GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I'm new to this group. I stumbled across you guys when searching for more info on Willow Long when she went missing and of course I can't tear myself away. I just received my permission to post (been waiting for over 24 hours) and I'd like to shed some light on some questions that were posed in the #2 and #3 discusions. Not sure how to quote those from here or if I even can?
A few people had asked why the search K9s didn't hit on the possible crime scenes? Mainly because at the time thats not what they were being asked to look for. Search K9s fall into 2 main categories: Live Find & Cadaver
Some K9s are certified in both disciplines however they are instructed as to what they should be looking for when they begin their search. A well trained cross functional K9 should not alert on cadaver when they are searching for live. It's my understanding that the Search K9s were used at the beginning of the search for a missing child, thought to be living, so that explains why they may not have alerted on cadaver.
It's not unheard of, though for a dog to alert on cadaver even when searching for live, IF they've been exposed to cadaver. But this is the reason FEMA doesn't want cross trained dogs on disasters when time is of the essence and they are looking for survivors.

Thanks for the info! I'm new, too. I just found this forum on Monday, and have barely left it since. (I really, really should start sleeping more, but this forum makes it difficult). Everyone seems great, and I hope you feel as welcome as I have!

"Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed."

I am confused, so perhaps someone can explain this to me. We can't post personal information (like where mom was during the time) even though it's been publicly posted...I get that. But, it then says we can talk about family members as facts are discussed.

...I'm confused. :( Can someone define what is okay to discuss and what is not, regarding Willow's case? I am new here and I do NOT want to get myself in trouble, but I am confused by the rule. Thank you in advance.

if it is in the media you can discuss it.

hope that helps

Yep, that definitely helps. Thank you very much for a fast response

I agree about the odd details he has mentioned. Cat litter, getting up to masturbate in the washroom, the amount of time he was in there, that she drew blood by grabbing his arm etc.

Would someone think about these things before? Premeditated? It seems like he thought about this and the what would happen if...

Also why hide the body so close to the house? He had a van why not further? Did he intend it to be in the water and float down stream but didn't realize how heavy it was and it didn't go as planned?

If the mother stated she was there in the morning, how could this have gone down inside? hungover, sick or whatever that kid is screaming for her life.

This really is one messed up case but I am really sure they have got what they need to convict and a jury is not stupid. His story makes no sense whatsoever.

BBM above: TV, the Internet, Media - sitting around inside your head thinking up c@rp - Definitely some type of premeditation hence 1st Degree Murder charges

Why dump the body next to an overpass -- some random "trucker" could have dumped it there (convenience) IMHO only

IMHO only: mom showed up around 10a & not all her kids were accounted for

Not only did the mom lie, but I believe continued to lie for quite some time (unless LE figured out what happened very quickly).

I say this because if Mom had quickly turned around and told LE the truth before they suspected the uncle I think LE would have changed the circumstances surrounding the time Willow was last seen that they reported to the public.

For example, if a neighbor saw her late Saturday night or very early Sunday morning, that neighbor would not bother to report that sighting to LE as he or she would have thought that Willow was with her mom subsequent to the sighting. Therefore, some valuable winesses may have not reported sightings in this case.

So either LE knew very quickly what happened and didn't see any need to correct the moms statement or she didn't change her story until after the arrest.

Hope I'm making some sense....

K9sRus thank you for the informative post and :welcome5:

I'm not saying the crime itself occurred in the home - I think it happened in the yard and I think he took her out there, way in the back, as not to leave anything in the house...jmo

Now see the way I think... he wouldn't have been able to see outside at night to do what he had done to her.I thought time of death was around 11pm..but I could be wrong on that.Someone can correct me on that.

I'm sure they have poured over every inch of the property by now.

l'm surprised that once the case broke that they didn't bring cadaver dogs in, or maybe they did? Cadaver K9s can detect trace amounts of material, for example: small amounts of blood soaked into the ground, teeth, skin sheds, etc.
Even crime scenes that have been "cleaned" can get hits from cadaver dogs. Depends on how good the K9 is, how well the area has been "cleaned", how undisturbed the scene is, etc.
Having hundreds of searchers trample the point last seen provides a challenge for both Trailing and Cadaver K9s. I've seen Trailing K9s that can trail someone that has been riding in a car. But I'm not aware of a Cadaver K9 that can trace a body that has been wrapped in plastic and transported.

SNIPPED for space
FWIW, there is a reason the perp told LE he masturbated in the bathroom.
He didn't throw that out there only for the timeline IMOO
Have a good afternoon.

Yep - I agree CHERIE. T - excuse if sea men were found on the body

FWIW: incest is taught! it's a cycle!

:Welcome1:
Hi all. I'm new to this group. I stumbled across you guys when searching for more info on Willow Long when she went missing and of course I can't tear myself away. I just received my permission to post (been waiting for over 24 hours) and I'd like to shed some light on some questions that were posed in the #2 and #3 discusions. Not sure how to quote those from here or if I even can?
A few people had asked why the search K9s didn't hit on the possible crime scenes? Mainly because at the time thats not what they were being asked to look for. Search K9s fall into 2 main categories: Live Find & Cadaver
Some K9s are certified in both disciplines however they are instructed as to what they should be looking for when they begin their search. A well trained cross functional K9 should not alert on cadaver when they are searching for live. It's my understanding that the Search K9s were used at the beginning of the search for a missing child, thought to be living, so that explains why they may not have alerted on cadaver.
It's not unheard of, though for a dog to alert on cadaver even when searching for live, IF they've been exposed to cadaver. But this is the reason FEMA doesn't want cross trained dogs on disasters when time is of the essence and they are looking for survivors.

I am fairly new myself and mostly a :lurk: er. But great info and thanks!

Every time I think the folks here at WS just couldn't get any more intelligent, someone like you walks in the door. :wink:

Thank you for joining us and thank you for adding your vast knowledge to the WS Mensa pool!

:welcome:

I'm not saying the crime itself occurred in the home - I think it happened in the yard and I think he took her out there, way in the back, as not to leave anything in the house...jmo

happened at the the other crime scene IMHO - no way State of IL K9 wouldn't have hit on the yard as per JDs "confession"

Same with the bathroom

Illinois DCFS took Willow Long's 3-year-old brother into custody on Sept 10th. Both the mother and uncle are under investigation

https://twitter.com/FOX2now

FYI this does not open sleuthing on the mother as she has not been named a suspect.

That is strange that one of the twitters says DCFS took the brother on the 10th!

For them to take the child, there had to be an official complaint filed with them, I'd think. I wouldn't think they could read and hear about the case and just decide to take the child. Somethings up!

So if that is the case then how is her story even possible?

Have they released any interview statements from the mother or just what her father said and the reporters?

I just want to confirm the facts and I am constantly trying to catch up and I think I keep missing important information lol.. I should just quit my job and sleuth :floorlaugh:

BBM. That's the question of the day. Her statements were obviously not truthful. Some feel she may have lied out of fear of appearing unfit for being out that night, or not checking on the kids sooner the next morning.

Not only did the mom lie, but I believe continued to lie for quite some time (unless LE figured out what happened very quickly).

I say this because if Mom had quickly turned around and told LE the truth before they suspected the uncle I think LE would have changed the circumstances surrounding the time Willow was last seen that they reported to the public.

For example, if a neighbor saw her late Saturday night or very early Sunday morning, that neighbor would not bother to report that sighting to LE as he or she would have thought that Willow was with her mom subsequent to the sighting. Therefore, some valuable winesses may have not reported sightings in this case.

So either LE knew very quickly what happened and didn't see any need to correct the moms statement or she didn't change her story until after the arrest.

Hope I'm making some sense....

Just playing devil's advocate for a moment.... What if Mom did come clean and tell the truth quickly, but LE chose not to release this because they didn't want JD to know they suspected him? What if someone was watching him, waiting to see if he returned to the crime scene or disposed of a weapon or anything like that. Just a thought.

I honestly have no idea what to think of CD. Maybe she lied, maybe media reported it wrong, maybe she came clean, maybe she didn't, maybe she helped cover for her brother on purpose. I haven't got the slightest idea.

Nurse's link on the previous page says someone called in a report on the little boy on Sunday.

Someone knows something. Maybe knows the little boy was alone in the house for a period of time? But, as of Sunday, doesn't seem like anyone knew that CD was out and her children were in her brother's "care" and that he would have left the child home alone, while he did his evil work. Hmmm!

"Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed."

I am confused, so perhaps someone can explain this to me. We can't post personal information (like where mom was during the time) even though it's been publicly posted...I get that. But, it then says we can talk about family members as facts are discussed.

...I'm confused. :( Can someone define what is okay to discuss and what is not, regarding Willow's case? I am new here and I do NOT want to get myself in trouble, but I am confused by the rule. Thank you in advance.

sleuth on your own & once "allowed", offer . . . that's my 2 cents

WS respects victims & victim's family - Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads