GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this beginning to remind me of Casey Anthony and her family?

You said it more eloquently than I.

Only after self editing! I didn't want to get booted- I'm stuck on the couch with back pain, so I've got nothing else to do other than read every single thread here. Ha! :blushing:

I just watched this on the 6pm news, and the grandpa did say it. He said, "He's only 22, he thought she was dead, he thought she was dead he thought she was really hurt bad, he wasn't thinking correctly. He put her out of her misery, then he got scared and he hid her body."

That is a direct quote from the Grandfather on WCIA 3. It is not on the website, but I just watched it on the news and typed it as he said it.

Maybe it was another interview, but on this one, he does not say anything like that:

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/10/suspect-being-held-for-suspicion-of-murder/

Not trying to pick a fight friend - he might have said it in another interview, but definitely not on the one above. :hug:

In the above newscast link Grandpa says Saturday NIGHT, uncle was watching Willow and the 3 year old was asleep. NOT what mom says happened. Grrrr.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Wow... just wow.

Sitting on hands.

Wonder if "put her out of her misery" were grandpa's words...makes me imagine he shot her.

I doubt it, unless it was at the scene where she was found. If I was asleep with kids elsewhere in the house, a gunshot would have me peeling myself off the ceiling, then running to investigate. (while NOT breathing and cursing myself for falling asleep, I would imagine...)

The Dad posted a message on a FB group earlier today.

"I would like to put a post somewhere to see if ppl would be willing to contact the HLN newscasters and see if they can't get more information at least for the family. I'm not finding anything out until they release information to the public. I'm just not sure where to do so, and my family and especially me and Ciara, need answers we aren't getting. It's killing us all."

Looks like LE is still getting all their ducks in a row and aren't even speaking to the family yet. Grandpa may be doing a lot of speculating. *shrugs* Just can't even begin to imagine what the family is going through.

The stick story sounds like he was trying to cover up something he did to her below the belt as well.
I feel sure the autopsy will prove it. Moo
Eta: I bet there is no pile of sticks on the property either.
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with you it could be an accident or a situation that spiraled out of control. Bad things happen and people sometimes make a series of even poorer decisions in succession after that. The snowball effect. We need to see what the COD (cause of death) was and go from there. But, given everything I see on social media about this guy, unless he snapped, there is nothing to indicate or foreshadow this situation would occur or he was capable of this. To make a general statement, I don't believe his haircut, clothing choices, music choices, game choices, GED, or anything predisposes him to kill a child...respectfully IMOO (in my own opinion). Hang in there, these cases are tough!

Applause for a great post. Just hitting the "thanks" button was not enough.

I just watched this on the 6pm news, and the grandpa did say it. He said, "He's only 22, he thought she was dead, he thought she was dead he thought she was really hurt bad, he wasn't thinking correctly. He put her out of her misery, then he got scared and he hid her body."

That is a direct quote from the Grandfather on WCIA 3. It is not on the website, but I just watched it on the news and typed it as he said it.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/story/willows-uncle-faces-1st-degree-murder-charges-in-her-death/d/story/2g-izRVgqkOTslOxmBWMJw
Around 1:23 mark

Only after self editing! I didn't want to get booted- I'm stuck on the couch with back pain, so I've got nothing else to do other than read every single thread here. Ha! :blushing:

I hope your back feels better soon, floridamomma! Back pain sucks!!

Well this story is not what the mother reported either so was she covering for her brother?

Or afraid the media/public would tear her apart for having a babysitter and going out. Young people, especially parents, need to have a life, yet when bad things happen we tend to blame them for being irresponsible, etc.

Maybe it was another interview, but on this one, he does not say anything like that:

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/10/suspect-being-held-for-suspicion-of-murder/

Not trying to pick a fight friend - he might have said it in another interview, but definitely not on the one above. :hug:

No, no! I'm sorry if I came across as defensive. I probably WAS being defensive, but only because I KNEW what I heard at 5 on WCIA, and I knew that fox link I posted did NOT say the same thing. (In other words, I was second guessing MYSELF and wondering if I was hearing things).

WCIA has a different interview which they just showed again at 6pm which has the Grandpa saying what I quoted. You are correct. The interview I linked to does NOT say that. WCIA has not updated their page to include the interview I listened to (or if they have, they hadn't when I last checked), but the Grandpa really did say what I posted. That the uncle "Put her out of her misery."

Maybe he didn't mean it. He's clearly in shock... I have no idea.

OT:Been there, done that, with back pain.

Story is bizarre, and the family is clinging to all they can. Who on earth would think they raised children who could do this?

So what is up with mom's story? Did she know? And they both let all of those hundreds of people search in that brutal weather, causing some to go to hospital, as well as the use of the expensive thermal equipment?? What the heck?

Mom is out the night before and has Uncle watch the kids.....then mom is sick the next day and her stories aren't adding up. Did she get up at all to see to the kids, or was it brown bottle flu from the night before? Maybe she didn't want to admit that she didn't get up with the kids because she was sleeping in. Doesn't mean she's a killer or that she's covering for her brother. *Could* just mean that she was embarrassed initially and when she thought Willow was just missing (not dead) that she fibbed a bit about feeding the kids breakfast while sleeping the night before off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member