GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to go Sunday night but didnt, so went down Monday about 1. After about an hour we were told they were suspending till 5 due to heat. It was oppressive. At least 3 folks taken to hospital heat related. Went back about 4:15 to register. We were some of first and I know for a fact that over 900 had registered by 6:30. Had to turn them away could not handle the #;s and running out of daylight. volunteers who found her body had been turned away and stopped at area on their own.

This brings something up for me. Why only search and focus North of her home? Ultimately she was found only a few miles south. Did they not search south as thoroughly as north?

I'm going to speculate here because...I'm weird. So forgive me if this has already been stated.

I think everybody who has paid any attention at all to Willow's plight and the statements released and photos - knows there is a third crime scene. According to statements released early on (please don't ask me to dig for the link) the dogs hit North toward Main Street. However, after nearing Main Street the scent went poof, disappeared. That has always bothered me, particularly since it was already stated by everyone and their dog that Willow's body was found South of a rest area along Route 37 (south of town). I trust the sniffers.

There is a 2 story home (for sale) on Monroe according to Realtor(dot)com. If you look at that home's location (not sure if I am allowed to link that) on the Realtor site, you can get the exact address of that home. If you then compare that address with the address of the D family home...you will see that if a dog were to follow a scent from the D family home to that home - they would lose the scent right near Main Street if they were to have taken Willow inside the house there. I think it is *plausible* at least, that LE stated the dogs dropped the scent...because the dogs arrived at that house, but it is *plausible* they didn't want to say that to the public due to still carrying out the interrogations with JD.

The house was added to the site in July of this year...but the listing's most recent update was 6 days ago and it was still for sale. So, unless someone bought that home and moved in 3 days after the listing was refreshed, I think it's a possible candidate.

...yes I'm probably completely wrong but at least I did a little bit of research this time and I feel it is somewhat substantiated (sort of) because that's where they say the sniffers lost it. Maybe they didn't lose it, but found it. =/ I dont know.

[Edited to Add] I didn't get this from any news site so I cannot give links...you can find everything on Googlemaps, Mapquest and Realtor(dot)com, I simply didn't understand why the efforts were so concentrated North, North...well the sniffers went North and stopped. Perhaps they decided a house for sale was the perfect spot? There are very few reasons why (good) sniffers stop. I think they found what they needed to find.

Just a clarification on my kitty litter remark. I wasn't implying it was used to make meth in this particular case. It is used in making meth, though, as well as a manner of other things, including to absorb fluids. Just was putting that bit of info out there.

Also, I read the disclosure "article". It is interesting but they can't attribute it to anyone and can't reveal who their reporter is? Sorry, I am a journalist and that is unethical. (BTW you are welcome to your opinion but please no journalist bashing to my face -- we really can only report the facts as they are given to us. Good reporters don't need to make up sensational stuff. We are not all cold, callous, tabloid operatives or hiders of the truth.)

I'm going to speculate here because...I'm weird. So forgive me if this has already been stated.

I think everybody who has paid any attention at all to Willow's plight and the statements released and photos - knows there is a third crime scene. According to statements released early on (please don't ask me to dig for the link) the dogs hit North toward Main Street. However, after nearing Main Street the scent went poof, disappeared. That has always bothered me, particularly since it was already stated by everyone and their dog that Willow's body was found South of a rest area along Route 37 (south of town). I trust the sniffers.

There is a 2 story home (for sale) on Monroe according to Realtor(dot)com. If you look at that home's location (not sure if I am allowed to link that) on the Realtor site, you can get the exact address of that home. If you then compare that address with the address of the D family home...you will see that if a dog were to follow a scent from the D family home to that home - they would lose the scent right near Main Street if they were to have taken Willow inside the house there. I think it is *plausible* at least, that LE stated the dogs dropped the scent...because the dogs arrived at that house, but it is *plausible* they didn't want to say that to the public due to still carrying out the interrogations with JD.

The house was added to the site in July of this year...but the listing's most recent update was 6 days ago and it was still for sale. So, unless someone bought that home and moved in 3 days after the listing was refreshed, I think it's a possible candidate.

...yes I'm probably completely wrong but at least I did a little bit of research this time and I feel it is somewhat substantiated (sort of) because that's where they say the sniffers lost it. Maybe they didn't lose it, but found it. =/ I dont know.

I agree with you.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

What 22 year old leaves the comfort and privacy of their bed to go to the restroom to masturbate? And watch videos in there, simultaneously? I doubt it's a luxury bathroom, and... although I'm not male.... I'd suspect it would be pretty tricky to sit and balance a lap top, etc. Seems like too much work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

My understanding is the search North was two fold dogs had hit but not too strong. Also heard from a local that she had walked to Effingham before to see a relative. (cant confirma but source was pretty good) We were discussing that fact on Monday that most searches were taking place North and West from town. Our group was actually sent a little east of town, and woods we searched were pretty thick.

I'm sure this article has already been posted since I've been gone all day but haven't seen anything about the mom being arrested, has she?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...murder-in-stabbing-death-of-7-year-old-niece/

DeRyke told investigators he was home alone with Willow and her three-year-old brother Saturday night when Willow accidentally scratched him, according to court documents obtained by the station. This reportedly angered him and caused him to yell at Willow which in turn led her to run out of the house and towards a brush pile in the family's backyard.

DeRyke reportedly told police Willow began to twitch and he believed he had to end her suffering, so he grabbed a knife out of his bedroom, slit her throat and then stabbed her in the heart approximately five times.

A lot of JD's online profiles have the same theme: To Defy Heaven

Anybody know what that means? I mean, I know what it means....but is relative to a certain game, community, comic book.

My (adult) kids do some kind of online Star Wars game where they have to interact with other players and they almost speak their own language when they're talking about it.

Just a clarification on my kitty litter remark. I wasn't implying it was used to make meth in this particular case. It is used in making meth, though, as well as a manner of other things, including to absorb fluids. Just was putting that bit of info out there.

Also, I read the disclosure "article". It is interesting but they can't attribute it to anyone and can't reveal who their reporter is? Sorry, I am a journalist and that is unethical. (BTW you are welcome to your opinion but please no journalist bashing to my face -- we really can only report the facts as they are given to us. Good reporters don't need to make up sensational stuff. We are not all cold, callous, tabloid operatives or hiders of the truth.)

Thanks for the work you do ohiomom73. I have a close family member who is also a journalist and it always hurts a little when I read some of the comments.

Anybody know what that means? I mean, I know what it means....but is relative to a certain game, community, comic book.

My (adult) kids do some kind of online Star Wars game where they have to interact with other players and they almost speak their own language when they're talking about it.

Doesn't ring any bells game-wise. If I had to take a guess based on his age, it may be something from anime. (Which doesn't mean I think anime is to blame.)

On Google maps, if you head south on 37 from Watson till you get to the bridge that crosses the Little Wabash river, about midway of the bridge on street view you can see the railroad trestle. If you continue south across the bridge and look to the left you'll see a dirt/gravel access road to the river. This is most likely the site where Willow's body was found.

The pile of debris story I don't think I'm buying anymore, *especially* if it took place at the 1 story D family home (which I don't believe it did). The reason being...if it went down like JD claims it did and she was running from him after scratching him and making him angry - she wouldn't head out the front door and run into the backyard where she'd know she'd be trapped. Willow was a very smart little girl, I know that much. I can tell from accounts her mom wrote about her and conversations she had with others. If she was frightened, I believe she would run down the street...toward other homes to seek help. I don't think she would just run around the yard like a dizzy housefly - knowing nobody was there to help her. Nope

Is it his gamer tag?
My son's was crash override...
Kinda sounds like it maybe.

Is it his gamer tag?
My son's was crash override...
Kinda sounds like it maybe.

Hee, crash override is from the movie "Hackers"... Back when Angie Jolie was just a wee lass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx