Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a guy who is intelligent, good-looking and highly educated so that makes it hard to figure out why he did this. I think his upbringing would say alot. Was he abused? Was he a stepchild? Was he adopted? Something made him a loner. JMO

Just because he's good looking from the outside and intelligent as we know you can be smart and mentally ill. It usually starts showing up in men early to mid twenties then progresses. The stress of the PHD program could have brought it on as it sat stagnate in his brain for years. Trust me I know a lot about it from family members who have suffered with schizoaffective and bi-polar for many years.

I feel the only logical conclusion would be that the female he is seen with at the vigil is the one he was discussing all of this with. As far as we can tell, he didn't interact with anyone else at the vigil. Perhaps she was considered an informant at this point and was encouraging these gatherings and discussions to get more info out of him?

It seems that if he was caught on an audio recording at the public vigil, the woman he was with must have been wearing a wire? How else do they have an audio recording?

ETA: If it was her, she is very brave...

— He was allegedly captured on an audio recording picking out other potential victims at that same public vigil.

— There also exists audio of Christensen describing how Ms. Zhang fought and resisted when he brought her back to his Champaign apartment.

holy ****.

so the woman at the vigil with him heard his information.

Must be so hard for Yingying's parents to hear, omg I can't even

This guy is seriously deviant. Relishing and reliving what he did and fantasizing about doing it again.

It seems that if he was caught on an audio recording at the public vigil, the woman he was with must have been wearing a wire? How else do they have an audio recording?

Maybe she had a phone on and recording while on the walk?

Wondering the exact same thing; I fail to see what is innapropriate or unnecessary about the statement.

It was just my gut reaction. Seemed to lay it on a bit thick all things considered. I don't want to hear what a good guy he seems to be from someone who might have a vested interest at this time. From friends and people not employed by the University, I don't mind. I'm not saying the prof is dishonest or trying to cover anything up, but I don't think a professor is going to say anything too radical in this situation because of the impact it could have on the institution. I understand the importance of not emphasising any possible mitigating circumstances, so that's good. JMO all the way.

It bothers me too, but I know why. He said he was casted on BOTH arms. Yet, he's perfectly capable of sitting in front of a computer and typing. Are his casts bent at the elbow so he can sit, or is he standing at his computer and typing all long-armed like a zombie? Seems pretty uncomfortable and unlikely.

I agree. That's why I think he's making it up. Who knows.

Agreed. I spend way more time than I would like to admit pondering over how complex this person is.

I said the same thing to my mom and she said, "What's to ponder? He's one sick puppy yet he knows right from wrong." I agree but I'm still curious about his conditioning and how he slipped from reality to fantasy.

It's so funny how different people view the same thing in such different ways. I see groupings of windmills as art, the varied patterns of spinning are hypnotizing. Some are exactly the same, some are in the opposite direction, some are horizontal, some vertical...I find windmill farms therapeutic to watch.

Yes it is hypnotizing. I used to watch them in Illinois east of Bloomington. Almost like a fidget spinner :)

I feel the only logical conclusion would be that the female he is seen with at the vigil is the one he was discussing all of this with. As far as we can tell, he didn't interact with anyone else at the vigil. Perhaps she was considered an informant at this point and was encouraging these gatherings and discussions to get more info out of him?

Seems that way!

Drove by BC's apartment complex, the abandoned concrete plant, and the gym today. I'll upload video when I have time. There are a very unusual amount of cars at the plant - regular non-law enforcement cars, but compared to no one ever being there...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow, very interesting! Thank you for the pictures!

I think you can be extremely introverted (not the same as antisocial btw) and force yourself to be outgoing. I do it almost every day at work and yes, it's highly exhausting. What would you say makes him antisocial vs introverted? I don't go out of my way to talk to someone on an elevator, I don't like crowds of people, and I certainly wouldn't make small talk in a gym class. This makes me introverted, but not antisocial.

You just described me to a "T." I took one of those Meyers-Briggs tests and scored an ISTJ. I would be happy to be in some room 9-5 doing data entry. But as it is, I deal with people all day and yes, it's very exhausting. :eek:fftobed:

It bothers me too, but I know why. He said he was casted on BOTH arms. Yet, he's perfectly capable of sitting in front of a computer and typing. Are his casts bent at the elbow so he can sit, or is he standing at his computer and typing all long-armed like a zombie? Seems pretty uncomfortable and unlikely.
attachment.php

When did he break his arms? Recently or some time ago?

This guy is seriously deviant. Relishing and reliving what he did and fantasizing about doing it again.

Yep he's one sick puppy and should be kept behind bars.

I sure hope LE finds her soon. Maybe he will eventually talk like Aramazd Andressian just recently did after he was arrested. We can only hope.

Agree.

I was first thinking that somehow the FBI used that device to setup a portable cell phone tower and was intercepting all his cell phone calls but if he was not on the phone during the vigil then it had to be whoever he was seen with.

As far as the threat. I wonder if it was disguised in jest with something along the lines of

"If I tell you something will you promise not to tell anyone or Ill have to kill ya".

I also wonder if she knew him or met him from one of the sites he frequented because the subject matter of the other parts of what he discussed like identifying potential victims would have been similar to sites he visited.

Maybe the FBI had an informant contact him and claim to be a person who also frequented the same sites he did.

No matter how they got this far, It really sounds like the FBI did an amazing job on this case. Kudos to the FBI and investigators.

Maybe she had a phone on and recording while on the walk?

That could be. That would never work with me. My phone would stop and give me an "out of memory" warning. :facepalm:

Either way by wire or phone, that is one gutsy girl.

I also find those wind farms creepy. Lots of them in central Illinois between Rockford & Bloomington. At night it looks like a bunch of red eyes.

Maybe the uw prof made a statement because he keeps getting hounded by the media for his reaction and he thought that was a way to get them to leave him alone.

And I'm just shocked and horrified at the new info from the bond hearing. The arrogance is astounding.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

This is a guy who is intelligent, good-looking and highly educated so that makes it hard to figure out why he did this. I think his upbringing would say alot. Was he abused? Was he a stepchild? Was he adopted? Something made him a loner. JMO

My son is adopted and he is definitely not a loner. As a matter of fact, in his first years of college I would say he majored in socializing.

he was not in two casts recently, Gigtu. sounds like an accident when he was doing construction (roofing?) work several years ago, though I don't really know what age he would have been at the time.
Yes, I think it was possibly up to 10 years ago. I think the reason to point it out is to help determine his patterns. Does he fabricate, embellish, lie? Has he always?

It was just my gut reaction. Seemed to lay it on a bit thick all things considered. I don't want to hear what a good guy he seems to be from someone who might have a vested interest at this time. From friends and people not employed by the University, I don't mind. I'm not saying the prof is dishonest or trying to cover anything up, but I don't think a professor is going to say anything too radical in this situation because of the impact it could have on the institution. I understand the importance of not emphasising any possible mitigating circumstances, so that's good. JMO all the way.

Unless I misunderstand what you said, this professor was not from University of Illinois.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...edly-described-characteristics-ideal-victim-v
A University of Wisconsin physics professor who worked closely with Brendt Christensen when he was an undergraduate there was shocked to learn of his arrest on kidnapping charges, calling him a good student and "not unusual in any way."
Christensen, who faces a court hearing Wednesday afternoon in connection with the disappearance of visiting scholar Yingying Zhang, worked in Madison with Professor Matthew Herndon on experiments related to the Large Hadron Collider, the world's largest and most powerful particle accelerator, located in Geneva, Switzerland.

In recalling the video of him and the woman at the walk, he was determinedly holding onto her shoulder as they walked...Does anybody have the link to that video? I would like to look at it again with the new info in mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper