Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting insight, @Tinypeeps! This makes a whole lot of sense to me.

He very well could have a nihilistic, self-destructive streak. He also seemingly had a very rich fantasy life. He's probably also a little lazy/overly entitled (his sociopathic personality). I agree that, if he is indeed a sociopath, he might have (consciously or subconsciously) set himself up to get caught, imo. He wants "credit" for his work.

If he can't achieve greatness, he'll take notoriety. Hmmm. Yep. Very interesting.

<snipped>
I can't say exactly why, but somehow I sense an almost suicidal streak in him as well. The sloppiness in leaving the online footprint, certain high risks he apparently took - this is a man trained in the scientific method whose evidence-based analytical thinking is deeply ingrained by this time. Almost seems more like wanting to get caught as opposed to grandiose sociopathic "I'm smarter than LE" thinking.

[video=twitter;882266507392188417]https://twitter.com/ui7news/status/882266507392188417[/video]

[video=twitter;882249443428507648]https://twitter.com/veonews_/status/882249443428507648[/video]

[video=twitter;882238461255835648]https://twitter.com/missingkids/status/882238461255835648[/video]

Found 4 girls missing within a 1:20 drive from Champaign. Two in Springfield, one from Hooperston, one from Urbana. All of them went missing from 2016 onwards. Not sure if I can post names. Waiting on admin.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You can post names and the links for where you found the information. Do any of the people on your list have threads here at WS? If so, you can link their threads here.

I wonder what was in BC's backpack that morning? Was he going into work that day? Or maybe it was his workout stuff?

I wonder what was in BC's backpack that morning? Was he going into work that day? Or maybe it was his workout stuff?

He didn't have a job. The university said they had parted ways with him officially after he got his Master's Degree in mid-May. His lawyer has said BC has been job searching since getting his degree.

He didn't have a job. The university said they had parted ways with him officially after he got his Master's Degree in mid-May. His lawyer has said BC has been job searching since getting his degree.

That's what I thought r.e. working on campus. I doubt he was working too hard looking for employment. I suppose his computer will show evidence of any searches as well as other evidence.

Does anyone think he kept souvenirs or photographic/audio evidence of his crime?

I don't know if I believe he just jumped into kidnapping right off the bat. I think it's possible he escalated into this. What about a peeping tom on campus? There is always something going on like that at any university. Also rapes. He was obviously trolling campus looking for someone to take. He wasn't even working there anymore. Maybe if he disconnected himself from the university, he felt he was untouchable and no one would connect crimes to him.

Do we think there is a possibility they aren't giving enough to charge with murder because that would send him to state court and sentences there are lighter? I don't usually like to come up with government conspiracy theories but IL's lighter punishments for serious crimes is widely known to be a cause of Chicago's crime problem. I'm not a legal expert but someone here said that murder would send it from federal to state. Do we have any attorneys who can comment if that's the case?

I find it telling that her family pulled the reward. I believe this indicates they must be satisfied with the information they have about her lack of recoverability or not want the body found at this time. I know my family would keep upping it until I was brought back in ANY state. I think most families would be the same.

It won't be a federal murder charge unless it fits under federal jxn like if it occurred in federal property or military or national park, murder for hire, etc. She's not a child so federal charges related to *advertiser censored* or rape won't apply to get a murder case in fed court. Like almost all murder cases, it will probably be a state murder charge. Moreover, if there was a sexual assault (pray there wasn't) that too would be a state level claim. The case should go back to state court as most cases of this type do once/if additional charges are brought.

It can be part the goth subculture, yes. But "established" goth style usually includes things like trenchcoats, leather, rings, straps, rivets, pale makeup, dark lips and hair, etc. (See examples of more common goth subculture fashion at the Black Angel online retailer: here.)

He also liked metal music and was a gamer, and from the photos I've seen of him, he also wore T-shirts with band and gaming designs.

Black could have just been a preference. Personally, a large swath of my own closet is filled with black clothing. That's my preference. ... So I don't read too much into the color of his clothes, tbh.

<respectfully snipped>

Again a side-question, as an old-codger not in the loop of trends: the black apparel BC seems to favor, as well as his music & website/game tastes, does that indicate a connection to "Goth" culture or is that something quite different?

Nothing revolutionary to add here but just some thoughts. I watched the documentary The Cannibal that Walked Free last night and while it's extremely disturbing it showed how fantasy can easily cross over to reality with devastating results. It's almost like there is a tipping point where it goes from being a mere thinking point to a fixation. It's on YouTube if anyone is interested as I think it shows a possible insight on the whole "deviant" desire transforming to actuality.

Another thing, someone posted about a site he was a member of with the name Godzilla. Most likely an eerie coincidence, but interesting in the sense that his victim was Asian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can post names and the links for where you found the information. Do any of the people on your list have threads here at WS? If so, you can link their threads here.
All found on:
http://www.kfvs12.com/slideshow?widgetid=200062&clienttype=graphic

http://www.missingin.org

Ciera Kirts, 17, went missing on April 17, 2017 from Hooperston, IL.

No thread on WS.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1295210

Elena Perez Gomez, 18, went missing on November 25, 2016, from Springfield, IL.

No thread on WS.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1282921/1/screen

Samantha Lindsey, 17, went missing on November 2, 2016, from Springfield, IL.

No thread on WS

http://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMC/1281148

Takiara Palmer, 13, went missing on February 22, 2017, from Urbana, IL.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?332589-Missing-TAKIARA-PALMER-(IL)

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1289619/1

There is a boy from Urbana missing too, and a lot of men from Peoria, IL. Don't know if it's relevant, but for those who think it is, you can access the information via the first link on this post.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There is a young lady missing/deceased from Madison, WI in 2007.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-22-Madison-23-June-2007-2&highlight=Madison

Used SEARCH for Madison & found her, Kelly Nolan. Do we know when BC transferred from Steven's Point to the flagship campus in Madison?

Another post suggested a park as a location for Ms. Zhang's body. I haven't followed closely, but a few years back many Illinois state parks were closed as the state was broke & made the decision not to staff many parks. Jubilee College State Park for one.

Are there closed state parks near Champaign-Urbana?

Along the route to Steven's Point?

Regarding the speculation on whether this was his first crime: Can anyone think of any similar stranger abduction cases with a suspect of this type - highly educated, white, likely middle-class male, etc?

I think it would be interesting to compare other similar cases (student on student or "normal" youngish male perp) since usually an abduction/killing of a female college student is domestic, involves stalking a particular woman, or is done by a very not-clean-cut guy with a criminal history.

The only one I can think of would be Philip Markoff, the Craigslist killer, who I believe killed 1 and robbed 2, and was engaged and a medical student. Though he lured the victims to hotels.

Apologies if I've overlooked this, but has his FetLife profile been discussed? What is his handle? I'm no longer active, but I'm familiar with the community, and have been to Champaign-Urbana munches.

People tend to go where they know ... psychology of it is they feel safety in the known even if it's not the safest place per say to hide a body. Did he have favorite parks he walked, old buildings he visited? I'm not shocked he was at the march. Very common for killers to view the scene afterwards. A sort of pride in their heinous act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the speculation on whether this was his first crime: Can anyone think of any similar stranger abduction cases with a suspect of this type - highly educated, white, likely middle-class male, etc?

I think it would be interesting to compare other similar cases (student on student or "normal" youngish male perp) since usually an abduction/killing of a female college student is domestic, involves stalking a particular woman, or is done by a very not-clean-cut guy with a criminal history.

The only one I can think of would be Philip Markoff, the Craigslist killer, who I believe killed 1 and robbed 2, and was engaged and a medical student. Though he lured the victims to hotels.
Ted Bundy was the poster boy for this kind of thing.

He was very attractive, had girlfriends, was going to law school, good work references, charmed many young women into his car.

He started by discovering it was exciting to be a peeping Tom, then tried to disable women's cars to trap them, but it never worked. I don't think he ever committed rapes, just launched into a murder spree. It seems to have been a sexual gratification/power/control compulsion.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

There is a young lady missing/deceased from Madison, WI in 2007. Can't remember her name but will look.

Another post suggested a park as a location for Ms. Zhang's body. I haven't followed closely, but a few years back many Illinois state parks were closed as the state was broke & made the decision not to staff many parks. Jubilee College State Park for one.

Are there closed state parks near Champaign-Urbana?

Along the route to Steven's Point?

The closest Parks to Champaign-Urbana are:

Kickapoo State Recreation Area (31 mins)
Fox Ridge State Park (1:07 hour)
Kankakee River State Park (1:24 hour)
Jubilee College State Park (1:38 hour)

Through the route between the two cities (depending on the route you're taking)

Moraine Hills State Park(IL)
Chain O'Lakes State Park(IL)
Big foot Beach State Park
Aztalan State Park
Lake Kekonsa State Park
Sun Prairie
Rock A-Cri State Park
High Cliff State Park
Hartman Creek State Park

Near to Steven's Point:

Rib Mountain State Park (35 minutes)
Hartman Creek State Park (33 minutes)