Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not one iota of doubt that they do have much more. When I was in college there was a murder case involving a student and his girlfriend and his alleged "fantasy" confession to LE. (Victim: Bibi Lee). It was a nightmare all around. That isnt going to happen here, I don't think. I have a feeling the statements he made were extremely specific, detailed and verifiable.

I know this is far fetched, but I also know it has happened in cases before. Maybe it is the part of me that wants Yingying to beat BC at his game, but I had an idea that she possibly recorded something after she realized she was in trouble that has BC talking/threatening her/confessing what he intends to do.

I know her family said she is extra cautious and she is obviously very intelligent. How ironic would it be if Yingying could be the one to take down the creep who snuffed out her light far too soon? Far-fetched I know, but I really want her to get justice. I want her to have outsmarted the guy who gloats over his intelligence. Probably not, but I want LE w something he can't spin his way out of.

I don't think they have her cell phone right? have they recovered any property related to her? He would have had to dispose of it somewhere...

Are there other missing women from the Champaign or Stevens Point area in the last few years?

I'm thinking the same thing. The guy seems to have the "dupers delight" look in the videos thinking he got away with it. Doesn't seem to have any real emotions so it's possible this wasn't the first situation.

Are there other missing women from the Champaign or Stevens Point area in the last few years?

We need to include Madison on the list. He got his undergraduate degree at UW-Madison.

I definitely think unsolved rapes and attempted rapes should be looked into as well.

I also had the though. I wonder if he is always so possessive of the women he's with. The video of him isn't natural behavior I don't think especially when the closeness doesn't seem to have any affection connected to it. Wondering if he let people close to him in on what happened? Worried that someone would rat him out?

As a journalist in the mix during other high-profile abduction/killing cases, it's driving me nuts knowing how much the local reporters are privy to off the record from LE contacts. I've been on here many times dying to say I know who a suspect is, or an arrest has been made, or various details.

Most people seem to think the surveillance audio was bragging. In my opinion LE got to the wife or another GF alone and showed her how much they knew and/or she had her own suspicions. Wired her and had her run down all the damning evidence and push him until he cracked with the guise of "Just tell me what happened. Let me help you."

He was sloppy in the abduction and took a random opportunity he wasn't prepared for, even if he had been looking for one lately. Hence, DNA and evidence is either all over the apartment or they'll find a place he missed. And then there's his, and possibly her, cell phone data on locations.

Even if audio is inadmissible or he claims it was just a "fantasy" or the police questioning convinced him he actually did it, there's going to be too much against him to deny she was in his apartment. I'm wondering if they'll go with a "sex game gone wrong" defense (especially considering his open relationship and Fetlife account) or even claim she became interested in his apartments during the ride and ditched her appointment to take a tour of his place or both.

That or he'll really crack in the face of a plea deal. This guy doesn't seem like a fully emotionally-dead, tough sociopath - he's a nerd who probably never thought he'd get caught and is in over his head. Too bad Illinois doesn't have the death penalty to barter with for the location of her body.

CrimeStoppers still accepting tips that can help find Yingying Zhang

Champaign County CrimeStoppers is still encouraging anyone with information to send tips that can help in the search for University of Illinois scholar, Yingying Zhang.

"The possible location of Yingying has not been established,” president of CrimeStoppers, John Hecker said. “We very much would like to bring total closure to this case.”

“In light of the arrest that's been made, the family is now desirous -- at least we've been led to believe – they are removing the $40,000 that they originally were going to offer through CrimeStoppers,” Hecker said.

“I want to add that CrimeStoppers as its own accord is still desirous of information regarding this case,” Hecker said. “Yingying has not been located and we would offer payment of up to $1,000 for the identification of where she is -- be it dead or alive.”

http://foxillinois.com/news/local/c...epting-tips-that-can-help-find-yingying-zhang

That or he'll really crack in the face of a plea deal. This guy doesn't seem like a fully emotionally-dead, tough sociopath - he's a nerd who probably never thought he'd get caught and is in over his head. Too bad Illinois doesn't have the death penalty to barter with for the location of her body.

He's being tried federally. Death penalty is definitely a bartering chip.

I made the photo of BC+backpack lighter, so it can be seen more clearly. Not the same backpack imo.

View attachment 119424

Excellent work with the pics ELAINERA Serious question... Where were you when I was bursting a blood vessel trying to show every one his "unique hairline" so I could prove it was BC at the support walk? (There was no confirmation early on...and I was left trying to isolate/enlarge/paint & attach...from google video instructions, ugh.) And now it is all over the papers and internet....guess I should have waited.
I recently followed a case and found pictures of the killer attending 4 different events memorializing the death of NOT ONLY HIS VICTIM, but also of others for more than 2 years! It was almost as if he gloated over how caring and trusting people were. The staring vacant eyes "not caring about a life." And in every picture, scanning the room, looking at other faces, staring at the reactions of the grieving family members. Zero emotion, totally curious. But I digress.
I think the female with BC was a prop. (She just doesn't know it, yet.) It made him "blend in" .... I imagine a guy like him can not be alone.....he doesn't even trust his own compulsions when he is alone.
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-criminals-always-return-to-the-scene-of-the-crime

Two thoughts:

What are the chances he drove the same car to the march? And the woman that's with him - if she rode to the event with him did she notice the car? Did she ask "what the hell are we doing at this march anyway?"

Is it possible that LE found his Fetlife profile and used an undercover agent to initiate a conversation, start a chat, talk on the phone -- and he bragged to her about what a "stud" he is - and just last week he plucked a girl off the street and did etc... Could they do that? Otherwise, i agree that his wife/gf was shown what was found by LE, had her suspicions and wore a wire.

In the kidnapping fetish, there's value placed on a guy proving that he can do it for real, take control, not chicken out, know what he's doing, safe, etc. A ******** test, if you will. Women into this thing want experienced guys - they want a resume of sorts - and they will ask a guy to recite his conquests for proof.

I could totally see going to the march being seen as a cutely quirky date suggestion, especially in the first few dates and if he was using OKCupid. <modsnip> And that's assuming she wasn't a student as well.

Two thoughts:

What are the chances he drove the same car to the march? And the woman that's with him - if she rode to the event with him did she notice the car? Did she ask "what the hell are we doing at this march anyway?"

Is it possible that LE found his Fetlife profile and used an undercover agent to initiate a conversation, start a chat, talk on the phone -- and he bragged to her about what a "stud" he is - and just last week he plucked a girl off the street and did etc... Could they do that? Otherwise, i agree that his wife/gf was shown what was found by LE, had her suspicions and wore a wire.

In the kidnapping fetish, there's value placed on a guy proving that he can do it for real, take control, not chicken out, know what he's doing, safe, etc. A ******** test, if you will. Women into this thing want experienced guys - they want a resume of sorts - and they will ask a guy to recite his conquests for proof.

His car was taken by the FBI on June 15th (per probable cause statement), I highly doubt it had been returned by the march on the 29th. I bet it's still with the FBI now actually.

I like your theory about conversing via Fetlife! Big problem though...his activity there stopped 2 days before Yingying disappeared. :-/

Are you experienced in abduction fetish? No snark, I'm curious. I only browsed the groups quickly scanning for traces of BC and kinda getting the feeling of the community. On the site, the abduction folks seemed very candid, clear about their desires, and intent on clarity with possible fantasy connections. I didn't see anything posted about committing an abduction of a non consenting party. They didn't seem like they would condone that at all. Jmo

I could totally see going to the march being seen as a cutely quirky date suggestion, especially in the first few dates and if he was using OKCupid. <modsnip> And that's assuming she wasn't a student as well.

I have a feeling these two know each other very well. Maybe not for very long though.

Two thoughts:

MOSLYM3 Please stay around, I like your thought bbm above. It make perfect sense for LE to use an undercover agent to initiate a conversation....isn't that standard procedure for catching on-line predators? And you know the "best undercover cops are the men....they know just what to write that would attract the attention of another man." Absolutely, amazingly unbelievable- - - some old fart always thinks a 14 year old Lolita, wants to meet him for an ice cream cone and sexual encounter while her parents are out of town! (just shaking my head).

Last question for the night. (I think:blushing:) When the Astra Saturn is not available, did BC drive the Camaro?? Did it occur to anyone that Astra was ONLY the "pick up vehicle".because it was the only one available. And, the warrant was only for the Astra, because it was identified in the videos. Can the Camaro now be searched for evidence since he has been arrested?

And, on this site....hold your cursor over his face and different images of him start flashing on the screen, check out the FABIO pose, with long blonde hair blowing in the wind.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.okcupid.com/profile/WorldsApart689

Sorry, but this sounds inconsistent with my understanding. I reactivated fetlife account specifically to try to find BC and any potentially helpful information. It looks like the one BC joined is now gone, however I did take a bit to read the posts and familiarize myself with the content.

As expected, similar forums are about obtaining consent, safe play with existing partners, and generally how to have a safe role play. There are some inexperienced people looking for partners but they do not seem interested in the sort of details you are implying. The level of kink it would take to knowingly expose yourself to risky behavior/crime is not one that people would condone on those boards.

I have no doubt there are people with fetishes like that, or similarly/more disturbing, but a website on the regular web requiring registration/confirmation/likely having IP info/etc. would not be the place for people to discuss them. Look at how easy it was for people here to find him on that site.

Questions regarding where BC could have taken Yingying:
1. Where would locals consider to be the most secluded and desolate areas in Urbana? Native locals would have intimate knowledge of the area (consider how well you know your home town), therefore could probably name wooded areas, lakes, train tracks, back roads that would be ideal for dumping a body without anyone finding out.
2. Did BC take any road trips during this time? It seems like too short a time frame for him to have traveled so far outside the Champaign area, and unless he had a detailed plan of where he would take her already (entirely possible as kidnap was somewhat premeditated), he wouldn't want to be driving around aimlessly for a long period of time with a body in the car.
3. Has he committed this type of crime before or is it his first time? If it is his first time, he would have been more panicked and frantic in his thinking in wanting to dispose of body. He would have picked somewhere familiar and not connected to him in an obvious way; where would be the place that would come to mind for him? Somewhere he has been once or twice in the area that seemed secluded enough that he was comfortable no one would be there. Somewhere with road access, no neighbors etc.
3. He's a guy with a small circle, he seems to frequent the same places regularly (campus, the gym, his apartment) so I doubt he would have had familiarity with the wider area of the county. Which route might he have taken to drive back home to Wisconsin? He may have been familiar with this route that could pass empty fields etc.
4. He seems like a guy committed to the fantasy world and reads a lot of books, watches a lot of movies and plays a lot of games. I wonder if any books he has read dealing with murder have planted suggestions in his head as to how to dispose of a body. He's definitely a fantasist if he thinks he can go around kidnapping girls in the middle of the afternoon.
5. If it was completely premeditated then he would have thought long and hard about where he could dispose of a body/ commit murder, making it extremely difficult to pinpoint the potential wheres as he is a smart guy. Having said this, if the crime was so detailed in its premeditation he must have written it down somewhere, maybe in code, or in a deleted document. I think his search engine history would be more rife with things.

Questions regarding where BC could have taken Yingying:
1. Where would locals consider to be the most secluded and desolate areas in Urbana? Native locals would have intimate knowledge of the area (consider how well you know your home town), therefore could probably name wooded areas, lakes, train tracks, back roads that would be ideal for dumping a body without anyone finding out.
2. Did BC take any road trips during this time? It seems like too short a time frame for him to have traveled so far outside the Champaign area, and unless he had a detailed plan of where he would take her already (entirely possible as kidnap was somewhat premeditated), he wouldn't want to be driving around aimlessly for a long period of time with a body in the car.
3. Has he committed this type of crime before or is it his first time? If it is his first time, he would have been more panicked and frantic in his thinking in wanting to dispose of body. He would have picked somewhere familiar and not connected to him in an obvious way; where would be the place that would come to mind for him? Somewhere he has been once or twice in the area that seemed secluded enough that he was comfortable no one would be there. Somewhere with road access, no neighbors etc.
3. He's a guy with a small circle, he seems to frequent the same places regularly (campus, the gym, his apartment) so I doubt he would have had familiarity with the wider area of the county. Which route might he have taken to drive back home to Wisconsin? He may have been familiar with this route that could pass empty fields etc.
4. He seems like a guy committed to the fantasy world and reads a lot of books, watches a lot of movies and plays a lot of games. I wonder if any books he has read dealing with murder have planted suggestions in his head as to how to dispose of a body. He's definitely a fantasist if he thinks he can go around kidnapping girls in the middle of the afternoon.
5. If it was completely premeditated then he would have thought long and hard about where he could dispose of a body/ commit murder, making it extremely difficult to pinpoint the potential wheres as he is a smart guy. Having said this, if the crime was so detailed in its premeditation he must have written it down somewhere, maybe in code, or in a deleted document. I think his search engine history would be more rife with things.
I would just add padlocked storage lockers to the list of possible dump sites (but surely FBI is checking for any such public storage units he may have rented).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper