GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While I don't post that much, I've been reading WS for several months, and I've seen many cases where a woman will lie to protect her husband/boyfriend regarding her children, I've never seen one where she's lied to protect her sibling. Not saying it hasn't happened, I've just never seen it.

If I thought for one second that my brother had anything to do with abusing any children, I'd be screaming like a liquored-up banshee to anyone who would listen. I guess that's why I just can't wrap my head around lying to LE, knowing that Willow was already dead.

ETA
Scadder, I agree with you, I've finally quit reading that FB page, not just because of the hate, but also some who are ready to throw the whole family in jail, with absolutely not one shred of proof to back up their comments.

:twocents:

I was just on Facebook and one of my friends is circulating Willow's missing poster around. Seems kind of redundant now, though.

I don't think mom needs to explain herself at this time. Did she lie? Probably. Would telling the truth have saved her daughter? No. So for me it's irrelevant. Do I think she's a bad mother because she left her children with her brother so she could go out and have a good time? No. Unless she had some prior knowledge of his desires.
For now I will give her the benefit of doubt and all of my sympathy.

Great post. Thank you.

CD doesn't need to explain herself. She didn't do anything wrong by going out and leaving her kids with her brother. I don't think she had any idea that her brother was going to murder Willow.

She has my sympathy right now until something says otherwise.

But she didn't KNOW her brother killed Willow, so her truthfulness may have been CRUCIAL to the successful recovery of an alive Willow. By lying, she quite possible put the kibosh on the investigation.

Unless she already knew Willow was dead. Then lying to " look good" makes perfect sense. JMO

I have no problem with CD going out and leaving her kids with JD. I have a problem with her lying to police during the investigation.

It makes me wonder if she were not already aware of Willow's fate, because if not it would seem that the horrific urgency of finding a live Willow would precipitate a truthful account, regardless of embarassment over not making it home until late morning.

IOW, if CD knew Willow was dead, she had nothing to lose by lying to LE.

If she was really in the dark, it makes zero sense to lie and impede a potential rescue. (Again, assuming she didn't know Willow had been dead since Sat night)

IMO

This is what I think your missing. I'm sure she couldn't fathom her brother doing this to Willow so in her mind the timeline of when she last saw her wouldn't matter because Justin would have told her that he saw her last at 8:45am and thus to CD that is when she was last seen.

I'm not sure if I remember the timeline but she recognized she was missing at 10:46am and called the Cops at 10:49am. I wonder if her statement about last seeing her was to the cops on the phone right then or in a formal interview after the fact because accounts also report that she went out looking for Willow in the neighborhood. I'm sure the thought of her having been murdered or kidnapped wasn't her first thought. Her first thought was probably she was upset and was trying to run away or was simply out side with friends without permission.

In CD's case JD saying that he saw her at 8:45am was fact and good enough for CD to tell.

But she didn't KNOW her brother killed Willow, so her truthfulness may have been CRUCIAL to the successful recovery of an alive Willow. By lying, she quite possible put the kibosh on the investigation.

Unless she already knew Willow was dead. Then lying to " look good" makes perfect sense. JMO

I'm sure in no world or mode of thought that she could even fathom her brother doing this to Willow. That is why the lie was ok in my book. If Justin said he saw Willow last at 8:45 am then CD should have been able to trust that statement and bring that to police.

I'm sure in no world or mode of thought that she could even fathom her brother doing this to Willow. That is why the lie was ok in my book. If Justin said he saw Willow last at 8:45 am then CD should have been able to trust that statement and bring that to police.

CD trusting that statement is NOT the problem, as I see it- CD claiming SHE saw Willow and That SHE fed Willow is! Why? Why lie at all? Ask yourself if YOU would lie if your child were missing? I wouldn't and I would go so far as to say I couldn't. Every minute, every detail is important in a missing child case. It does NOT make sense to me. MOO and all that jazz!

We don't know why CD lied. Maybe she was worried about custody battle, and I don't think she knew that Willow was really in harms way. We can't judge her until we've walked in her shoes. I just wish we can get past this 'she lied' stuff. It's getting rather old and IMO taking the focus off the murderer in this case. WWWW=What Would Willow Want? For everyone to bad mouth her mom, or would she want justice for her murderer? Jmo moo

We don't know why CD lied. Maybe she was worried about custody battle, and I don't think she knew that Willow was really in harms way. We can't judge her until we've walked in her shoes. I just wish we can get past this 'she lied' stuff. It's getting rather old and IMO taking the focus off the murderer in this case. WWWW=What Would Willow Want? For everyone to bad mouth her mom, or would she want justice for her murderer? Jmo moo

The truth is Mom lied! Whatever role she played will soon be found out. LE said she was not truthful. I can't imagine not being truthful if my child is missing. Until I find out that CD had nothing to do with any of this, except lie, I will talk about it.

That's really extreme to say about a dead child...WWWW?? Willow would want to be ALIVE!!!! Just because some are questioning Mom's actions, doesn't mean it is wrong. As long as it's within the TOS, it's up for discussion.

Gosh knows it was important in the Anthony case! Grandma's LIES helped get a murderer off from killing her own child. I'll await the court process before I cut "Mom" slack. We have no clue what she will say in court to protect her brother. It's not like she is coming out agains him, is it?

MOO

CD trusting that statement is NOT the problem, as I see it- CD claiming SHE saw Willow and That SHE fed Willow is! Why? Why lie at all? Ask yourself if YOU would lie if your child were missing? I wouldn't and I would go so far as to say I couldn't. Every minute, every detail is important in a missing child case. It does NOT make sense to me. MOO and all that jazz!

Exactly. Why lie? There's no standard that says you have to personally feed your children breakfast every morning. Why didn't she say "I was lying down because I didn't feel well so my brother gave the kids breakfast around 8:15 and put a movie in for them to watch, according to him. I got up at 10 and discovered her missing" There's nothing wrong with that so why lie about it?

The truth is Mom lied! Whatever role she played will soon be found out. LE said she was not truthful. I can't imagine not being truthful if my child is missing. Until I find out that CD had nothing to do with any of this, except lie, I will talk about it.

That's really extreme to say about a dead child...WWWW?? Willow would want to be ALIVE!!!! Just because some are questioning Mom's actions, doesn't mean it is wrong. As long as it's within the TOS, it's up for discussion.

Gosh knows it was important in the Anthony case! Grandma's LIES helped get a murderer off from killing her own child. I'll await the court process before I cut "Mom" slack. We have no clue what she will say in court to protect her brother. It's not like she is coming out agains him, is it?

MOO

We actually know very little about CD's thoughts and actions. Everything has either been reported via LE, her parents or her boyfriend's Mum. She might have come clean much sooner than any of us realise.

The only thing that matters to me was her intentions in lying. And the only reason I will condemn is if she was covering for her brother. I think she might have lied because in fact no one was looking after her son that morning and she was scared of her parents or CPS. Poor judgement. LE knows a lot more than we do. And if she had no clue about her brother, I hope LE will use common sense and not pursue her further because she is suffering the ultimate loss and now has CPS investigating. I look at her and think, there but for the grace of god go I. I won't judge.

So what if she hasn't spoken out against her brother. He is still her brother and her parent's son. I'll bet they are cycling through different emotions and it's probably good that they keep quiet. It's a bit of stretch to suggest that silence means she is protecting her brother. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? She hasn't even been charged with anything. Why should she defend herself against public speculation? Seems a bit like a witch trial to me.

Exactly. Why lie? There's no standard that says you have to personally feed your children breakfast every morning. Why didn't she say "I was lying down because I didn't feel well so my brother gave the kids breakfast around 8:15 and put a movie in for them to watch, according to him. I got up at 10 and discovered her missing" There's nothing wrong with that so why lie about it?

We don't even know if her brother told her he fed them breakfast. Apparently, she called her Mum before even speaking to her brother. So could well have made up the story about breakfast and going back to bed to tell her Mum. If she's going to lie, she may as well as put herself in it rather than her brother who she hasn't even spoken to. I don't think it would have occurred to her that Willow was in danger when she called her Mum. Her Mum told her to call 911 so she probably just stuck with the story. Seems like a case of talking before thinking to me.

We don't even know if her brother told her he fed them breakfast. Apparently, she called her Mum before even speaking to her brother. So could well have made up the story about breakfast and going back to bed to tell her Mum. If she's going to lie, she may as well as put herself in it rather than her brother who she hasn't even spoken to. I don't think it would have occurred to her that Willow was in danger when she called her Mum. Her Mum told her to call 911 so she probably just stuck with the story. Seems like a case of talking before thinking to me.

If you're correct in that she spoke to her mom before speaking to JD, does the order of her calls make any sense at all? She left Willow in the care of her brother and she woke up and Willow wasn't there. Wouldn't it seem logical to talk to her brother and ask him where Willow was ie. did he give her permission to go out and play or give her a ride to a friend's house etc. etc. Why panic and call her mother before she talked to him first since he was the last person to see Willow? And if she called her mother before speaking to JD, why would her mother tell her to call 911 knowing she hadn't spoken to JD yet? Wouldn't you think her mother would tell her to talk to JD and ask him if he knew where Willow was and if he didn't know, then call 911 and report her missing?

I find I agree to some, why lie about the morning activities. And why not call JD first.

Unless JD did give them breakfast, well one child :( and told mom, so she stayed in bed. Then said bye and went to work. Making it seem both kids were fine and watching tv.

SO then when it comes time to talk to LE, that is the story she gives, but uses I instead of JD. Why, because that is how she took it in.

Nonetheless maybe in time we will really hear about why she lied.

Any news on the crime scene?

I hear ya, but if CD is on a memorial page through Facebook, that's a problem. If she is looking for support on any site on the computer, that's a problem too. JMO

I agree facebook isn't the best but why is it a problem to look for support online? Considering I am the owner of a mental health support site, (including people who suffer trauma and grief) I have to respectfully disagree. Anonymously or not, to have somewhere to go where you are understood and not judged, can be a lifesaver. (not referring to CD in particular but people in general)

What was the little brother doing all of the time? Would he be capable of putting on a movie himself?

Kid's movies are not very long

Hello! I'm a long time lurker of WS. I saw an episode of disappeared on Netflix, it was the Maura Murray case, I had to know more so I took to google. It led me hear and when I question a case I see in the media I normally head here for answers. I've been coming here for close to two years, but never registered until now. I normally felt I didn't have anything to add that wasn't already being talked about.
Willows case however hit in my backyard. I live less than 30 minutes away. I didn't know her or her parents personally, however I have several friends and family who did. When the case popped up in my newsfeed after church on Sunday, I prayed they would find her. Then, more and more friends were posting about her. My best friend called me and said we need to go help, so after feeding our families we headed to Watson. On the way there we were hoping she would already be found and our trip would be a waste. Over the next 48 hrs, we spent close to 30 in Watson helping with the efforts to find this sweet child.

Wednesday afternoon I hopped on here hoping there was a thread, it took me awhile to catch up, and took me even longer to get registered to post (my email addy had to be approved). I have a few things from a 1st person perspective that may clear up a few of the minor details that seem to be bugging sluethers.

I'm going to post them in a separate post, if anything I say is considered hearsay, (although I will do my best to state only things I personally observed and not rumors from other people) then mods please delete it.

Hopefully this is allowed and if not, sorry.

What was the little brother doing all of the time? Would he be capable of putting on a movie himself?

Kid's movies are not very long

I know my cousin could put a DVD on by herself when she was 3. But every child is different. IMO, N was sleeping when Willow was killed. JD probably woke him up when he got back from disposing of Willow's body and then put the movie on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back