Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what other categories he participated in on that fettish website in addition to kidnapping? Rape, torture etc. or was his plan solely to get away with kidnapping then let her go but something went wrong had a change of plans for the worse? I don't understand why he didn't just let her go after she likely showed fear and he would have realized real life is no fantasy.

And to participate in the rally is scary it shows he has no conscience and is a complete sociopath so that kind of explains my question on why he didn't release her after she may have likely expressed fear. He just didn't care.

Questions regarding where BC could have taken Yingying:
1. Where would locals consider to be the most secluded and desolate areas in Urbana? Native locals would have intimate knowledge of the area (consider how well you know your home town), therefore could probably name wooded areas, lakes, train tracks, back roads that would be ideal for dumping a body without anyone finding out.

snipped by me.

1) Champaign-Urbana is surrounded by fields, so I'm not sure there would be one agreed upon isolated place. I think most locals would agree that going to one of the many country roads surrounded by fields would be the most secluded area to go, but there wouldn't be one consensus as to exactly where. (I am not currently a local, but I have family in Champaign-Urbana and I used to live nearby).

I don't think they have her cell phone right? have they recovered any property related to her? He would have had to dispose of it somewhere...
someone posted a link to an article in the last thread that said LE couldn't trace her phone bec it had been turned off. Her last communication was to tell the landlord she was running late so no she hadn't ordered Uber either.

And no I don't think she necessarily knew him. I once got into a stranger's car, not being assertive enough to say no. When I realized he was kidnapping I pretended I had called police even though I didn't have a phone. He panicked and let me go. Not all of us have street smarts and assertiveness. He must have come across as trustworthy and innocent, being a nerdy physics teacher at her same university. Might have shown her his school badge or fake police badge. Clean cut, physically fit, nice car, educated by the campus. She may have felt no reason to be in fear of him initially especially when her mind was focused on getting to her appointment as soon as possible and here comes Prince Charming offering her a ride.

I don't see how the university is at fault in any way.

1) Have the family or LE organized searches of the surrounding countryside with volunteers? It seems this should've been done long ago and the case has generated such outrage the volunteers would've been there.

1) Have the family or LE organized searches of the surrounding countryside with volunteers? It seems this should've been done long ago and the case has generated such outrage the volunteers would've been there.
The FBI was confident enough he killed her based on listening in on his conversation that they publicly announced it and said they can't tell us what was said about it. With their unlimited resources if they believed based on what he said that she could be in a field they'd be searching there imo but instead we have no idea what they know and where they're searching. To randomly search somewhere seems like a waste on our part although mentally it might be therapeutic to be "helping". He could have chopped her up and ate her for all we know.

The FBI was confident enough he killed her based on listening in on his conversation that they publicly announced it and said they can't tell us what was said about it. With their unlimited resources if they believed based on what he said that she could be in a field they'd be searching there imo but instead we have no idea what they know and where they're searching. To randomly search somewhere seems like a waste on our part although mentally it might be therapeutic to be "helping". He could have chopped her up and ate her for all we know.

True, although it seems, to me at least, not uncommon for families to organize party searches when a loved one goes missing. In this case the family was in China at first, but it is time to find her. I bet they would want to find her in any state, although preferably alive. Also, time to call NecroSearch http://necrosearch.org

I also had the though. I wonder if he is always so possessive of the women he's with. The video of him isn't natural behavior I don't think especially when the closeness doesn't seem to have any affection connected to it. Wondering if he let people close to him in on what happened? Worried that someone would rat him out?

IMO- I noticed he couldn't even let go for a second as he awkwardly reached for the bottle in his backpack.

Confess! Where is Yingying?

1. Did the abduction take place on campus or in a surrounding neigbourhood?

2. If it happened on campus, I wonder if he knew there were CCTV cameras on that street?

3. Did his car not have a tracking device?

4. Can LE triangulate his phone to see where he took her?

Most people seem to think the surveillance audio was bragging. In my opinion LE got to the wife or another GF alone and showed her how much they knew and/or she had her own suspicions.
Hence, DNA and evidence is either all over the apartment or they'll find a place he missed. And then there's his, and possibly her, cell phone data on locations.

Even if audio is inadmissible or he claims it was just a "fantasy" or the police questioning convinced him he actually did it, there's going to be too much against him to deny she was in his apartment.

That or he'll really crack in the face of a plea deal. This guy doesn't seem like a fully emotionally-dead, tough sociopath - he's a nerd who probably never thought he'd get caught and is in over his head.

This is exactly what I think happened. And I also think physical evidence is in hand.

I think he is definitely a full-blown sociopath, however.

Did they announce that he said he had killed her, or did we just see it in the criminal complaint, which was released to the public (because it's a public record)?

I assume LE are trained to look for such things. They often have cameras, etc. at funerals/gatherings precisely because it is not unusual for perp to show up. When in the timeline was the rally? Last Thursday? So they already had him firmly in their sites? In any event, I am sure there were probably multiple undercover officers looking through the crowds. It makes it hard in a college town because I don't think it takes a crime expert to know that the typical perp in these situations often is a guy in their 20s/early 30s.

I am sure that LE were probably extremely worried given they knew he had contact with other people/women. It puts them in a tough place because they may have a strong suspicion yet not enough for an arrest yet at the same time waiting too long could potentially endanger other people or lead to a possible hostage situation or whatnot.

The criminal complaint said that they had started around-the-clock surveillance of him in mid-June, so I agree with you that the rally had lots of undercover agents in attendance. It probably was never safer to be a woman in Urbana/Champaign than during those last two weeks in June.

Not everyone is hardcore into following true crime cases like we are, even if it's local and they know about it. It could be an in one ear out the other thing when it comes to the details, or they just don't think there could be a baddie that close to them so they just brush it off even if it does occur to them that a car they see daily resembles one on the news. People tend to focus on themselves and their own day to day issues and minding their own business.

Who knows?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I agree with you. If not for my obsession with WS, I can easily imagine I would not be paying great attention to this case if I did not know the victim. As for identifying the car, I don't know one brand from another these days, so many look similar and do not have easily identifiable logos. At least I don't always find them at a quick glance driving down the road. If a car was always parked in a specific area of an apartment lot, the I probably would not be paying much attention (unless I was a good daily news follower).

But you said it all much better than I can, so thanks.

Investigators obtained search warrants and started "continuous surveillance" on Christensen. And authorities say the ensuing evidence contradicts Christensen's claim that he had let Zhang get out of his car a few blocks away from where she was picked up.
"Christensen was captured on audio recording while under law enforcement surveillance explaining how he kidnapped Y.Z.," or Yingying Zhang, the complaint said.
"Christensen stated that he brought Y.Z. back to his apartment, and otherwise held her in his apartment against her will," the complaint said. It did not elaborate on the circumstances of the recorded remarks.

Based on that finding and others, Manganaro wrote, "law enforcement does not believe Y.Z. is still alive."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...chinese-scholar-kidnapping-suspect/index.html

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/07/02/Visiting-Chinese-scholar-feared-dead-as-suspect-arrested-in-Illinois/4201499005849/

July 2 (UPI) -- A graduate student has been charged with kidnapping a visiting Chinese scholar at the University of Illinois who disappeared three weeks ago and is presumed dead.

FBI agents arrested Brendt Christensen, a former Ph.D candidate, on Friday, his 28th birthday, in the kidnapping of Yingying Zhang, a 26-year-old visiting scholar in the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences at the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana.

Thank you FBI!

Any mention of BC's family attending the hearing, or otherwise being on scene to support him?
Also, I was extra chilled and creeped out by the OKC line about "wanting to experience everything." Yes, he may be an articulate video gamer with a high IQ and an ability to express himself, but he is no nerd. He's a classic sociopath in my opinion.

I can't say exactly why, but somehow I sense an almost suicidal streak in him as well. The sloppiness in leaving the online footprint, certain high risks he apparently took - this is a man trained in the scientific method whose evidence-based analytical thinking is deeply ingrained by this time. Almost seems more like wanting to get caught as opposed to grandiose sociopathic "I'm smarter than LE" thinking.

I’ve read that some people think that the LE have a relatively weak case against BC, and it’s going to be hard to convict. Let’s just assume they collected absolutely no more evidence until trial (not going to happen) but theoretically

1) cracked hubcap on the Saturn Astra as seen in video and noted same crack on BC Astra.
2) first alibi was a lie, and eventually changed.
3) BC admits to LE he did indeed pick up an Asian woman who was distressed, but dropped her off after panicking.
4) evidence the car has been cleaned, espicially on YZ side.
5) Fetlife member, visiting threads on “Abduction 101” “fantasy kidnapping”
6) while under fbi surveillance, explains how he kidnapped and held YZ against her will, and possibly more?

This psycho is going to do everything he can, to try and outwit the FBI the entire pre trial and trial process. He’s cocky, he’s brazen, he truly believes he’s getting away with this.

Sorry BC. It’s game over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member