Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume this is why she complied. She Certainly did NOT want to go inside his apartment or anywhere with Christensen. He's going to suffer in prison....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, not like she suffered. If it hadn't been for the surveillance camera, he'd probably have gotten away with it, too.

She was undoubtedly so excited to go the USA, and then this one moment of confusion about the buses delivers her into the hands of a monster. RIP Yingying, and condolences to her family, friends and colleagues.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Just not sure why it's presumed dead. Haven't found the body or found the body, but not examined yet? Did the guy confessed how he killed her?

Glad they caught the of course but its so awful to read and think about what YingYing likely went through. So awful for her family...:(

I'm guessing he confessed to someone, that someone went to the cops, so then they said we need proof and sent this informant back out with a wire.

Nah, they investigated all owners of Saturn Astras, including this . they met with him, asked where he was at the time of Yingying's abduction. He said he didn't really know. They kept observing, and long story short noticed similarities between his Astra and the one in the video. So (skipping a bit) they interviewed him more, when he admitted he had picked her up but then he dropped her off somewhere. They then got warrants to search his phone, where they discovered the stuff about the 'abduction 101' etc, and from then proceeded to audio surveillance.

It's all the document - very informative https://twitter.com/WCIA3Erick/status/880970756586393600/photo/1

He's married.

Yes, I saw them in a black car a few months back. Couldn't tell you anything about it past that. And I just haven't seen them outside in or around a vehicle since; just inside.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The criminal complaint says that someone else lives at the residence with him. I assumed it was a roommate, but maybe not. Maybe his wife as you say?

She could have been wired or their communications monitored if there was back and forth fighting because of the intensity with which investigators were pressuring them.

:grouphug:

The shock you must be feeling...

I remember this guy too! He was on the dating site POF and wrote me a seemingly normal message but I try to always be honest and I told him he wasn't my type. I then began receiving really agggressive and vulgar messages from him. I will never forget this guy because his photos were strange and he flew off the handle all because I rejected him.

IMO, YZ knew him or at least had seen him around, even if he was just on the peripheral of her school/faculty group at UI. Even maybe just from a library or party etc? I'm NOT saying "friends". I still do NOT believe that she entered that car with a complete stranger she had never seen; she was too smart. Remember her aunt even said YZ warned her about using ride share services. Christensen was connected to that school. I could see how someone she had seen around campus might be an easier ride to accept; if she was in a hurry.

I remember this guy too! He was on the dating site POF and wrote me a seemingly normal message but I try to always be honest and I told him he wasn't my type. I then began receiving really agggressive and vulgar messages from him. I will never forget this guy because his photos were strange and he flew off the handle all because I rejected him.

Did he use his real name? You must be freaked out too.

Just not sure why it's presumed dead. Haven't found the body or found the body, but not examined yet? Did the guy confessed how he killed her?

Where else would she be all this time and still alive? I realize we all want Yingying back safely, but if the victim doesn't escape while the crime is being committed, or if they aren't released or left or allowed to leave after the attack is over, their chance of survival plummets drastically, to almost no hope. It's very rare but does happen that the victim is found being held against her will days, weeks, months, or years after the abduction. It's the outcome that almost never happens but we all hope for, and when it does we are so thankful.

But once you find the kidnapper, you're either going to find the victim there with him, chained up and held against her will, or if she's not there, it means she was killed. Police have been following this man for 2 weeks. Even if she were alive at that point, who would be feeding her or giving her water in two weeks? It's the sad reality that given what LE knows, she was probably murdered by this loser.

I feel so bad for her family, friends, and Yingying herself.

I suggest getting this info to LE or the DA or FBI. They may need to show he is a danger to women everywhere and has been for a time. Hopefully keep him where he is for a very long time. Just showing his attitude toward rejection & women in general may go a long way. If they haven't charged him with murder they may need to prove he can be aggressive toward women(strangers at that) Others at come frwd.

Oh man. This story keeps getting worse. I wonder if he's hurt anyone else.
Poor Yingying. And her family. I have no words. So sad.

<modsnip> If you look closely at his pics, there is one of him and <modsnip> standing in front of the Astra.

How long would he have kept her captive? Is that even true? He kidnapped her on the 9th, the authorities went there on the 12th and he let them in. He either held her there a very short time or didn't actually do that at all.

[video=twitter;880983932237434881]https://twitter.com/jennsullivantv/status/880983932237434881[/video]

I'm not too sure what ploy he used to get her into the car, but I think it's safe to say that he doesn't look Chinese, and probably doesn't speak it. .

I'd guess the old "I'm a cop, I'm a security guard" ploy is what led to her demise. Just a homegrown serial killer in the making.

On his fb there are pictures of a camaro with the caption "got a new car" from May 2016. Also from fb I think he's married or has a girlfriend.

I searched Wisconsin CCAP and there are no records there for him.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

So so one of his favorite movies is "Predator". Fitting.

I honestly cannot remember if he used his real name or not, but he used many of the same photos that are on his public Facebook account. I remember the one where he is standing and looking to his right because I thought 'that guy is semi attractive' and then I scrolled through his remaining photos and realized he was not what I would describe as attractive.

I have been looking through his Facebook photos. The picture of him with his diploma in cap and gown, he is wearing a wedding band. Anyone else see that?

Even if he left her somewhere alive, it's been 3 weeks, where would she be that she couldn't get word out, and she'd need water and food.

EDITED to add:. And he wouldn't leave a witness alive.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thanks Ven, we have to admit to this sad outcome. Hope every remaining concern will be clarified later. R.I.P. for her.

I suggest getting this info to LE or the DA or FBI. They may need to show he is a danger to women everywhere and has been for a time. Hopefully keep him where he is for a very long time. Just showing his attitude toward rejection & women in general may go a long way.

I'm not sure if it would help because I no longer have my dating site account so I'm not sure that they would be able to see the past communications. If they have access to his computer or phone which it sounds like they do they may already be looking into his communications, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag