Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions, please...

First off, I joined two of the Willow FB pages right away. I know everything posted on those are considered rumor, and have refrained from posting things from those pages. The original "MISSING WILLOW LONG" profile (not group page, but profile/timeline) was closed after JD was arrested because of people posting rumors/unsupportive things, etc. (Now to the point of this post):

In one of the conversations, I read replies made by JD. I won't post what he said specifically, and he did not post anything incriminating. Just a few little comments strangely contradicting themselves and urging people not to blame the family. I contacted the person who created the profile (after it had been deleted) and reminded her of these comments and suggested that while they may not be important at all, they also MIGHT BE and I suggested that she consider at least letting LE know about those posts and allowing them to reactivate the page or look at it using their magical computer prowess or whatever. She did not respond.

Do you think I should follow up and maybe just ask her if she shared the information, or is it likely useless information that LE shouldn't be bothered with? (I guess my issue with it was that he was posting these things while the search was ongoing and then he was arrested, and now charged with murder. Now it seems less important than it did before when we didn't know there was any evidence, but maybe I'm wrong.)
You might ask her again, or better yet, let LE know. I'd be surprised if they were not monitoring the page, as LE generally use social media as an investigative tool. But, just in case, it wouldn't hurt to alert them. JMO.

Who keeps a big old knife in the bedroom?

Hunter?

someone who uses a knife for " other nefarious reasons"..

???

:dunno:

I have to pipe up on this one. There is a knife in our bedroom; would not have it any other way, and my husband and myself are definitely not doing anything nefarious (not even sure what that word means but I don't think I have to know, as I know what you're implying) with it. :)

Who keeps a big old knife in the bedroom?

Hunter?

someone who uses a knife for " other nefarious reasons"..

???

:dunno:

Hey, I have a big knife under my mattress! I promise I'm not (usually) crazy! Lol, after reading so many &%^ked up things...I got kinda paranoid. :crazy:

Anyways, I am really wondering where the knife is at! I'm sure they're looking for it and I hope it's found quickly.

Is there a place where we can find out in what locations he has resided in the past? I can't shake this feeling that this isn't his first rodeo.

He has lived in St. Paul, Minnesota, the last

I am sure he was a busy boy before as well. He is 22 years old. That is a few years past puberty. You don't become a deviant overnight

Also, it's vigil time. Away while lighting a candle with my babies (9 minutes late. Oops)

Speaking of vigils---there's a candle light vigil in Willow's community tonight at 7pm. They're reportedly taking donations to give to the FATHER for funeral expenses and for traveling expenses for him since he lives out of town. Interesting. (I'll go find the link if necessary)

I wonder if the mom knew there were problems with the uncle. She really had no reason to lie, if her own brother had always been caring, honest, moral, and responsible. Maybe Darling Willow had told her "things." Perhaps other reports will come out or perhaps Willow's friends will begin to report things that Willow confided in them. If Willow's mom went out and left the children with someone reputable, there should have been no reason to lie. Her lying says "something." Going out and leaving your children with a responsible babysitter is not a crime. Why lie?

I also think that "something" is being said by the mom leaving the family residence. She wants to be "alone?" I would need my loved ones to feed me, carry me to the bathroom, hold me up, keep me alive. I wonder if the family has caught on and they don't want the mom around. I know I wouldn't support anyone that had any part in the death of one of my children, and I don't care if it was an active part in the murder or by lying to cover-up something else. It would NOT matter to me. I would kick that person out and I am very small and I would still kick them from here-to-there!

I think the Mom's motivation to lie is that she doesn't suspect the brother and doesn't want to seem like a bad mom or have DCFS investigate and possibily lose her kids.

Essentially, she didn't think that her brother could do is and she had to have a story about when she last saw Willow because she couldn't say I was out last night so the last time I saw her was 8pm or anything like that. And the story about what she was wearing and everything was probably told to her by her brother.

She was only 40 lbs...at 7 years old? I missed that somehow...does that seem odd to anyone else but me? My seven year old daughter was more like 60 pounds...I guess there can be ranges...I'll google it though because that seems awfully thin...

She always looked happy in her pics, and never had that look that we see so often on children who have been neglected or abused so I never went down that path with this case.

My 3year 8o old daughter is 45 lbs but
She's a linebacker. My niece is 8 and 6
" taller and weighs the same. She's the same Build as willow.

Hey, I have a big knife under my mattress! I promise I'm not (usually) crazy! Lol, after reading so many &%^ked up things...I got kinda paranoid. :crazy:

Anyways, I am really wondering where the knife is at! I'm sure they're looking for it and I hope it's found quickly.

I have one in the drawer by my bed. Not sure why... It makes me feel safe when I am alone ...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

just caught up again....

Yes the clothes bit is very important, as mum last saw her in an oversized shirt, am I am betting that is before she went out that night.........and that was found at home........so what was willow wearing when she was found????? and if she was killed sat night then it should have been the shirt.

sigh I have been on here long enough and seen enough of these stories to also think that the uncle killed her because of a sexual assault and hence the masturbating story....he has thought about it and is covering up any semen found on her.

Probably trying to maybe get a manslaughter or even get off the charge all together if it was deemed he was "putting her out of her misery".

Also the drew blood bit I think is again for his defense as I bet is was a defensive wound... I think he was watching *advertiser censored*, if he has lived in a lot of places he doesn't know these kids too well, he has tried to do something sexual to willow and she has been defensive.

Also I think it is another case of a bit of a neglectful mother, and I am sorry I have to say that, but I don't care....... she either had a massive hangover hence the sleep in, or did not come home, hence the lies. But if your child is missing, a decent parent would be in an absolute state of panic that you'd tell the truth to help find her, rather than cover your own butt to make you not seem neglectful. It only hinders the police trying to find out what happened to your daughter if they don't have the TRUTH!. Selfish, she should have just said I was out, they were with my brother so she could have gone missing last night. The fact that she said she made breakfast and put on a Disney movie totally infuriates me as you know she is thinking of after herself....

Also sorry but once again after seeing where this guy has lived, I don't think he could have known these kids too well...........how long was he living there???? If she did not come home I think it not responsible that she left her kids with a 22 yr old uncle overnight.....

I know it is not mums fault, but it is the same over and over and over. Parents more concerned with their social lives and love lives than their kids.

Now that we know the cod, I am again saddened to see that it was no accident. I, too, feel like a sexual assault occurred. There is no other reason to tell the police he was going into the bathroom to watch *advertiser censored* and masturbate. Other than continual cover up and explanations for what they will find.

I also agree with another poster regarding mom and the lies. I think mom was supposed to be home way earlier than she was. Uncle had to go work so she knew she had to be back home to be with the children since grandma and grandpa were not around. I think mom lied because she didn't want the police to know that her brother left the kids alone in the house. Its possible, I assume, to think that 8:45 is when brother left for work and 10 is when mom got there. Any information regarding what Willow was wearing and what they had for breakfast I bet came from the brother. The 3 yo was probably hysterical that he was alone. Her brother decided to head to work even earlier than planned. Mom had to call him and let him know Willow was missing. So mom, whether planned or unplanned, probably did not get home until that morning, after her brother had left for work. Time of death is approx. 11 pm if I read correctly. He had plenty of time to clean up. I think the bathroom is the key as well. Everything so far has revolved around that bathroom.

I will continue to say prayers and wish peace and healing to the family. I am not sure how I feel about mom and whether or not she is covering for herself or for the brother. Either way, if there ever is a time in your life you tell the truth it is when your child is missing. Nothing but the truth matters.

IMHO
Kelly

I think the Mom's motivation to lie is that she doesn't suspect the brother and doesn't want to seem like a bad mom or have DCFS investigate and possibily lose her kids.

Essentially, she didn't think that her brother could do is and she had to have a story about when she last saw Willow because she couldn't say I was out last night so the last time I saw her was 8pm or anything like that. And the story about what she was wearing and everything was probably told to her by her brother.

I just don't understand why she would think DCBS would be called in, if she left her children with a competent babysitter. That's what has me puzzled. I think most people leave their children with babysitters from time-to-time and that isn't considered child abuse or neglect, unless that babysitter has a "history."

... because, according to the probable cause affidavit, Willow Long was mortally wounded around 11:00 pm on the night before her mother claimed she fed Willow and her 3 year old brother breakfast and then put them in front of a movie before going back to bed because she didn't feel well. No matter what she (the mother) outright lied or was delusional- I don't care the reason- no mother, with a child missing should fabricate facts- ever!

The police have not said she lied they have not named her a poi. If they
do, great but as of now they have not.

I have one in the drawer by my bed. Not sure why... It makes me feel safe when I am alone ...

Same. Mine's definitely a steak knife, though... I also have pepper spray in the drawer. I guess the difference is, we haven't used ours lately... especially not on a human being.

I just don't understand why she would think DCBS would be called in, if she left her children with a competent babysitter. That's what has me puzzled. I think most people leave their children with babysitters from time-to-time and that isn't considered child abuse or neglect, unless that babysitter has a "history."

I agree that it shouldn't be an issue to have a sitter all night but in that moment with your kid gone she probably wasn't thinking clearly and didn't want them to think that she was out all night and simply told them she saw them at 8:45 probably the time when her brother said he last saw them. I bet the story about her walking out the door and the kid crying was what the brother told CD.

I am having a heck of a time staying caught up today. Thank you to everyone for posting links and keeping the thread updated.

I just want to post that, FWIW, in the past few years I've notice that it's becoming more common for sexual assault charges to be added weeks and even months later. I'm not sure why this is. Maybe waiting for DNA confirmation? IDK. The DA has until trail to add or remove charges.

I feel that the uncle throwing out the info about masturbation and the scratches on his arm is to explain away rape and the victim fighting back. He seems to have an answer for everything. (rolls eyes)

I have a legitimate question. I would like to know if there is such a charge as "Accidental Accomplice", or "Indirect Accessory to Murder" or anything along those lines? I would just like an answer, don't want to go where we're not supposed to go, so a yes or no would suffice. Thanks.

Yes I googled and saw a normal range of 41-70 lbs for he height and race. Huge range!!!

And Willow was tee-niney. She was 3'10", if I am not mistaken.

My own DD at 7 was 4' 7" and weighed 75 lbs. So it's a really wide range.

Same. Mine's definitely a steak knife, though... I also have pepper spray in the drawer. I guess the difference is, we haven't used ours lately... especially not on a human being.

Mine folds (don't want to cut myself when rummaging in the drawer! ) and I can also use it to punch someone like brass knuckles.
If I ever get attacked it will probably be used against me.
Sigh...
BUT I can hide it under the covers.
Luckily I am rarely alone at night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics