GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow

This isn't really connected to the case in any way, but I thought some of you might appreciate it. This picture was taken at my mom's house a couple months ago. (My mom and I both live about an hour from Watson.) It's been the wallpaper on my phone since then, and I just looked at my phone and realized, "I have a picture of a rainbow behind a willow tree..." Anyway, I just wanted to share.

Sorry about not being able to post the link but thexradio.com has a brief print interview with JD grandmother just posted and will be positing a video of the interview shortly. She says her and her husband will not be offering any financial support to their son.
http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7546-interview-w-willow-s-grandma
Here is link to interview video not up yet

She is just heartbroken. Willows favorite breakfast was pancakes with cool whip on top and she pretended hot chocolate was her "coffee"

Mrs. DeRyke made a point of saying, "We are not supporting our son (with any of the funds being donated)."
I'm glad to hear this and glad to be able to believe her. My heart aches for her and all of those that love Willow. As a grandmother I can't imagine the pain she's feeling but I'm sure it's a horrible one that feels like it will never end.
May God bless Willow's grandma and the rest of her family and somehow give her peace.

The more time goes by I think that NG did witness what JD did to Willow, and was there when he disposed of her body. I think he wouldn't leave the little boy alone because of the what ifs. What if someone came to the door unexpectedly, what if CD came home earlier than he expected, what if...
I think JD didn't care about the harm he did to either of those children.

As to JD hiring his own attorney, I keep thinking what someone said earlier: He's a pathological liar. I agree.
I don't think he's anymore going to hire his own attorney than I'm going to sprout wings and fly. Unless he's counting hiring as getting a public defender.
I think if this family will look back without the blinders of unconditional love on now they will be able to see signs that should have been red flags to them. I don't blame them, I'm just saying unless I see evidence otherwise my heart goes out to them.

MOO

About the DCFS call - I wondered if it could've been a member of the community who had suspicions about Willow's disappearance, but who didn't want to make themselves known to police for whatever reason, and figured that might be a way to draw officials attention to the family.

Also could've been LE I'm sure, but then I wonder whether they would use a hotline?

That is correct. Eventually LE will divulge where the murder took place. Hope to link video to JD's mothers interview as soon as it comes up, At least today I learned how to link an article.

Thank you for the article and video of the grandmother's interview, Lucifer...ETA... Oops! LUTHER! Sorry!!!

heartbreaking indeed...

Have you heard that Willow's mother is planning on giving an interview, too?

TIA...:seeya:

Thanks for posting this, Luther13.

It's so painful to see the deep grief and horrendous pain the grandparents are going through. Stunned, they have no answers to why their son did this.

It hurts to watch these decent people have to suffer in front of cameras trying to deal with their whole world being destroyed by their son's actions. I'll keep them in my prayers.

OMG. That interview with the Grandma, Debbie, was truly heartbreaking. That is a truly broken woman. How could her son do that to her and her husband? My mother would be exactly the same if something happened to one of her grandchildren. That interview brings the horror of what has happened to Willow, and has made it truly real.

Willow's poor grandparents. That interview was among the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen. I was holding it together until, "She loved pancakes with cool whip on it."

I just want to go hug her. :( I don't know how some of you are able to look at case after case like this. It's absolutely heartbreaking, in every single aspect.

unbelievably heartbreaking. :(

Uncomfortable viewing. I don't know why people have to be judgmental, ignorant and just plain mean. I despair at some people every single day. Big mouths and little brains MOO. I just hope one day Mrs Deryke will know that not everyone is like that, and a lot of people have the grandparents, the family and everyone who loved Willow in their thoughts and hearts.

This is absolutely heartbreaking!!!!

This is why I do not join or participate in FB groups. I cannot bear to see people judging these families for what these judgers have no clue about. I find people that do this despicable. These family members are victims as well and in deep grief.

I don't understand what it is about certain people that want to lash out and be cruel to family members who absolutely could never imagine the most unspeakable thing happening. There is no greater loss than that of a child and to have it happen in such a horrific way is unbearable. Why do people want to add salt to their wounds? Are they not capable of empathy towards others loss?

People driving by and staring at their house? Seriously? These people need to go home and take care of their own affairs and be thankful that they are not the ones suffering this loss.

WTH is wrong with people? Seriously........

I agree. Adult bullies imo. Gma said they are even starting to attack Willow's dad and his family...seriously? Get a life people.

Did Willow's mother work or go to school? I don't know much about how long she and the children were living with her parents.

After watching the Grandmother's interview, it is obvious her heart has been ripped out. It just is such a cruel reality that they were letting their grown kids live there, I imagine to help them out and enjoy their grandkids, and here's what they get for it. I don't see how they will ever get over what has happened.

Willow's poor grandparents. That interview was among the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen. I was holding it together until, "She loved pancakes with cool whip on it."

I just want to go hug her. :( I don't know how some of you are able to look at case after case like this. It's absolutely heartbreaking, in every single aspect.

I understand.

Grandma broke my heart. I guess grandpa was still in shock during his interview just grasping at anything other then having to come to terms with what his son did.

Though I do have a feeling this will tear that family apart. I think grandpa will be one that will support JD b/c of dad/son bond but I'm not sure grandma will be able to do the same. She looked truly heartbroken.

If there was evidence of Willow being murdered in the home, would LE have already released it to the family? Is the family living there, now?

Is there more than one stick pile on the property? In the video clip with Gma (link posted above), you can see a stick pile behind the reporter and her. At the end of the video you can see the house is behind the reporter and to his right.

It looks like there were at least 2-3 piles. The one that stayed between them in the interview looked like it may have been two piles one just further back then the other. So with several piles out there maybe there is one that they use to dump the kitty litter. Maybe he is trying to throw them off of which pile to really look near.

If there was evidence of Willow being murdered in the home, would LE have already released it to the family? Is the family living there, now?

Good question. From what I understand, I guess Willow's Mom is still staying at a hotel. The father had mentioned her not wanting to stay there, but it wasn't explained why. The little boy is out of the house. The grandparents are left struggling to understand how this could happen. It's extremely sad.

Anyone can see how much the Grandmother loved and delighted having Willow in her life. It is truly heartbreaking what the son did to his whole family. Why, why, why?!!!

Good question. From what I understand, I guess Willow's Mom is still staying at a hotel. The father had mentioned her not wanting to stay there, but it wasn't explained why. The little boy is out of the house. The grandparents are left struggling to understand how this could happen. It's extremely sad.

Anyone can see how much the Grandmother loved and delighted having Willow in her life.

It's just struck me too. Not only have the Grandparents lost Willow but her little brother is now in care too. Must be even worse. I bet all they would want to do is hold that little guy close and they can't. Double heartbreak

No they wouldn't have released it back already. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member