GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
has there been ANY indication from LE or in the MSM that rape or sexual assault was a factor in this crime? I have seen lots of speculation here and elsewhere that rape was a motive for her killing.

I know experience with case watching would suggest that as a possible motive for the murder, but is there anything ELSE driving the continued suggestion that Rape was a factor in this one? Or are we just going with the odds on that?

I don't believe people are basing it on odds of other cases, no. I think people are leaning that way because of the specific wording JD used in his court appearance today. He specifically included that he went into the bathroom to masturbate; why would he include that information when it was not needed (by the court)? He then said Willow scratched him, drawing blood. That could be a defense for him, if they find his skin under her fingernails from fighting him off. Then, he decided to say that she fell into the wood pile, which we already knew was his angle, but in court he decided to add in that the kitty litter box was emptied in said wood pile. If the cat litter box is also kept in the bathroom...etc. He's just using way too many "possible defense scenarios" for one who might be trying to cover a sexual assault charge if one comes into play.

And that didn't send up red flags to the family? mmm this guy is very cunning, he has his dad believing it was an 'accident', and I'm wondering why the mum lied to police.

ah Nevermind, I just read the charging doc in its entirety and NOW I see why sexual assault dots are being connected. And might I say I am right there connecting them along with now.

ETA thanks for the answers guys, I was unable to watch or read the presser, dealing with a feverish kid today.

JMO but I really believe that there is always a reason for the words that are chosen and said or excluded from being said in situations like this. You were great to catch the "kitty litter" phrase and I am only speculating on why he even mentioned it. Just like the speculation of why he told investigators he was masterbating in the bathroom. I don't think that would be said in normal conversation without major embarrassment from the person admitting it. There is a reason JD included such details in his version of events. JMO but JD has calculated his story to fit what he thinks will be a perfect defense. I trust the professionals and evidence will prove his story to be fabricated.

RIP Willow

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Yep...he had a lot of time to think about how he was going to explain things away should he get caught. And I don't think he has been very "smart" about it but he must follow some kind of true crime or watch CSI type shows to have even considered all these small details to try and explain things away.

No way is this guy going to plead guilty as his father indicated. Unless he can work out a deal of a much lesser charge, which is highly doubtful. I'm expecting a long drawn out trial, full of ridiculous speculation on the part of the defense, directed by their client of course.

MOO

Regarding the glasses being in her room, I'm thinking maybe she was already in bed, and he went in her room ... I don't want to think what :(

has there been ANY indication from LE or in the MSM that rape or sexual assault was a factor in this crime? I have seen lots of speculation here and elsewhere that rape was a motive for her killing.

I know experience with case watching would suggest that as a possible motive for the murder, but is there anything ELSE driving the continued suggestion that Rape was a factor in this one? Or are we just going with the odds on that?

Presser posts transcribing what was said starts on page 10 of this thread and goes through page 16 or 17. Hope that helps.

Just that he had to insert a story that he was masterbating to *advertiser censored* into a story which he is accused of murder. I'm not sure if this is where the story started for him. Still, were talking about a story where the meat and potatoes is he used a knife on his niece, slicing her throat and stabbing her in the heart. Taking her in his vehicle, dumping her off in a remote location in a bunch of trash bags. Then, no big deal, wake up and go to work a bit early the next day. I mean, inserting the knife into a 7 year olds chest is nothing worth missing work for when you are a sane human being. And after all of that, did I mention I masterbated for 30 minutes or so. Before that, I watched real stories from the ER and just so happenEd to learn tracheostomy too. Came in handy, but she was too far gone from the stick impalement. Then I washed the clothes for my sister expecting that she would be upset about willow. Oh, I got a $5 tip the day I went in early by a really nice emergency worker who was looking for willow. Figured on a scale from 1 to 10, I'd give Sunday to Monday a solid 6. Sorry for the sarcasm, but damn :banghead:

Let's not overlook the fact that this perp even went to work Sunday ... an hour early no less!

I bet he took that white van to work too. Just to get it away from the LE officials crawling all over his property.

MOO

The Uncle's story is he attempted to stab Willow five times in the heart, yet the report at the above link does not mention any injuries mid chest line?

Thanks for any input.

I went back and reread it again after seeing your post, and you are spot on... Why would he claim to stab her / attempt to stab her five times in the heart and it not be documented during the autopsy. I thought perhaps because they were only describing the fatal wounds / COD wounds, however they even included the cuts on her little hands. This now has me rethinking this and very perplexed...Thank you for your post, I really did miss this .....hmmmm

IMHO

Does anyone else think he could have done this prior to Willow? I guess what I am asking is...I don't know how sleuthing works exactly, but shouldn't we be attempting to match with other unsolved, similar cases? Maybe it doesn't work like that, I'm not sure.

Can I just say that I hope an investigator on the case happens upon this forum, because assuming some of you are on track... You're really good at picking things apart and coming up with plausible scenarios accordingly. Far more plausible than JD's story, IMO.

I went back and reread it again after seeing your post, and you are spot on... Why would he claim to stab her / attempt to stab her five times in the heart and it not be documented during the autopsy. I thought perhaps because they were only describing the fatal wounds / COD wounds, however they even included the cuts on her little hands. This now has me rethinking this and very perplexed...Thank you for your post, I really did miss this .....hmmmm

IMHO

That is why it concerns me that perhaps he might be hinting at another person to whom he actually did that.

I bet he took that white van to work too. Just to get it away from the LE officials crawling all over his property.

MOO

How can people just carry on with life so easily??

He claims it was an 'acciden't, yet he got up in the morning, and still went to work while searchers were out searching for Willow .:banghead:

Please don't think i'm being flip, but you sound like a Mom. =)
I say that because It's how I feel every time a news story about a 18-24yr old boy committing some heinous crime, I always jump to who failed him. Probably because I am the mom of 2 boys in this range, so I feel for the boy instinctively. But once the facts come out I always realize evil can be everywhere. It doesn't discriminate.

2 of my boys are 18&20, and I am always just floored when I see this age range involved in such crimes. It blows my mind. I think I might feel more sympathy for the moms of these jerks, bc I wonder, are they as shocked as I am? I would be just... speechless, comatose if my boys did something like this. I just can not even begin to imagine. I wonder- do these moms (Tyler Holder comes to mind) think of all the sweet things their sons do- caring for little brothers, taking trash out, fixing my car, etc... or are there obvious missed signs?

Ugh. Just, UGH.

How can people just carry on with life so easily??

He claims it was an 'acciden't, yet he got up in the morning, and still went to work while searchers were out searching for Willow .:banghead:

Well, he knew they weren't going to find her alive, so why would he waste his time helping with the search or anything like that? We wouldn't want to waste his precious time or cause him to be late for work. That would be irresponsible. /sarcasm

(I don't get it, either. Nothing about this crime makes sense from a sane person's perspective.)

Viola, and there you would have some cuts on the hands.

The more I am left to sit with the presser information, and the probable cause affidavit, the more I am beginning to see how conniving JD is. So much so, I think he will have his parents believing he is innocent of murder, that it was just a big mistake.

Or I am totally wrong, it was an accident, and slashing a child's throat and stabbing them in the chest 5 times, wrapping them like trash and dumping them the perfect response to said accident.

I think there's a big difference between defensive knife wounds/cuts and scratches/small cuts from twigs and branches. And I think the coroner indicated that the cuts may be defensive wounds? I also didn't see anything about a brain injury, an impalement, nothing. Seems like the coroner pretty much only indicated knife wounds? To the clavicle area? And a slashed throat, not a neck/throat wound that went up into other areas of the head, neck or throat indicating a sharp object was impaled through from the neck/throat area.

I really think JD is grasping at straws with all of his "explanations". Too much bad crime tv watching? He knew what they would find and he's tried to explain it away. Poorly IMO.

MOO

I respectfully disagree. Maybe if she was dropped out of an airplane or if she ran into a stationary sharp branch when running at a fast speed but tripping and falling into some loose branches/twigs wouldn't cause that kind of impalement ---going through her neck and up into her brain. Your hands instictively go out to break your fall when you trip so she didn't have much momentum falling into those branches/twigs. IMO

Unless she did run away and make it to the brush pile and picked up a stick to use for defense and it got shoved in her throat. I can't get past the autopsy report that does not seem to indicate anything other than lacerations and stab wounds and defensive wounds on her.

I'm not totally ignorant, I know about the Sandy Hook situation and that was absolutely horribly dreadful. But that was a weird kid with mental problems and those were stranger-kids to him. I still don't understand an uncle killing the child of his sister. I could never ever ever do that, ever. I could never. Granted I couldn't kill anyone else either apart from self-defense but I probably couldn't even do that much. I'm just totally lost right now, I really don't understand wtf went on here...my head hurts.

I adore little Willow and I never even met her. Love her forever and I pray she is dancing and playing and romping in the clouds. And I am not concerned with why her mama bear lied her pants off. That mother is going to suffer like no other and I imagine she is going to have to deal with unbearable guilt for the rest of her days. The burden she will carry is more than punishment enough for having a few drinks at a bar and fibbing about it. And those grandparents oh my heavens I can't even fathom. Poor little NG too. This is horrible.

I do not know who said it but someone said to get a break and away from this wretched PC so that's what I'm going to do.

Sending big purple-huggles to Willow. I don't even know if that is her favorite color but even if I learn otherwise I think it will stick with me forever as her color.

I don't understand either. I can't even kill an ant. My brain can't comprehend killing a baby. Any child. Let alone one related to me. It's beyond understanding.

Sadly, though, these cases are not uncommon. Homicides of children are usually perpetrated by family members, not strangers. As if this case wasn't enough, here are some similar scenarios which show how often this horror occurs:

Michael Jacques pleads guilty to kidnapping, drugging, raping, killing his 12-year-old niece, will stay in prison for life. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/27/killer-uncle-life-in-prison/2705481/

John Maden, 38, who had downloaded a collection of sadistic 'snuff' movies from the internet, enticed his 12-year-old niece Tia Rigg to his home on the pretext of getting her to look after his daughter.
Instead he drugged the unsuspecting youngster before torturing and abusing her, then stabbing her in the stomach and strangling her with a guitar string. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-internet-*advertiser censored*-fantasy.html

An 18-year-old accused of using a sickle to beat his five-year-old niece to death has appeared in court wearing a full-body 'suicide smock'.

Matthew Kaleb Pierson has been charged with murder after he confessed to killing Jada Beth Williams with the farming blade and stuffing her bloodied corpse in a plastic container in the family garage. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...son-Murders-niece-5-beating-death-sickle.html

GREENVILLE (May 7, 2013)—Michael Vincent Moore, 57, of Grand Prairie, whose niece was last seen alive getting off a school bus last fall, has been charged in the teenager’s death.
Moore was arrested Monday night at his home and charged with capital murder in the death of 16-year-old Alicia Moore. http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Uncle-Of-Slain-Texas-Girl-Charged-In-Nieces-Murder-206431431.html

BALTIMORE —Harford County Sheriff’s officials have arrested and charged a 19-year-old man in the killing of his 2-month-old niece. http://www.wbaltv.com/news/maryland/harford-county/Man-19-charged-with-killing-2-month-old-niece/-/10635956/19819816/-/84jgh5/-/index.html#ixzz2ecwfGJDo

***GRAPHIC***

When I was about 6 or so, I was playing at my friend's house when her brother (maybe 4yo) started playing on a recorder (the hard plastic instrument little kids often play in school music class). He started running down the hallway in play and ended up falling down face first, impaling the recorder down his throat. I remember looking on in horror as he got up, just the tip of the recorder visible in his mouth, and then, somehow, (not sure how, maybe his mom, but I think maybe it was him) the recorder was pulled from his throat and there was BLOOD EVERYWHERE. He tried to talk, but there was no sound, just his terrified little eyes and more blood.
I was not a child to run away, but I was so terrified, I ran out of their house & hid behind a neighbor's line of bushes. I know his mom rushed him to the hospital immediately (maybe called an ambulance?) &, thank God, he was treated & ended up recovering. But, it has stayed with me all these years, as one of my earliest memories. I imagine he remembers it, too.
Anyway, my point is that it was a bloody scene, this mouth/throat impalement, & while he couldn't make a sound, you'd better believe those of us who witnessed it were screaming. So, if something similar happened to Willow (which I believe the stick story is cow excrement, IMO), there would likely be lots of blood, especially if Willow or the uncle pulled the impaled stick back out, in a panic. This would also explain the story going around about the 3yo brother being hysterical, although witnessing a murder would clearly explain that, as well.
I still call hogwash on the uncle's story. But, I felt compelled to share my experience of witnessing something akin to the "fell on a stick" story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It's totally possible. That's why we're all taught not to run around with something in our mouths or with scissors in our hands!!! (But we know that's not what happened here).

I think JD is a male Jodi Arias.

Whether his story makes sense to anyone matters not. He thinks he is so clever and charming that it is no problem. I bet he has gotten away with crazy lies over the years.

He must have a bit of personality to work at Starbucks. No reason for them to hire a dud.

He has lived several different places. I find that interesting.

IIRC, on his FB he was holding a young child. Since he appeared to live far away, I did not memorize much about him. I figured the child was his.

Where I live, when you rent an apartment, you have to have the first month, last month and a damage deposit as well. I wonder if he found willing women to live with?

I hope he has saved his tips. What would be the retainer for a first degree murder charge? $100,000? More? I am guessing more.

Who knows if he is charming, but things about him fit sociopath.

Moves frequently so does not hold a job for long. Grandiose ideas ( paying for his own attorney )

Lying . Not even good lying.

What else?

Oh yes. Blaming Willow for her own death. Of course. And he is such a prince! He put her out of her misery! See what a great guy he is? Never his fault for anything, I bet.

I believe the dropping out of school fits into the sociopath list

Does anyone else think he could have done this prior to Willow? I guess what I am asking is...I don't know how sleuthing works exactly, but shouldn't we be attempting to match with other unsolved, similar cases? Maybe it doesn't work like that, I'm not sure.

I want to know how her behavior's been at school and if there were days she did NOT want to go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop