Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #11 *GUILTY*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know they found and empty box of baking soda in his trash, but I don't think one box of that would be enough to absorb odors from an entire body that would be in a hot dumpster for potentially up to 60 hours
Baking soda is good for getting rid of bed bugs. Perhaps he had been neglecting his mattress cleaning since MZ had moved into her own bedroom.

I'm thinking that as soon as Michelle left bc was out driving, hunting if you like. He must have had an idea of time needed to carry out his deeds at home once he had caught his prey. How many tries did he have that morning? One that we know of. So as soon as he picked up YY the clock was ticking.

Did he cut her up into pieces? Did he have time? I don't think he did have time because of the need for disposal and clean up.

Maybe this Service will help YYs family come to terms with the fact that it's unlikely her remains will be found.
I do think he probably used up all the fuel before the murder. He would not have had any money for more unless he stole some from Ying Ying ( as she may have had cash for an apartment deposit). The lack of CCTV after the murder also leads me to that conclusion.

Press conference today at 10 AM.

Way back in 2017 about ten days after she went missing, I was told about a tip investigators received regarding what to look for and where. It will be interesting to see if this tip is mentioned.

//BREAKING/// Brendt Christensen informed his attorneys that after killing Zhang, he placed her body in three separate garbage bags. He then placed those bags in the dumpster outside his apartment

Christensen then took her clothing, cell phone, and items he had used to clean his apartment and dumped those in various dumpsters around the area

The private landfill where Zhang's remains may have been taken is near Danville, Illinois. It's about half a football field in width

Statement from Zhang's family attorney: "It is evident that any attempt to recover Yingying's remains would be complicated, would require government oversight and ... would have no certainty of success."

Statement continued: "To date, no search has been undertaken. But the Zhang family understands that the authorities are still considering an attempt to locate and recover Yingying's remains."

This info was provided under immunity in November 2018, meaning it could not have been used at Christensen's trial.

Prosecutors were barred from sharing this info with anyone, including Zhang's family, until after that trial concluded.

Said her put her in 3 garbage bags and placed the bags in a dumpster outside of his apartment :(
Thanks a million for the links Gardenista..
Well, F???k him, search everywhere except that dump.. no way did he do something that stupid...
Also there's an anomaly, were plea agreements not first discussed very late '17 or v early '18???
@DM2, do you have an exact date for that?

"If what that man says is true, it confirms he is a horrible and evil person... We hope that he suffers for the rest of his life as he made Yingying suffer in the final moments of her life," said a translator speaking for Yingying's father.

FOX Illinois
@foxillinois

·
41m

"There's nothing in the world we want more than to find our daughter and bring her home... We now understand that finding her may be impossible," said a translator speaking for Yingying's father. #JusticeForYingying

FOX Illinois
@foxillinois

“At this stage, with decomposition and compaction, the size of the remains could be smaller than a cell phone."

Baking soda is good for getting rid of bed bugs. Perhaps he had been neglecting his mattress cleaning since MZ had moved into her own bedroom.
Press conference today at 10 AM.

Way back in 2017 about ten days after she went missing, I was told about a tip investigators received regarding what to look for and where. It will be interesting to see if this tip is mentioned.

Where?

Zhidong Wang: The search is not just about the money. Prosecutors discussed factors at play, i.e. environmental issues, health issues. The landfill owners are on board with the possibility of a search.
@WCIA3

Courtney Bunting

@cbuntingWCIA3

·
25m

If Yingying Zhang’s remains are ever found, the family says they will return to the U.S. to bring her home.
@WCIA3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back