Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #11 *GUILTY*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why does it seem, in our justice system, that in the majority of cases that the defendant has more rights, privileges, and ways to *advertiser censored** over the victim(s)?
not just yours, it's worldwide.. no idea what's behind it unless the essence of law itself as an art and a science too has become corrupt, probably from the top down, like true anarchy..

Profiling of these types of killers has come a long away and in this case, this choice by the killer fits his profile in textbook fashion. What a monster.
I think you are exactly right. "Occam's razor" principle seems to apply perfectly in this case and his profiling:

"Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the one that requires the least speculation is usually correct. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation." Per Wiki.

This fits with everything we publically know about BC's behavior. He must have left his phone home on the 12th when he drove around disposing of YY's belongings or his phone records would have recorded pings on various cell towers along his route.

IMO, I tend to believe the info released today. Dasterdly tactic by the defense team to reveal this info "under immunity" so that it could not be used at trial.

Also, I overthought his disposal method. As several others here have held throughout, he was lazy and used the closest/easiest place available. Occam's razor.

Please honor the memory of Zhang Ying Ying and consider making a contribution to her Fund. Even a small contribution would help keep her dream alive of funding education to further science and helping fund the goals of higher education for those without the means to afford that opportunity.

A pleasure to exchange ideas with a fellow philosopher. Indeed, a multitude of academic disciplines have informed this new science. Of course, the research can only point to probabilities but honing in on a profile can focus search and recovery efforts. There will still be aberrations but from the start I was hoping for a profiler to get involved in order to maximize the chances of finding her. And yes, contributing ti her fund is key!

I think you are exactly right. "Occam's razor" principle seems to apply perfectly in this case and his profiling:

"Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the one that requires the least speculation is usually correct. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation." Per Wiki.

This fits with everything we publically know about BC's behavior. He must have left his phone home on the 12th when he drove around disposing of YY's belongings or his phone records would have recorded pings on various cell towers along his route.

IMO, I tend to believe the info released today. Dasterdly tactic by the defense team to reveal this info "under immunity" so that it could not be used at trial.

Also, I overthought his disposal method. As several others here have held throughout, he was lazy and used the closest/easiest place available. Occam's razor.

Please honor the memory of Zhang Ying Ying and consider making a contribution to her Fund. Even a small contribution would help keep her dream alive of funding education to further science and helping fund the goals of higher education for those without the means to afford that opportunity.

I forgot to post a link to her Fund:

go.illinois.edu/YingyingFund

Also, IMO, and professional experience, her remains in a landfill would likely decompose at a much slower rate than is commonly expected. The way landfills are constructed today to meet EPA and Clean Water Act design requirements, there is very little decomposition of typical organic materials due to the bottom liner of the landfill and water drainage piping and top sloping.

One of my best friends is a Senior Project Manager for Waste Management Corp, one of if not the biggest solid waste landfill owners in the US. He has told me that paper bags for example take tens of years to decompose completely in a modern landfill. The reason is that it is a nonaerobic, relatively dry environment within the compacted solid waste/soil layer construction. So with very little oxygen and moisture, decomposition is greatly slowed down. The typical bugs and microbes that help decomposition just do not thrive in that environment. Decomposition does occur, and it creates methane and other gases that are commonly vented and burned through flares or to power cogeneration small power plants.

So I disagree strongly with the description of the state if her remains.

However, finding remains in a landfill after two years is a monumental task. They would have to do coring to locate material from the right time frame at the right depth (dated paper receipt type evidence) then analyze core samples to try and find material from NW Champaign (again papers or plastic containers/fast containers, etc) to tie that specific area and depth to the correct pick up time frame from the correct geographical location. Then it's still a crap shoot since a truck or trucks could dump in a different location than the typical dump trucks from that area.

It CAN be done but the costs for the trained LE/search personnel, protective clothing, on site trailers for office, supply/tool storage, decon showers, heavy equipment and operators, etc can easily exceed $100k in just a couple weeks. (Taking these cost estimates from the recent unsuccessfull search for the body of Kelsey B in a landfill near Colorado Springs).
JMO

Christensen described the contents of the duffle bag as a cat-tree for TB, to Michelle.
A packed cat-tree looks nothing like a bundle of clothes, an i-phone, a bag and some books.
Christensen is a known liar.
If Christensen had really disposed of her in this fashion there would have been no reason at all to withhold
the information from TB when he was feeling chatty. He was hoarding it like a secret, as if he had an exclusive hiding place.
I get stuck here because I honestly do not know whether LE did not search enough due to lack of resources or lack of interest.
If he had used dumpsters, probably every single dumpster in town received at least a cursory search from one of the search parties or the general public.
The word went out Friday night that she was missing.
The case was high profile very quickly.
It's not going to take tons of resources to tackle that landfill.. they can work it out mathematically and will know how deep to dig. They can probably even pinpoint her presumed location.

I just don't know she is there.
Believing this would have had Christensen committed to a mental institution for the rest of his life had his defense used it at trial.
I suggest they did not because they knew that if Christensen had been exposed to State appointed psychologists, they would have proved him to be sane rational and just did it for the sport of it, as the judge said in his final words...
To place a dismembered body in a dumpster in his own complex on a hot Summer's day , June 10, 2017 and to leave it there for 2 full days and nights where a hungry animal could have been drawn to it, or many is an act of insanity.

Christensen was sane.
Christensen refused to apologise to the Zhang family even though Christensen saw YY's fiance make that massive gesture when he walked across that courtroom to shake hands with Christensen's father.
He is wallowing.
I'm praying he gets high security with the El Chapo brigade.

Remember the 'leaked'/ 'accidentally left open' motion by Christensen's lawyers the day after Mrs Zhang cried hysterically after court?
Another 'unusual' manoeuvre?
Ballerinas , are they?

He said Christensen told his attorneys what he did with the remains last November and the attorneys discussed offering to give the information to prosecutors in exchange for their agreement not to seek the death penalty. However, although prosecutors considered such a plea bargain, they decided against it after determining there was no way of knowing if Christensen was telling the truth if the body could never be found.
(This makes sense)

Beckett also said the defense attorneys had to know that by making that information public, which the Zhang family desperately wanted, would have alerted jurors deciding whether to spare Christensen's life that he not only had decapitated her, he had also dismembered her.

"The defense did not want the information about what he did with the body put before the jury. ... Treating this young woman as leftover vegetables and throwing her out with the garbage," Beckett
said.

(this does NOT- it's not like she was just sitting there beside them all, now, was it? It's not like the vigil tape had not been admitted in evidence served to them, is it?)

"Christensen has lied so many times," said Zhidong Wang. "... We don't believe his attorneys have any reason to lie, but at the same time, no one can say what Christensen told his attorneys is true."
(Good, at least someone appears to have his head screwed on correctly)

This!
Ronggao Zhang, though, said he was disappointed that prosecutors waited so long to tell his family what Christensen had said.
(this exactly because the Zhang family lawyer was the first to come out publicly and state that the family had been made fully aware of the terms of the plea arguments at the time and that they trusted the prosecutors decisions.
They were clearly not even slightly aware of the contents of the plea submissions. This is a disgrace!)

Also this!
As for Christensen, whom he had begged to "end our torment" by revealing what he did with the body after the trial, the heartbroken father said this: "We hope that he suffers for the rest of his life, as he made Yingying suffer in the last moments of her life
(AMEN TO THAT)

Slain Chinese scholar's dad says her body may never be found

What is Beckett playing at here, exactly?

NATIONAL NEWS
Slain Chinese scholar's dad says her body may never be found
Posted 6 minutes ago

By TERESA CRAWFORD and DON BABWIN, Associated Press

URBANA, ILL. — The father of a slain Chinese scholar who begged his daughter's killer to reveal what he did with her remains said Wednesday that after learning her dismembered body might be in plastic bags buried in a landfill under mounds of garbage, he understood that his family may never get to bury her back home in China.

There is "nothing we want more than to find our daughter and bring her home, (but) we understand that may be impossible," Ronggao Zhang said through an interpreter at his family lawyer's Urbana office. As he spoke to reporters, his wife, Lifeng Ye, sat weeping nearby, unable to bring herself to speak after just learning what had happened to the remains of her daughter, Yingying Zhang. The family had shielded her from the gruesome news for weeks, but their attorney said she insisted on knowing.

"We have decided to follow the Chinese custom and create a grave site here in America to honor Yingying's memory," said Ronggao Zhang, who had begged his daughter's killer to reveal what he did with his daughter's body.

this bit
The news conference came days after the family's lawyer, Steve Beckett, announced that he had learned from Brendt Christensen's defense team that Yingying's dismembered body was somewhere in a landfill, giving the family a sliver of hope that it could be found. But Beckett explained in gruesome detail on Wednesday why that might never happen, even suggesting that any remains "could be smaller than a cellphone."
Slain Chinese scholar's dad says her body may never be found :: WRAL.com

Also
Why was his car cleaned so extensively and repeatedly if all he did was take the trash out?
He certainly didn't use his car for that journey or journeys.
edit, journeys to alleged dumpster, alleged journey or journeys to apartment dumpster, on the Saturday, in the heat of June 10th... to await collection following 2 days simmering in plastic...
No way is she in that landfill

For Ying Ying Zhang, her family, friends and supporters
There has been no catharsis in this for anybody at all.

JMHO...

I truly believe that Yingying, and her loved ones, deserve better. I do hope that they search the landfill. I find it appalling that our society has grown to give so little regard and respect once life has left the body. I know that fiscally it is a lot of money to do a search, but our society wastes so much money on war, political campaigns, corporate executive perks, material luxuries and other such contrivanses and commodities.

I wish that I were independently wealthy. I would finance the search myself, among other worthy endeavors.

Also
Why was his car cleaned so extensively and repeatedly if all he did was take the trash out?
He certainly didn't use his car for that journey or journeys.
edit, journeys to alleged dumpster, alleged journey or journeys to apartment dumpster, on the Saturday, in the heat of June 10th... to await collection following 2 days simmering in plastic...
No way is she in that landfill

I believe he used most of the gas driving around searching for the courage to do, and the subject of, his dirty deed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143
Back