Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #11 *GUILTY*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@DM2
Beckett explains the immunity agreement in which Christensen’s attorney’s gave information about Zhang’s remains. That agreement means none of the information could be used until after the criminal trial.
@WCIA3

Aaron Eades
@WCIA3Eades

·
1h

The items were taken to a landfill near Danville. By the time federal authorities were made aware of this, YZ's remains would have been compacted twice, and covered by at least 30 feet of fill from garbage hauling
@WCIA3

Aaron Eades
@WCIA3Eades

·
1h

SUMMARY: BC told his attorneys he put YZ's remains in 3 separate garbage bags, and put those in his apartment dumpster. He put her personal belongings in the duffel bag, then disposed of them in various dumpsters around C-U
@WC

Zhang’s father said family members are “miserable” and haven’t decided if they want to stay in the U.S. and continue looking for their daughter’s remains or return to China.

From Christensen’s attorneys:

He placed her bodily remains in three separate garbage bags outside his apartment in Champaign, then placed them in a dumpster outside his apartment building.

On June 12, 2017, he placed her clothes, backpack, cellphone, books and other personal items, along with cleaning materials he had used to try to cover up the murder, into a large duffel bag. He then drove around C-U and placed the items in various dumpsters, then placed the duffel bag itself in a dumpster.
UPDATE: 'He is a heartless and evil person'

wDF did they not check the dumpsters?
Immediately or even later in the month?
Opening statements or Eades notes referenced searches of dumpsters in various locations.. that park with all the angel statues was one..

WHY? WHY? WHY?
WE received information here that a section of a dumps was cordoned off, that was in July, far as I remember. July '17.
Why did he not put everything in same dumpster, that's if his story is true and I believe nothing he says?

I think they said during the PC that some of her family knew about the dumpster, but they just told her mom today.
Beckett: For the first time this morning, Zhang’s mother learned the details of what happened to Yingying, but it was important to her that she be here for this press conference.
@WCIA3

Yingying Zhang's Family Told Her Body Likely In Landfill Near Danville, But 'May Be Impossible' To Recover

Christensen’s attorneys told prosecutors that the day after he killed Zhang, Christensen placed her body in three garbage bags, and put the bags in the dumpster outside his apartment building, Beckett said. Two days later, he put her personal belongings – including her clothes, backpack, cell phone, and books – into a duffel bag, and drove around the Champaign-Urbana area, throwing them in various dumpsters.

She was in dumpster on Saturday?
Two days later=Monday, that was day Michelle saw him leaving with the not overfull dufflebag..

Last edited:
this- landfills are searched very frequently and whereas there are , of course health and safety concerns, there are also multitudes of health and safety equipment available for this work

Zhidong Wang: The search is not just about the money. Prosecutors discussed factors at play, i.e. environmental issues, health issues. The landfill owners are on board with the possibility of a search.
@WCIA3

I listened to the old podcast on Gazette, yesterday.
Something disturbed me about Beckett.
I realised I disliked him intensely.
Today, I dislike him even more.

Beckett: Zhang’s remains could be smaller than the size of a cell phone, according to investigators.
@WCIA

Beckett was one of Elizabeth Pollock's law tutors.
#smallerThanACellphone
A cellphone is an object.
Ying Ying was a person.
Who pays you Mr Beckett?

On a sentimental note, that gesture by the Zhang family to create a Foundation in her memory, in a foreign country is a massive testimony to Ying Ying, her nature and everything we know about her.
It is what she would have done.
They honored their child's wishes and nature!
Supreme humanity.
I hope that they might be offered a life here, if that is what they would want just for closeness to her final stage of life.
I hope the university honors her intelligence and work in a way that will actually touch her family in a positive way going forward.
My heart is shattered for them and I have a frightening anger welling up inside me too looking at this sham of an investigation, bigger sham of a trial and the greatest sham of all was the sham search.

Courtney Bunting

@cbuntingWCIA3

·
1h

Beckett says they have not discussed the feasibility of finding Zhang’s remains with anyone other than Christensen’s defense team.
@WCIA3

Courtney Bunting

@cbuntingWCIA3

·
1h

Beckett says the immunity agreement was part of a strategy by the defense team. He calls it an “unusual arrangement.”

Why does it seem, in our justice system, that in the majority of cases that the defendant has more rights, privileges, and ways to *advertiser censored** over the victim(s)?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back