GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE would have suspected that Willow hadn't just wandered off on Sunday after interviewing the family. CD and JD would had to have planned that they were both going to lie to LE, with the initial story about CD giving them breakfast, going back to bed etc. I highly doubt that they could have their stories 100% consistent to fool LE. Not impossible but very unlikely. I think that's why CD and JD were interviewed again on Monday, so LE could put their suspicions to them, test their stories, and see who fessed up.

JD could have said he was asleep all morning I suppose. But either way, they were both lying from the outset and I think LE would have noticed inconsistencies and odd behaviour at the outset. So the whole "no foul play suspected" was a ruse from Sunday, imo.

I said this way back when this info first came to light..the glasses has also been bugging me, If Willow was really going to watch a movie she would have had her glasses on so did they get knocked off while she was trying to get away or were they on a bedside table where Willow was sleeping ? I would Love to know where exactly and in what condition these glasses were found in..JMO AND :twocents:

Yes I would like to know to. He is lying for sure, covering up for his scratches etc. Only time will tell or maybe not. Its heartbreaking just to think of her murdered in such a horrible way. Why? Why do this to a little girl, his neice. Its sick.

I totally agree, and they documented what wound they felt was the fatal stab. But the fact they also mentioned the probable defense wounds on her hand make me think since they went on to other non fatal wounds, why would they not mention chest wound??? It is just bothering me... IMHO

I think they added the defensive wounds to prove she was not dying like he claimed her to be.

Does anyone recall where the story attributed to mom came from....about her walking around the block, talking to her mom, mom talking to brother, brother coming out of the house in tears, mom calling 911.....and JD taking off, picking up neighbors to go look for Willow?

This is all very detailed! And, if JD was actually at work, NOT TRUE! Searching to where this all originated.....

http://shelbycountynews.net/search-...ay-evening-after-temporary-delay-p24744-1.htm

There you go. Another poster (re)found this earlier today for the same reason. I've already forgotten who.

Has the actual confession been published? Just thinking he may have said one thing then recanted when LE "warned" him! Is a confession written, certainly it is videotaped.

only probable cause statement. I doubt we hear more until the GJ (I am sure they will come back with a true bill but that is just my :twocents:)

The GJ will indict and then he will be arraigned where he can enter a plea at that time.

(that is how I have seen things go in past cases)

“The probable cause statement is a running dialogue and narrative that the State has put together,” added Kibler.

“I need to clarify that this is still an on-going investigation.,” said Kibler, adding that State Police investigators “are still working this investigation tirelessly.

“There are still a lot of loose ends that need to be tied up. They are still interviewing more individuals. They are still collecting more evidence.

“On some levels, these events have moved fast. Willow was reported missing just Sunday. Her body was found less than 48 hours ago and an arrest was made just 36 hours ago and the autopsy was just completed less than 24 hours ago,” said Kibler at the early Wednesday afternoon press conference.

“So there are a lot more details that will come out.

“However we can confidentially state that there is no one else who is a person of interest and that the community is safe. There is no one else responsible according to what the State Police have told me that law enforcement believes is responsible for Willow’s death. So there should be no concern in the community concerning future harm,” said Kibler.
http://shelbycountynews.net/authori...e-investigation-remains-in-early-p24770-1.htm

^they are still investigating^

much more at the link

Wasn't it JD's father that originally relayed the "confession"?

Maybe so, but he may have been the lucky one in the end...jMO

Yes. I think it's very likely that the 3 year-old was left alone (both alone in the house and alone at the house without an adult present) at some time during the night. He may have been awake or asleep. He likely (IMO) at least heard or witnessed horrible trauma. But sadly, in the end, he got the better end of the deal in that he's still alive.

From the sheriffs own mouth. CD lied about seeing Willow Sunday morning. When a child is missing, there is NO EXCUSE to lie about the last time they were seen...... Period. Partying is not a crime. It's not like she left her kids alone while doing so. You also do not go out of your way to change the timeline and change stories surrounding the disappearance of your child if it is to simply cover the fact you were partying. IMO.

From the sheriffs own mouth. CD lied about seeing Willow Sunday morning. When a child is missing, there is NO EXCUSE to lie about the last time they were seen...... Period. Partying is not a crime. It's not like she left her kids alone while doing so. You also do not go out of your way to change the timeline and change stories surrounding the disappearance of your child if it is to simply cover the fact you were partying. IMO.

I agree. I guess in her mind, being embarrassed by not checking on the kids was more important than providing accurate information to LE to find Willow. :banghead:

Yes. In the same interview where he stated he had not been allowed to speak to his son yet.

:waitasec:

I believe so......and I'm thinking JD's defense attorney will be none to happy about that.

Yes he did give that information on two seperate Tv interviews. (TV interviews were Tuesday afternoon I believe) My question is when did he find this information out. He said in an interview Tuesday in Effingham Daily News that he ws not allowed to speak to his son and only limited time with his daughter when he returned home from his job. (this interview would have happened monday night due to paper hitting doorsteps in the AM) I can't believe he had access to his son after the quesioning on Monday night-Tuesday morning when he confessed and was then arrested.

I agree. I guess in her mind, being embarrassed by not checking on the kids was more important than providing accurate information to LE to find Willow. :banghead:

It does seem incredibly shallow, really, for the mother to lie about this detail to make herself sound like a more respectable mother. Really shallow.

But in the end, it didn't make a difference to Willow. Her self-serving lie didn't change Willow's fate.

I was only using yours as an example, but not pointing this at you at all. I missed it too, but there is no documentation in the Probable Cause statement of ANY chest wounds, NONE....

As calculated as he has been in bringing up kitty litter, masturbation, scratch on arm etc, why would he say he stabbed her approx. five times aiming for her heart and there be no documented damage to her chest area? This bothers me and just keeps niggling at me and I just cannot figure out what his reason would be to allege this? IMHO

He is a narcissistic pathological liar. (Lying is a symptom of narcissism.) He also has implied to the media that he will be paying for his own defense attorney instead of using a public defender. His parents may be very hard working people, but I doubt they have a million dollars to donate for his defense or that he saved a million dollars by working at Starbucks. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the personal info on his social media sites is complete bs too. Has anyone verified that he actually had a job at Starbucks or was ever enrolled at Devry?

from what I recall - 2 different versions to 2 different media outlets. from what I recall he/his wife returned from trucking & was unable to talk to his daughter or son 'cause they were detained by LE & then apparently, someone (daughter? son? he indicates son) told him his son's story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur