GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought... I think JD would have left the little boy home while he did whatever he did... because he wouldn't have taken the chance of being caught returning with only the boy and no Willow - what would he have said about where she was? If he gets caught returning alone - with the boy in the house - he can just act like he stepped out for a while after they were both asleep - and he has no idea where Willow is...

Maybe you just didn't understand it. Many people are angry, upset, fearful, confused, saddened, stressed and traumatized, and they are acting irrationally and are having trouble channeling their emotions and expressing themselves in healthy ways. I think it's certainly understandable that people are having trouble dealing with this little girl's murder and are doing and saying things that they wouldn't do or say under normal conditions. Given what we know about PTSD and clinical depression, I believe that these kinds of cases have far more victims than we'll ever know.

:seeya: I understood what you were saying, I just don't agree.

This is absolutely heartbreaking!!!!

This is why I do not join or participate in FB groups. I cannot bear to see people judging these families for what these judgers have no clue about. I find people that do this despicable. These family members are victims as well and in deep grief.

I don't understand what it is about certain people that want to lash out and be cruel to family members who absolutely could never imagine the most unspeakable thing happening. There is no greater loss than that of a child and to have it happen in such a horrific way is unbearable. Why do people want to add salt to their wounds? Are they not capable of empathy towards others loss?

People driving by and staring at their house? Seriously? These people need to go home and take care of their own affairs and be thankful that they are not the ones suffering this loss.

WTH is wrong with people? Seriously........

I feel being on this site elements of voyeurism as well. Mostly, no one can do much. We all have our reasons.

Maybe you just didn't understand it. Many people are angry, upset, fearful, confused, saddened, stressed and traumatized, and they are acting irrationally and are having trouble channeling their emotions and expressing themselves in healthy ways. I think it's certainly understandable that people are having trouble dealing with this little girl's murder and are doing and saying things that they wouldn't do or say under normal conditions. Given what we know about PTSD and clinical depression, I believe that these kinds of cases have far more victims than we'll ever know.

I definitely think these cases can have a big effect on someone, but to bring up PTSD and clinical depression seems to be going too far. How do you get PTSD from someone you never met being killed? If someone actually becomes clinically depressed over a case, they had major issues to begin with. I'm not talking about simply crying over a case. A year from now, the victim's family will still be dealing with this, still reeling over it, going to the trial, etc...where will all of the people who are apparently so traumatized will have forgotten, moved on, etc.

ETA: If you were truly emotionally effected by this case, you would have empathy for the rest of the family. You wouldn't treat the house as some tourist attraction.

About the DCFS call - I wondered if it could've been a member of the community who had suspicions about Willow's disappearance, but who didn't want to make themselves known to police for whatever reason, and figured that might be a way to draw officials attention to the family.

Also could've been LE I'm sure, but then I wonder whether they would use a hotline?

Perhaps someone called the state or national hotline and somewhere there made the report.

I haven't read all of the comments for the last few pages, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat.

That interview with the grandmother was absolutely heartbreaking. The fact they are getting negativity from the townspeople blows my mind as well. Townspeople are outraged, I get that, but directing it at the grandparents I don't get.

However, what I find even more heartbreaking is the location upon which they decided to do the interview. Grandpa and Grandma know what JD's "story" is. They know about the brush pile in the backyard. That interview team knew it would effect her just being in the back of that house, which would add to her already devastated state, which would boost their interview. Most of the interview was centered on that pile of brush, not on Grandma. I find it not only distasteful of the news crew, but absolutely despicable and cruel. They could have chosen the front porch, or a livingroom with lighting, or the front yard. That poor woman has suffered, is suffering, and will suffer enough at the loss of her cool whip & pancakes loving granddaughter. That interview has me fuming.

[Edited to add because I was typing during] Welcome to the thread, YaYa, glad you joined us. : )

I cant believe today is the day where I talk about this case..most of the time I lurk and sleuth on my own..you guys and gals are so good that you have it all covered. This is the case that has shaken me...not right..this little girl with the red hair and mischievious eyes has shaken me..I don't know where t o begin or end so I will ramble.( forgive me.) My heart goes out to the grandma..she has lost her grandchild or both..she has lost her son...I cannot even fathom it....I was a single mother of two and as my kids say Im hard..chin up...pull your boots up and go on type...since my daughter had my granddaughter a whole new world has opened up...I cannot imagine losing my granddaughter and the the fact that one of my children was responsible would put the final nail in my coffin..My entire soul goes out to this woman...Thanks for listening.

I cant believe today is the day where I talk about this case..most of the time I lurk and sleuth on my own..you guys and gals are so good that you have it all covered. This is the case that has shaken me...not right..this little girl with the red hair and mischievious eyes has shaken me..I don't know where t o begin or end so I will ramble.( forgive me.) My heart goes out to the grandma..she has lost her grandchild or both..she has lost her son...I cannot even fathom it....I was a single mother of two and as my kids say Im hard..chin up...pull your boots up and go on type...since my daughter had my granddaughter a whole new world has opened up...I cannot imagine losing my granddaughter and the the fact that one of my children was responsible would put the final nail in my coffin..My entire soul goes out to this woman...Thanks for listening.

Welcome to the thread YaYa.

Welcome to the thread YaYa.

Thanks popsicle...been here since post #1..its been tough..the more they let out the tougher its been...I have a first cousin with that hair and those eyes...the grandma sent me lunging over the edge...how do people even grasp this?..I cant.

There's emotions in these cases that we aren't equipped to deal with as yet. Some people go right to conclusions, anger, and hate. Being on this WS forum is somewhat a learning experience, IMO, because we're expected to not bash and we learn to express ourselves appropriately.

It's hard to find any compassion or sympathy for a young man who for whatever reason killed his own niece he was suppose to be babysitting, or to feel sorry for some drug addict mother who ends up burning her child in the backyard because she was afraid they'd take away her other children. I understand that, but the people who go right to violent anger and hate have me worried too. Just saying.

After 50 yrs on this planet...my job is not to judge...I have no idea why people do the things they do..really..sometimes I don't even come close..my job as I see it ..is to the best that I know how..to stay true to myself and realize...it could be me or someone I know in this situation..by the grace of God there go I..Im soul sick.

My heart breaks for the grandmother. That interview was just so sad. :cry: I hope people leave her alone. I do believe that some people may be taking their feelings out on the grandparents for the mother lying, the son being arrested for being involved and the grandfather's comments. He was clearly in shock! I'm sure some of the locals are furious at searching for little Willow, only to find out a family member is responsible. It's not right and hopefully, the grandparents stay off SM sites and are able to grieve in private.

One thing I did hear in the interview, was CD called the grandparent's first and they instructed her to call 911. I don't know what CD thought she would accomplish calling her parents in another state (I think they were in a different state or hours away), while on the road, before calling LE. My first thought would be to dial 911! JMO

What was wrong with JD and CD that neither thought to call 911. Obviously JD was guilty as sin. But come on CD should have been straight on the phone when she realised her little girl was gone!

My heart breaks for the grandmother. That interview was just so sad. :cry: I hope people leave her alone. I do believe that some people may be taking their feelings out on the grandparents for the mother lying, the son being arrested for being involved and the grandfather's comments. He was clearly in shock! I'm sure some of the locals are furious at searching for little Willow, only to find out a family member is responsible. It's not right and hopefully, the grandparents stay off SM sites and are able to grieve in private.

One thing I did hear in the interview, was CD called the grandparent's first and they instructed her to call 911. I don't know what CD thought she would accomplish calling her parents in another state (I think they were in a different state or hours away), while on the road, before calling LE. My first thought would be to dial 911! JMO

Whatever she lied for, i think it was fear not nefarious and without realizing it could impact the investigation if it was her or JD who gave breakfast..im convinced she got the story from JD.

When she called the parents she was still probably in shock and also disbelieving, dont we normally think a child must be around the corner or visiting a friend at first? That someone took her and murdered her is generally the last thought process when the others are ruled out.

My heart goes out to mom too. I don't think she meaningly meant any harm and from seeing how happy and loved willow seems to have been i think she was a mum who loved her daughter. For all we know she was in walmart picking up a cute dress for her funeral or something for the visitation, or maybe just needing to keep her mind off it before she exploded for a littl.e

What was wrong with JD and CD that neither thought to call 911. Obviously JD was guilty as sin. But come on CD should have been straight on the phone when she realised her little girl was gone!

She did what countless of us have done, called her mom for advice on what to do. Sometimes ppl are afraid of calling LE thinking its not even a runaway but the child wanted to go out and play.

I became a gramma this year. (*gasp!*)

I never thought I could love someone more than I love my kids. But... if something were to happen to that precious little guy, it would kill my daughter. So... that is a double whammy. The pain I would feel over him, and knowing my daughter hurts... I am not sure I'd survive.

I do not like the placement in the interview with grandma. And... we have a "stick pile" and it's far larger than that... is that the one they say she fell on? Impaled by a freaking twig, really? I was thinking... like, a decent size stick... not ... THAT.

JD should have to watch that interview. Typically, boys LOVE their momma. More than anything. Look at what you did, dude- not only to your precious, innocent niece, but your own MOM.

Grrr....

Is there more than one stick pile on the property? In the video clip with Gma (link posted above), you can see a stick pile behind the reporter and her. At the end of the video you can see the house is behind the reporter and to his right.

I haven't read all of the comments for the last few pages, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat.

That interview with the grandmother was absolutely heartbreaking. The fact they are getting negativity from the townspeople blows my mind as well. Townspeople are outraged, I get that, but directing it at the grandparents I don't get.

However, what I find even more heartbreaking is the location upon which they decided to do the interview. Grandpa and Grandma know what JD's "story" is. They know about the brush pile in the backyard. That interview team knew it would effect her just being in the back of that house, which would add to her already devastated state, which would boost their interview. Most of the interview was centered on that pile of brush, not on Grandma. I find it not only distasteful of the news crew, but absolutely despicable and cruel. They could have chosen the front porch, or a livingroom with lighting, or the front yard. That poor woman has suffered, is suffering, and will suffer enough at the loss of her cool whip & pancakes loving granddaughter. That interview has me fuming.

[Edited to add because I was typing during] Welcome to the thread, YaYa, glad you joined us. : )

I agree with you. The whole set up of the interview was bad. The fact the news crew used that pile as the background behind the grandmother and made sure it was always in sight during the interview. They wanted to arouse peoples curiosity if that was the same stick pile.

JMO

Reporting seems to have a lot to do with how people handle the news. The idea that we have to BLAME in the face of a sorrowful event is getting instilled in this society. Watch HLN and you can see for yourself how some cases get reported in a way that promotes hatred instead of compassion. NG spent a whole hour promoting outrage over the mother that burned her child in a the backyard. I'd rather hear about something I can do something about, like look for a missing child, than spend an hour hating.

:cow:
Me too! I turned it off after a few minutes. There are so many other things NG could do "that makes a difference". She is looking for sensationalism, because we can't do one more thing for that child.

I agree with you. The whole set up of the interview was bad. The fact the news crew used that pile as the background behind the grandmother and made sure it was always in sight during the interview. They wanted to arouse peoples curiosity if that was the same stick pile.

JMO

It is odd. She called them for the interview.
I would think she was leading the interview and that she chose the location outside.

Maybe it was an issue with the location of the sun and filming.
Moo

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads