she was dead he thought she was really hurt bad, he wasn't thinking correctly. He put her out of her misery, then he got scared and he hid her body."

That is a direct quote from the Grandfather on WCIA 3. It is not on the website, but I just watched it on the news and typed it as he said it.

Big pile of steaming excrement. No way, no how. I'll eat my shoes if it turns out true, but really- it was an accident, ok, call 911. Then we get put her out of her misery- really? What is she? An animal? You scream for help and again, call 911. He's 22, not 2!

And that's all I will say. Don't want a little break. :seeya:

Mom is out the night before and has Uncle watch the kids.....then mom is sick the next day and her stories aren't adding up. Did she get up at all to see to the kids, or was it brown bottle flu from the night before? Maybe she didn't want to admit that she didn't get up with the kids because she was sleeping in. Doesn't mean she's a killer or that she's covering for her brother. *Could* just mean that she was embarrassed initially and when she thought Willow was just missing (not dead) that she fibbed a bit about feeding the kids breakfast while sleeping the night before off.

Why throw in that her and Willow had a fight?

The Dad posted a message on a FB group earlier today.

"I would like to put a post somewhere to see if ppl would be willing to contact the HLN newscasters and see if they can't get more information at least for the family. I'm not finding anything out until they release information to the public. I'm just not sure where to do so, and my family and especially me and Ciara, need answers we aren't getting. It's killing us all."

Looks like LE is still getting all their ducks in a row and aren't even speaking to the family yet. Grandpa may be doing a lot of speculating. *shrugs* Just can't even begin to imagine what the family is going through.

Heart. Shattered.

:facepalm::mad::anguish::sigh:

further charges not ruled out, whether they may be additional charges against the uncle, or possibly another person.

there are some facts that cannot be correct, and there are some that just dont seem to add up. whether this is due to misreporting, or due to lies we will have to have faith in LE to figure that out.

the accidental death scenario is very suspect just from a typical common sense viewpoint when you consider the hiding of the body and the cover up, but when you add in the fact that the times being discussed do not match up, and the "put her out of her misery" comment, then it begins to approach unbelievable unless there is some good explanation of the discrepancies.

Here's Grandpa on KTVI http://fox2now.com/2013/09/10/suspect-being-held-for-suspicion-of-murder/

I'm still watching it so I don't know what he says yet.

SBM

Thx for the link.
In the video clip, the father of Justin says that the little boy was asleep during all of this. Also, that it was a 'terrible accident' ; and nothing more.
The autopsy will help confirm or deny that, but I have doubts about what happened,jmo.

A question : since it has been made known that they are charging Justin with first degree murder , does that mean they have evidence we don't know about ? Just seems kind of extreme to charge him with that --- if they still don't know if she fell on a stick, or some other 'accident'.

Was sorry to read about this, I'd hoped for a better outcome.
Willow deserved to live as much as any of us.
Today is a terrible day for many people.
My condolences to all who loved this little girl .

RIP, Willow ... you are in Heaven's playground !!

If she fell on a stick outside, there has to be a scene outside. Was that missed when they combed the areas of the house?

Just, I dunno, maybe it was an accident, but I saw a video today of a man that was knocked to the pavement, hitting his head first, and there was a large pool of blood.

Hard for me to mentally create a scene that has no blood for the case of a head injury that the uncle is claiming. That's me though.

Yes. Head injuries really really bleed. So, where is the blood?

If this is his story, he must have driven a stick into her headfor some reason. I would think his story would try to line up with the facts?

He may be saying whatever to his parents right now to CYA. The real story may be totally different

Just watched the video. Grandpa never said that. Neither did he imply it. He said Willow was running around and fell upon the bunch of sticks/branches he keeps in the yard, and -pointed to his own throat- she fell and died.

Grandpa said Willow fell and died....so why was her body hidden?
Makes no sense at all.

No, no! I'm sorry if I came across as defensive. I probably WAS being defensive, but only because I KNEW what I heard at 5 on WCIA, and I knew that fox link I posted did NOT say the same thing. (In other words, I was second guessing MYSELF and wondering if I was hearing things).

WCIA has a different interview which they just showed again at 6pm which has the Grandpa saying what I quoted. You are correct. The interview I linked to does NOT say that. WCIA has not updated their page to include the interview I listened to (or if they have, they hadn't when I last checked), but the Grandpa really did say what I posted. That the uncle "Put her out of her misery."

Maybe he didn't mean it. He's clearly in shock... I have no idea.

This family seriously needs a spokesperson. This is way too much on so many levels for any person. He looks shocky in the first video. No sleep, dead grandchild, and arrested son. Poor man. However, this video is based on the reporter telling us what the GPA said, not an interview with the GPA. I take it with a grain of salt...the misery comment.

If he purposely killed her, it would be first degree murder. I guess COD will be vital, more so even than usual with this tale. JMO

Now I'm really confuzzled...
Saturday night? But...but...but...<self snip>

There is way more to this IMO. *tying fingers together*

And a :grouphug:

Grandpa said Willow fell and died....so why was her body hidden?
Makes no sense at all.

He probably told gp that. I would like to hear what LE has to say. I bet their story will be much different due to the charges. And if she died Saturday night mom flat out lied to police. So what is the real story here? Why did mom do that?

This family seriously needs a spokesperson. This is way too much on so many levels for any person. He looks shocky in the first video. No sleep, dead grandchild, and arrested son. Poor man. However, this video is based on the reporter telling us what the GPA said, not an interview with the GPA. I take it with a grain of salt...the misery comment.

If I am not mistaken, MsTedious HEARD Granddad say that on the live news.
I am only finding the reporter video of it now though. Hopefully they put the video of Granddad talking up on their site.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that sweet Willow was involved in a bunch of "accidents" before this one.

God love her. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

I live in Effingham, about 8 miles from Watson. Sunday, about noon, a bulletin went out on the local cable network about Willow. At that time my husband questioned how it was possible for a 7 year old to be unaccounted for for such a length of time. We both speculated that somebody known to her was responsible. This, sadly, seems to be the case.

Regardless of what happened to the child, the mother was not there and lied about things. I could not, under any circumstances, imagine concealing any information that would lead to my 'missing' child being found. Hundreds of people offered their physical support, monetary support, and heartfelt worry to this child and mother. Only the child was deserving. Now local groups are being organized to raise funds for the family. Why? So the mother can go out and have another child with another 'father' to become another statistic? I am sickened by this society of casual breeding which results in undervalued children.

I do feel sorry for the grandparents. They sound like hardworking people who have had a nightmare unfold in their very home. I cannot imagine their shock and grief.

OT: but our new and naive but sweet poster ToothlessFairy is gonna be devastated when she wakes up to the newest developments .... What a case to start on WS with :sigh:

And that one says Sunday:

His father, who is Willow's grandfather, says Willow was playing outside with her uncle Sunday when she fell on a pile of sticks. He goes on to say one stick got lodged in Willow's head, so DeRyke put her out of her misery and hid the body. But, he wouldn't say exactly how.

Someone needs to reel this guy in NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member