Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah. That.
What's in view of the FBI offices nearest his home? On same theme...

Its not far from his house at all. Very close. I'm over by it every Sunday, almost. I see where you would be going with this, but as far as I know, BC probably had no idea it was there until he went for his interview on the 15th. I didnt either until recently.

Last edited:
Its not far from his house at all. Very close. I'm over by it every Sunday, almost. I see where you would be going with this, but as far as I know, BC probably had no idea it was there until he went for his interview on the 15th. I didnt either until recently.
but he certainly knew by the time of the vigil?
'I'm apparently good at it'
Anyways me question is whether any possibly hiding spots exist in full view of their offices?
Is that what is making him so confident? In tape.

The other recordings have not yet been released. While it would be interesting to hear them, I think that 29 is so critical and key, that it just makes all the others relatively irrelevant to the guilt phase, and I dont really think all that relevant to the penalty phase, either....
yeah, I'm not interested in them from the standpoint of guilt, but only to hear the wording and phrases he uses (and also how he may manipulate TEB), which I think are a key to how his mind works/how he thinks, and in turn what he may have done with YY.

Last edited:
Only saw three objections. American psycho, councillor, text messages with tb.

These must contain major evidence
but he certainly knew by the time of the vigil?
'I'm apparently good at it'
Anyways me question is whether any possibly hiding spots exist in full view of their offices?
Is that what is making him so confident? In tape.

He did, for sure... but he absolutely had to have her out of his apartment by the 12th, before the FBI got involved... and he'd have no opportunity to move them near there, as he was under surveillance almost constantly after the 16th.....

Interesting. It would be nice if she could shed any light on if the grounds of the plant have been searched.

I still think the plant is too close to his house for him to consider keeping her there, but BC does strike me as the type who likes to think of himself as clever, and it would make him look a bit clever if he had hidden her under everyone's nose for all this time.

I don't really think of it as clever as convenient. I think he might have put her there intending to either revisit or move her. And then didn't dare go near it.
I mean, let's be realistic. All he really had to do was drop her in a dumpster. Maybe even the one in his complex. And then yeah. Chances o f ever finding her are nil

He did, for sure... but he absolutely had to have her out of his apartment by the 12th, before the FBI got involved... and he'd have no opportunity to move them near there, as he was under surveillance almost constantly after the 16th.....
I believe she was gone before michelle returned.
Which means he hid her on either 9th, very late at night,but less chance of being noticed
during day or night Sturday 11, Sunday= before 5pm

I believe she was gone before michelle returned.
Which means he hid her on either 9th, very late at night,but less chance of being noticed during day or night Sturday 11, Sunday= before 5pm
He does very little messaging on Saturday, so I think he ditched the body Fri. night and spent most of Saturday cleaning (wanted to get it done well before MZ's return on Sun.) -- one could argue he was out Sat. ditching the body, but I doubt it, and think he stayed close to home Sat./Sun.

He does very little messaging on Saturday, so I think he ditched the body Fri. night and spent most of Saturday cleaning (wanted to get it done well before MZ's return on Sun.) -- one could argue he was out Sat. ditching the body, but I doubt it, and think he stayed close to home Sat./Sun.
Impossible to tell with car footage if he drove to a disposal site or anywhere t all after he kidnapped her.
he cleaned the car twice. Michelle said car never got a cleaning before so that was a strange thing for him to do.
I noticed the cleaning of the passenger side.. the other side of dash received an awful lot of cleaning and I was wondering whether it was from whatever injury he had inflicted on her at the time he kidnapped her first or from spillage while moving her.

The cadaver scent under the vanity may indicate he threw her into the bathroom overnight.. it just MAY. I'm not sure how soon post mortem a cadaver scent will be emitted from a decomposing corpse.
Probably not immediately, I imagine but that's a guess.
Other factor that makes me think he cleaned immediately prior to disposal are the photographs of his footprints. Cleaning left wetness. That had to be dry prior to Michelle's return.. might have taken awhile, more than a day depending upon humididy etc.

gazette have pounced upon today's submissions already
Christensen's lawyers say he offered to plead guilty, reveal location of remains
"Such testimony would clearly imply to the jury that Mr. Christensen has refused to provide any information about what he did to Ms. Zhang," his attorneys wrote. "In truth, however, within six months of his arrest, Mr. Christensen agreed to plead guilty to the charges against him, to cooperate fully with investigators and provide all information in his possession regarding the crime and the location of the victim's remains and to accept a sentence of life without possibility of release."

There has been almost no discussion of a plea deal in open court, besides U.S. District Judge Jim Shadid mentioning in a pretrial hearing this spring that it was still a possibility

This eh? Oh Right!
And, in March 2018, Christensen's lawyers mentioned in a motion that a document needed to be filed under seal "to prevent sensitive information regarding plea negotiations from becoming public."

Omg. If this is true.......
Gazette report is more thorough.
Stated prosecutors response was not available
It's all down to their response.
It also suggests she was not destroyed unless he states he threw her into the sea??

edit- or her location is in a place that would guarantee her body is destroyed by now. I sense it's weak.
It's a dirty trick in any case because it was defense that insisted on pleas being sealed.
They heard her mother cry yesterday, yet they quoted her mothers requests for her body as inflammatory.
That alone is probably enough to drive that poor woman insane.

Last edited:
Defense also filed a sealed motion today, may be an attempt to trade location for lwop but at the rate they're goin', I wouldn't be shocked if they're seeking his freedom (joking)

there woz I thinkin' the thread would die quietly for the few weeks...
full text of submission linked in #162 above which I recommend reading for their abhorrent treatment of her family..
Also remember defense sealed all pleas.
prosecution response to that is unavailable. they unsealed their own and did not unseal prosecutor's.
Brendt Christensen Offered to Reveal Location of Yingying Zhang’s Body

Fox has a bit of the story too, as usual they don't break their backs researching
Lawyers: Christensen agreed to plead guilty, reveal Zhang's location

Are they just purposely trying to blow my head up? There was a chance to put this whole ordeal to bed a year and a half ago? And they didn't ? So some a$$h0%% FBI agent or some smarmy prosecutor could get the big gold star? And what in the hell is the deal with everything being redacted and/or sealed?? Bull$$t....
And if we're reading this, that means the family is too..

Evidence shows she WAS in his apartment.
She bled, suggesting life.
In bedroom.
On his bed.
Down the wall...
Either way, the question is where is she now?
Whether it's real or false, he disposed of her.
Where did he do that?
I dont believe for a second he suspected he was being taped. No way.
Agreed. He woulda lure tb somewhere and killed her too if he knows he is being taped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel_008