GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please put a link of of a type she/ he is ............. is. Which type are ya taking about? Isabelle?

No link. The type I am talking about is the type I have come to know in the form of my daughter!

With her funeral tomorrow I really hope that the family feel they can go and grieve Willow without having issues with people in the town starting trouble.

The 'people in the town' are the ones who went out searching for Willow in the blazing heat. They're the ones who attended her vigil on Wed. They showed up in large numbers to her visitation last night. They're also the ones who donated the necessities for her funeral. I haven't seen any of them with their faces in front of a camera saying anything about the family---trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Those are the people you're worried about starting trouble? Thud.

The 'people in the town' are the ones who went out searching for Willow in the blazing heat. They're the ones who attended her vigil on Wed. They showed up in large numbers to her visitation last night. They're also the ones who donated the necessities for her funeral. I haven't seen any of them with their faces in front of a camera saying anything about the family---trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.

I would be very worried about the mob on facebook that claim to be locals......IMO

ETA: They did an amazing thing with the searching, organising donations etc... and this has clearly deeply affected them as it has done me and I'm in another Country. I would hate to think that then people think they have a right to trash the Mother IMO

My impression is that one of you is discussing the way things are supposed to be and the other is discussing the way things are. We all know how often systmes run inefficiently or break down, regardless of how they are supposed to work. In most industries, health care, social services, etc, that is a dichotomy that is always in existence. But for everyone's sake, is it possible that we just call it a day and move on to a new subject?

BBM

Thank you! I agree! Sorry but I just don't want/need to hear all the discussion on DCFS and the how & why it works or doesn't work. I do understand why the baby brother was taken into protective custody. I hope that one day soon he is reunited with his family, but really with all that is going on with his family (emotions running high) maybe it's best that he is not there to witness it all. What I mean is this: we don't know how well mom is handling the news of Willow. But we have all seen how emotional g'ma and g'pa are right now. Kids,even small babies pick up on all of that emotion. So maybe it's best that he isn't there until things start to calm down a little. God does work in mysterious ways :) jmo moo

I would be very worried about the mob on facebook that claim to be locals......IMO

So would I. I hope the family can grieve in peace. I also hope the locals that did help out, that risked their own safety in the heat get the chance to grieve too. Bless them all.

Not all CPS/DCFS employees are the same. Every single one of them goes on "human" experience and what "they" perceive to be the law/guidelines. To say they all see the same situation in the same manner, and would react in the same way, is naive and wrong. Each state is different, people are different, even CPS/DCFS workers. They are not robots, they don't all react or report the same things. Just because you have a "law" or guideline, doesn't mean that everyone views it the same way.

We have verified lawyers at WS, and many of them can view a case/law differently. I think it is very naive to "assume" that CPS/DCFS took the kids away, and the allegations against the brother and uncle, are just because Willow went missing and died. The allegations could be for a number of reasons or it could be because Willow went missing and died. Unless you are privy to THIS case, it's all "assumption"..period.

MOO

Creepy in what way?

Dressing up in costumes for whatever reason is a very long human tradition. Do you find Mardi Gras Indians creepy?

Just stuff to think about, not trying to pick a fight. I know that any subculture we're not familiar with can seem strange, but there's no reason to automatically inject actual fear into it.

Lol, I find ALL of it creepy; clowns, Star Trek conventions, Mardi Gras, Disney World costumed characters, mall Santas......I don't think the PEOPLE are creepy, just the whole idea of obscuring your appearance is unsettling to me, personally.

I had a friend once who was also afraid of clowns and when someone asked her why she said "If you are on the level, then why can't I see your face?":floorlaugh:

That always struck me as funny and also summed up my own uncomfortable feeling about it. :blushing:

Don't really want to insinuate, but maybe creepy in the way of being out of touch with reality. Not sure what anime would have to do with Mardi Gras Indians.

Depends on your point of reference. I'm from Louisiana and Mardi Gras Indian Tribes/Krewes are common here. Again, point of reference.

thanks for the responses to my post about time of death. i'm still not convinced of the timeline...the ME (medical examiner) can only get so close and with only JD's story for reference, perhaps he might have been off a few hours? is that possible? bumping this:

http://www.effinghamradio.com/News/Justin-DeRyke-Charged-With-First-Degree-Murder-in-/17272838

"The following is Justin DeRyke's statement to police about the events of Saturday, September 7th. It has not been proven as fact."

I so think he is like Jodi Arias.

Hiring his own attorney for a murder charge.

What is the price of the retainer on that?

My heartfelt thoughts, prayers and condolences to Willow's family and all of the people who loved her today as she is laid to rest.

2ldc7rr.jpg

Willow Marie Long

December 13, 2005 - September 9, 2013

R.I.P. Willow :rose:​

The rules are always changing. I forget what the age was that a child could pick up a sibling from school. The age really dropped where I live in the last few years.

The rules have changed re head lice as well. Children used to be sent home from school. This year it has been determined that they pose no health risk so the child stays at school.

But don't they pose a lice risk to the other children???

If you saw any of the FB memorial/missing pages, any forum that isn't as controlled as this one you could see a lot of nastiness towards the family and especially CD. Obviously JD deserves the nastiness for what he did but there were many many people ripping on CD, saying her and her dad should be in jail for murder also and many bad things.

Obviously the community has been very supportive in the search for Willow but I don't think everyone is 100 percent supportive of the family and I feel someone could make a scene at the funeral.

Rest in peace beautiful Willow. May your eternal days be filled with sunshine, happiness, love and peace.

Rest in Peace precious little one. I hate that your life was stolen from you. Please know that there are many people who care for you and love you.

If you saw any of the FB memorial/missing pages, any forum that isn't as controlled as this one you could see a lot of nastiness towards the family and especially CD. Obviously JD deserves the nastiness for what he did but there were many many people ripping on CD, saying her and her dad should be in jail for murder also and many bad things.

Obviously the community has been very supportive in the search for Willow but I don't think everyone is 100 percent supportive of the family and I feel someone could make a scene at the funeral.

I hear ya, but if CD is on a memorial page through Facebook, that's a problem. If she is looking for support on any site on the computer, that's a problem too. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back