Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said she bends forward in the car. I can't make that out. How can someone see that from the video? I can't even see the driver.

[video=twitter;877911542619971584]https://twitter.com/IndianaColdCase/status/877911542619971584[/video]

Yes. I personally disagree with the theories of him being either an Uber driver or being an acquaintance of hers/it being planned. He either convinced her that he could get her there quickly or presented himself as an authority figure. The fact that they've said he circled the area once before stopping only gives more credence to that theory.

For sure. I would be interested to know how far they were able to track his path. Depending on whether he headed to the interstate or not and which street he took, there are several heavily populated streets that probably have cameras...Lincoln, Springfield, and University to name a few. One would think he would avoid slow routes with lots of stops to avoid her trying to bail out, thus the interstate makes sense to me, unless he physically subdued her somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the Astra I suspect it has these standard hubcaps on
attachment.php
- in The video it looks like the front right hubcap is damaged. I don't know what it is like out there but here in the UK most Astras (ours are badged Vauxhall) would upgrade at point of sale and have Alloy wheels.(like a lots of the craiglist ads posted already - they have alloys not steel wheels and hubcaps.)

Attachments

• hubcap.JPG
    hubcap.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 284
I am local to this case as well, and this case has been driving me absolutely nuts, a very high profile case for sure. Like many others I have been scouring Craigslist for the make/model/ and found a matching Saturn Astra with the same rims, just posted down in Dallas, TX on June 20th. Maybe this guy fled to Mexico and ditched his car down in Texas before leaving the country?

Was browsing news for Illinois my eye caught Morton Arboretum, Lisle Illinois vehicle found burning.... in remote park area .....no mention about what type of vehicle.

Was browsing news for Illinois my eye caught Morton Arboretum, Lisle Illinois vehicle found burning.... in remote park area .....no mention about what type of vehicle.

Can you share a link?

I am local to this case as well, and this case has been driving me absolutely nuts, a very high profile case for sure. Like many others I have been scouring Craigslist for the make/model/ and found a matching Saturn Astra with the same rims, just posted down in Dallas, TX on June 20th. Maybe this guy fled to Mexico and ditched his car down in Texas before leaving the country?

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

I saw that too and thought of Yingying, but it looks like it's in the greater Chicago Area a couple hours North of Urbana: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Urb...78741bed308c334!2m2!1d-88.0709885!2d41.814386

Until we hear what type of car, I feel like this could be anyone. Lots of missing from Chicago area. :(

I just submitted the link to the U if I police email listed in the flyer, this is one of the ONLY astras I have found on Craigslist with those rims.

They should be able to track down the car, there aren't that many of them. Find the registration owners of all black saturn astra's in Illinois. They may not even have to check car dealerships in the surrounding area because of the age of the vehicle, I don't know. With the FBI's involvement they should have enough manpower to find all owners of this kind of vehicle in Illinois and investigate within a relatively short amount of time.
Let me ask quickly? What if the car isn't registered? I am totally clueless about this! Does EVERY car in America HAVE to be registered?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Let me ask quickly? What if the car isn't registered? I am totally clueless about this! Does EVERY car in America HAVE to be registered?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes. If the car had no plates, metal or temporary, it would be pulled over quickly even in a smaller metro area.

If the car is stolen or sold recently private-party, the current plates may not connect to the driver/new owner.

Since the public has been given zero info, I think LE/FBI could not get a plate number and has no idea.

Yes. If the car had no plates, metal or temporary, it would be pulled over quickly even in a smaller metro area.

If the car is stolen or sold recently private-party, the current plates may not connect to the driver/new owner.

Since the public has been given zero info, I think LE/FBI could not get a plate number and has no idea.

I can definitely see what you're saying. On the other hand, though, if they have no idea who the driver is, wouldn't they be imploring the public to come forward if they know anyone who's been driving that car recently? It just seems like they should be begging the public for info if they truly don't have any leads on this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members