GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't that people didn't notice the lack of tears, I know I did. I also know the pain of crying so much that you have no tears left and you look just like the Gma did in that interview. jmo

I do find it disturbing that people are attacking the family... including Willow's Dad and his family!

I am not attacking anyone at all ... I just made an observation, never once did I say, I think she's involved, etc ... because I don't, but watching the video, that's what struck me first.

I am not attacking anyone at all ... I just made an observation, never once did I say, I think she's involved, etc ... because I don't, but watching the video, that's what struck me first.
At first it bothered me too.
This woman has possibly lost everyone she knew and loved a week ago.
Willow
Her son.
Her grandson.
Possibly her daughter (she seems to have left)
possibly her husband ( at the last interview he was buying the accident story) - add in the stress that is on the marriage ...

Now I understand :( too clearly.
Moo
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

To this I have to ask...
She is 26?
Leaves the children in the care of a family member.
Why did she need to lie?

There is nothing wrong with this scenario.
Or is there?

I can only speculate that mother and grandparents were at odds over mother's lax attitude toward parenting. (Think Casey Anthony) The grandmother says CD had no plans to go out, which makes me think that was a promise she made to her parents. But, perhaps friends called to invite her out, and when her brother "offered" to watch the kids, she reneged on her promise.

Nothing suggests that she was not supposed to leave the children with the brother, specifically. If my scenario is correct, she was supposed to behave like a responsible parent, and stay home and take care of her children, herself.

I can only speculate that mother and grandparents were at odds over mother's lax attitude toward parenting. (Think Casey Anthony) The grandmother says CD had no plans to go out, which makes me think that was a promise she made to her parents. But, perhaps friends called to invite her out, and when her brother "offered" to watch the kids, she reneged on her promise.

Nothing suggests that she was not supposed to leave the children with the brother, specifically. If my scenario is correct, she was supposed to behave like a responsible parent, and stay home and take care of her children, herself.

Possibly it is a condition of being able to live at their house, responsible parenting. Even at 26, if one of my dd's was making irresponsible decisions (not that mom was, I don't know) I would probably have conditions to moving back home. Like getting situated and saving money to get her own place etc etc.

Something isn't ringing true though. I do think there were some signs along the way that there was something wrong or db had issues. I can't wrap my head around someone just flipping out one day and killing a little girl. A sane person anyway.

Kelly

Grandma and Grandpa had both adult children living in their home. They were probably trying their best to help their own children get on their feet, as well as helping to provide a safe home for the grandchildren.

There is no way they could have anticipated this happening.

I feel horrible for them.

I'm sure they are in shock. Imagine as a grandparent trying to help your kids get on their own feet and also helping to care for the grandkids as well.

As far as Willow's mother goes, it sounds like she needs to start being honest. Every parent wants to believe their child, but she is not being honest with her parents or anyone else it seems. This dishonesty with herself and others is a horrible path to take. If there is a time to change that for her, it most certainly is now.

I don't get this. There are no details in the petition. I know people mean well and I see this brought up in many situations. I know they have good hearts but this would be impossible to implement.

They were on top of this situation in the community immediately. People don't understand the amber alert system. There would be hundreds to thousands of alerts each day if they implemented a system for every child or teen that didn't come home on time and LE would never be able to keep up with every call that came in from the GP when they saw a "little child with such and such hair color".

Willow was found quickly and an arrest was made quickly. What are the details of the petition?

Issue an alert for every missing child, and it would lose its effect very quickly. People would be getting alerts everyday for runaways, children who were at a friend's house, etc. Within a week of something like this, there would be outrage and complaints. People would start to ignore all alerts.

How is an Amber Alert helpful without a vehicle description? If you get a text on your phone, saying a 7-year-old white female is missing, how does that help you look for her?

Issue an alert for every missing child, and it would lose its effect very quickly. People would be getting alerts everyday for runaways, children who were at a friend's house, etc. Within a week of something like this, there would be outrage and complaints. People would start to ignore all alerts.

How is an Amber Alert helpful without a vehicle description? If you get a text on your phone, saying a 7-year-old white female is missing, how does that help you look for her?

Yet again this child was never "missing "
Her uncle knew exactly where she was ...
Sigh

I don't get this. There are no details in the petition. I know people mean well and I see this brought up in many situations. I know they have good hearts but this would be impossible to implement.

They were on top of this situation in the community immediately. People don't understand the amber alert system. There would be hundreds to thousands of alerts each day if they implemented a system for every child or teen that didn't come home on time and LE would never be able to keep up with every call that came in from the GP when they saw a "little child with such and such hair color".

Willow was found quickly and an arrest was made quickly. What are the details of the petition?

I agree. While I do wish that all missing would get the same kind of attention I know that is not possible. I do think LE and media should work together and get missing person alerts out there so we know who is missing though. An Amber Alert would not have saved Willow. Have a ticker or something on the screen during evening or night news that alerts to those who are known to be missing in the area would be great.

Apart from what he actually did to little Willow, what further infuriates me is what he did after the fact.

Saturday evening, he took a precious little life from this earth that he had no right (or reason) to take. Then, he places her in an area in which it will take a fair bit of time to find her.

If that were not destructive enough, he watches as hundreds of people gather to look for this little girl. He watches as people are optimistically looking for a living child, chasing frogs and playing in a cornfield. He knows where she is the entire time.

This man feels zero remorse for what he has done. Even if he killed her purposefully (which I believe he did), and felt remorseful after the fact - he would have called the authorities and told them he knew where her body was.

Yet he did not confess until after her little body was found.

That is not a remorseful confession.

That is an "oh [bleep] I got caught" confession...and wasn't even a confession at all, but a contrived concoction of bologna.

http://www.wandtv.com/story/23428942/willow-longs-grand

Thanks ToothlessFairy.

Feeling the Grandmother's sorrow.

I still don't know a thing about Willow's Mom except maybe the lie she told about Sunday morning when her daughter just went missing.

She may have lied to her the folks, too, about going out that night. I am still confused, this is a lie that never gets easier to understand how it got so twisted at such a crucial time. Helping a friend has been added.

JMO, the uncle "offered to babysit" statement is not the best thing to share at this time. It's not adding up as an endearing quality he had, sounds like premeditation the way things turned out.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/397791/3/Willow-Longs-grandmother-speaks-out-for-first-time

I keep hearing no previous signs of any problems. I have a feeling we have an insanity defense in the making.

I was thinking... what if took an alive Willow down to that river bed and killed her there...in or by the water. It would make for a rather clean crime scene. I also wonder if he used gloves or if his bloody fingerprints will be all over the tape and bags.

I was thinking... what if took an alive Willow down to that river bed and killed her there...in or by the water. It would make for a rather clean crime scene. I also wonder if he used gloves or if his bloody fingerprints will be all over the tape and bags.

I thought the same "an adventure "
the fact that her glasses were in the home tells me she was in the tub or the bed.
I guess he could have brought them back - or took her alive without them.

Great point!!

It was one or the other. More fingerprints on the bag actually would mean he is really criminally dumb or maybe some truth to the story. No fingerprints, this was a planned murder.

I just gotta say this is starting to sound more and more like she was going to tell
grandma what both her mother and uncle were up to.
-she was silenced.
Maybe not.
It sounds better in my head than other scenarios I have come up with.

Moo

Great point!!

It was one or the other. More fingerprints on the bag actually would mean he is really criminally dumb or maybe some truth to the story. No fingerprints, this was a planned murder.

I am thinking he had this little kill kit prepared. The bags, tape etc. Maybe he was just planning on killing someone and the opportunity was there that night.

Does anyone have a link that shows some sort of date he lived in Kalamazoo, MI? Does anyone have a link that has a picture of his van, by chance (wishful thinking probably). TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck_317