Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for asking.

I'm ok but very disturbed. For my own sanity, I keep finding myself wanting to... not defend him... but just remind everyone that even people who do bad things are still people. Not because I think he's innocent or that what happened to Yingying is in anyway ok. But this is a couple that I saw and worked out next to for two hours every weekday for a few years. It's like I want to humanize him because I personally cannot process that I was next to a "monster/kidnapper/killer/etc" everyday. I also feel some irrational guilt as if I could have made some small gesture that would have pulled him back to reality - butterfly effect idea. It's just a bizarre mix of emotions. Still trying to wrap my head around it.

Ugh, therapy here I come!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That someone may appear fairly normal is what makes this so scary. You always hear family/acquaitances of perps saying they could not imagine the person doing something bad, and for many people they are being 100% sincere in saying this, especially when it is non-family friends who are saying it. No one know what goes on in someone else's mind. Obviously someone who commits crimes like this is not right. If close family members/roomates often cannot identify what turns seemingly normal people into murderers casual acquaintances certainly won't be able to either.

2 hours of working out every day is alot of working out. Great to be so healthy but you don't find alot of students working out so much unless they are ateletes in the college.

Thanks for asking.

I'm ok but very disturbed. For my own sanity, I keep finding myself wanting to... not defend him... but just remind everyone that even people who do bad things are still people. Not because I think he's innocent or that what happened to Yingying is in anyway ok. But this is a couple that I saw and worked out next to for two hours every weekday for a few years. It's like I want to humanize him because I personally cannot process that I was next to a "monster/kidnapper/killer/etc" everyday. I also feel some irrational guilt as if I could have made some small gesture that would have pulled him back to reality - butterfly effect idea. It's just a bizarre mix of emotions. Still trying to wrap my head around it.

I knew someone who was arrested for something unspeakable, and I kept finding myself wanting to say to people, "but no...he wasn't really like that," and weirdly, wanting to actually comfort him, after his arrest. It took me years to get to the point where I stopped this inner dialog that went something like, "Poor _______, I mean, he really messed up, but he's really paying for it. He's obviously a very sick guy. Poor guy...wait....not poor guy, weird guy! Sick guy! Not who I thought guy! He is literally not who I thought he was..." and around and around.

CNN has a new story up. Officials confirm BC was at the rally. Defense attorneys wants public to have "open mind." When I posted the link it went to the video though so I deleted the link since I was not sure you could post the video

Another video and angle (from behind) of BC at the Thur. rally with companion(?), via local news media (apologies if it's already been posted):
[video=twitter;881968352058650624]https://twitter.com/WCIA3Eades/status/881968352058650624[/video]

Another video and angle (from behind) of BC at the Thur. rally with companion(?), via local news media (apologies if it's already been posted):
[video=twitter;881968352058650624]https://twitter.com/WCIA3Eades/status/881968352058650624[/video]

How dare he.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really do hope they have something solid, and are just keeping their cards close. The information known to the public does seem kind of weak at this point. It's possibly enough for a jury conviction, but not guaranteed. If there isn't more evidence, I have to reluctantly keep open the possibility that he did let her out of the car somewhere.

This reminds me of the Netflix series The Fall. he even looks like the serial killer on that show. Smart criminals are frightening.
Meh.....i think he's smart in general, but not a smart criminal, if that makes sense. JMO!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks for asking.

That's very tough to go through. I don't really believe in evil or evil people, though I know many will disagree. It's maybe like the old Jekyll and Hyde story, no one knows, even the perp, where/how the ruthless, selfish, predatory side of the person gets activated.

Can you can say when you'd seen him most recently, whether he continued to work out in the mornings? He seems to have given up everything else he used to be committed to: academic studies, work, marriage.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I really do hope they have something solid, and are just keeping their cards close. The information known to the public does seem kind of weak at this point. It's possibly enough for a jury conviction, but not guaranteed. If there isn't more evidence, I have to reluctantly keep open the possibility that he did let her out of the car somewhere.

This reminds me of the Netflix series The Fall. he even looks like the serial killer on that show. Smart criminals are frightening.

He also plays the lead actor in fifty shades of gray. Ironic.

It is a serious TOS violation to try to sleuth another WS member's identity. Please do not ask people to identify themselves on the forum.

We do not have any Verified Insiders in this case at this time. If any locals would like to inquire about getting verified, please privately message a moderator.

This post falls at random.

liltexans,

You are doing a remarkable job monitoring and posting information on this thread. Thank you for all of your time and effort.

Mercedes

I'm not very tech savvy so I apologise in advance for posting the entire video from the local news last night, but I've been unable to locate just the clip anywhere else. http://www.wandtv.com/clip/13460219/wand-news-at-10pm-7022017 The first story is about a local shooting, but immediately following (around 40 seconds) is a video of BC walking at the rally for YingYing and the way he glances at the camera sent chills up my spine. Now it has me wondering.... IMO if he's got the kahuna's to attend this event, whose to say that's not YingYing's backpack he's carrying?
He sure looks happy to be there! :mad:

Question for attorneys: Since BC now has a law firm to represent him, are the authorities obligated to turn over all they have on BC, at this point? I imagine yes, right?

That's very tough to go through. I don't really believe in evil or evil people, though I know many will disagree. It's maybe like the old Jekyll and Hyde story, no one knows, even the perp, where/how the ruthless, selfish, predatory side of the person gets activated.

Can you can say when you'd seen him most recently, whether he continued to work out in the mornings? He seems to have given up everything else he used to be committed to: academic studies, work, marriage.

He and his wife came in like usual up until his arrest. We saw them last week.

In general, they kept to themselves while most regulars make small talk. But they were polite, courteous gym people. They were very focused on their individual weight lifting workouts when there. It was a bit odd that they didn't interact more with the other kids their age, but I just thought they were socially reserved.

Question for attorneys: Since BC now has a law firm to represent him, are the authorities obligated to turn over all they have on BC, at this point? I imagine yes, right?

IMO, not at this point.

He's always possessive Touching the female in the pics from this rally. Always in control.

I wonder if he was trying to persuade her and the police what a caring, supportive guy he was, attending the rally, devoted to his girlfriend, the very last person who'd kidnap someone. Though he should've shaved and put on a rainbow shirt.

Thanks for asking.

Right now, a part of you does not want to accept that someone you spent so much time near could appear normal and appropriate and yet capable of doing something so awful, It shakes your inner fears to the core, to realize how easily we can be fooled. Kind of makes us question everything and everyone around us to a level we are not prepared for.

I am so sorry you have been so close to this person to have such stressful thoughts going through your mind. Glad you came here and we're able to share your experience. :hug:

Hmmm... a very close shot directly behind him. An odd place for a photographer or videographer to shoot from. Shooting from above or side is standard.

He and his wife came in like usual up until his arrest. We saw them last week.

In general, they kept to themselves while most regulars make small talk. But they were polite, courteous gym people. They were very focused on their individual weight lifting workouts when there. It was a bit odd that they didn't interact more with the other kids their age, but I just thought they were socially reserved.

Wow, that must have been an incredible shock for all of you. I do think a bit of counselling would be wise.

Hello all, I too am new, long time lurker, and have decided to be here for Yingying. Having followed from the beginning, I am heartsick over this case.

Regarding the recording, to whomever BC " confessed" having brought Yingying to the apartment and keeping her against her will, wouldn't it follow that the informant woukd have asked questions? What happened then, what did you do, where is she? I hope there is more on the recording that we are not privy to, and that incriminates BC further.

My concern is that BC could claim that he was jesting with sick humour. That he will claim yes he gave her the lift, and dropped her off after she panicked, that he never took her to the apt or elsewhere at all. He didn't come forward about the "lift" because he was scared.

That LE's belief that Yinging is no longer with us due to "other indications" or some such wording, I hope means that they do indeed have much more.
In the article posted at the beginning of the thread it does say they now believe she's dead based on other parts of the conversation they can't comment on so yes there could have been a question/answer dialogue with a lot more info they're not yet releasing including how he killed her and what he did with her body. And I'm starting to doubt he was talking to an informant unless they told his wife or roommate or the person he's very close with that if she/he didn't cooperate with the operation they would take her down too since it seems highly unlikely for someone especially intelligent to confide in a very big crime with someone he would have only recently met. He doesn't come across as social considering he didn't talk to his weight lifting buddies all those years to suddenly meet someone and spill his guts to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257