GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The radio stream's server is hosed; the two tv channels aren't carrying it.

FROM PC: The last thing I want for us to do is remember the family in our thoughts-

New person: It is with much sadness that we are here today as to what is going on legally as you know Illinois just adopted cameras in the courtoom but we don't have them

At 1pm this afternoon Mr Deryke was charged with 3 counts of 1st degree murder of Willow Long. Providing fact sheet to media-

Further at this court hearing, bond was set at 5million dollars. Probable cause statement was the running dialogue that our office has.... essentially made copies for each and every one of you... Clarify that this is still an ongoing investigation still working tirelessly, a lot of loose ends that need to be tied up, still interviewing individuals, still collecting evidence

Events moved fast. Reported missing Sunday, body found 36 hours ago. Autopsy was completed 24 hours ago. More details to come out. Confident that they have the right person--no other POI. No one else responsible. No concern for the community.

States AG speaking...

At 1:00 this afternoon Mr Deryke was charged with 3 counts of first degree murder.

Has provided a copy of probable cause statement to media of the facts. No cameras allowed in courtroom.

Still an ongoing investigation

Lot of loose ends need to be tied up

Interviewing more individuals and collecting more evidence

A lot more details will come out

No one else who is a person of interest or is responsible for Willow's death

No concern for the community

From PC: Law enforcement believes he is responsible for Willows death, should be no concern in the community for future harm

Or she wasn't even home that night?

There are so many things left unanswered, and I am not trying to put blame on Ciara, she's sure to be hurting (I hope), but this is unacceptable.

I don't think she was....

but it begs the question was she killed at home?? this sounds like a very bloody crime.

FOX2now ‏@FOX2now 4m
Justin DeRyke to be charged with 1st degree murder for death of Willow Long. Held on $5 Million bond. Hiring own attorney #STL

Russell Kinsaul ‏@russellkinsaul 39s Court docs: Willow's mom at bar & grandparents were working (truck drivers). Justin home alone w/kids. Spent most of evening in room.

Obvious questions... But...

So what did mom know..?. And when did she know it...?

:what:

JD has presumed his innocence. State has enough information for the current charges.

Even if there is evidence of a stick, it doesn't mean she fell on it. I think that's what he used to stab her in the throat with

This websleuths site, I like it, but I feel like if I say what I'm really thinking I'm going to have a billion people jump all over me...not a good feeling.

Thank you to those of you supplying the rest of us with information.

They stated in court that she fell on a stick. Then he killed her.
That was part of what they used to prove their case, so that DID come from LE.
That leaves the question of whether she actually fell on it, or was stabbed with it.

Feels that there's enough evidence to charge him

Next court date 18th. Defendant wishes to hire his own council.

PC: The next court date is the 18th, where the defendant has indicated he wishes to hire his own counsel. Also on the 18th Our office will present this evidence to the grand jury to see if we can get an indictment

3 counts first degree murder, the 18th defendants wants to hire own attorney...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel