Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really interested to see what comes of his female guest at the vigil. Accomplice turned informant, or informant from the beginning?

IMO only
This young lady may have met him thru the Fetlife site.
He had big dreams of being a Dom, I am thinking that he told her what he did to Yingying to keep her "in line". A you will be next sort of thing.
I am also thinking he had a recent experience watching or participating in a DOM/ SUB act and this is what triggered him to look for a victim.
With so many willing participants why did he have to kidnap this beautiful young lady???
IMO
His profile was updated within the last 2-3 months. I believe that the experienced participants on that site picked up on his creepy vibe and avoided him.

Stingrays used to be the wild Wild West.

On this case, it states in the affidavit that a search warrant was executed on a cellular device. Dependent on policy, governing laws etc. could have been used here, in theory.

With regards to how law enforcement learned of the suspect discussing this case; I sincerely doubt any of the aforementioned information gathering techniques were used. A CI? Maybe, but this guy deteriorated rather quickly, I believe. Thus, who would have time to flip on him? A significant other? Plausible. An individual wearing a wire? Plausible, although not nearly as common as many believe.

In all likelihood, the suspect was speaking freely about the case, I would opine. He asserts a level of arrogance, it appears to me. Moreover, I'd hypothesize the suspect is a control freak, having analyzed similar, unrelated cases. The suspect will not disclose where the victim is located, yet he knows. This allows him to continue as the center of attention, I believe.

Also, if the suspect does have a partner (have not seen a verified link that he is married), it wouldn't surprise me if he had engaged in domestic violence type behaviors; physical, verbal or both.

Just my thoughts. Sorry, got a little off track.

- Nick

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-07-03/accused-kidnappers-attorney-wait-whole-story.html

His lawyer states BC's wife is in the area.

"Bruno said one of his client’s local family members is his wife, whom he declined to name, and said the couple doesn’t have children. Christensen isn’t currently employed, he said."

My apologies if this has been discussed at length - but what is the nature of the apartment building? Ground floor access with an outside door? Stairs? I am trying to wrap my head around getting from his car into his apartment in daylight with an unwilling or unconscious YY. Or, in contrast, what would've been convincing enough to make her willing. I can see routes to charming her into the car, but the apartment I'm not so sure.

Of all the twists and turns in this case, this has to be the piece I'm having the hardest time understanding. I'm familiar with that complex and it would be really difficult to accomplish without someone seeing. I realize he's on audio 2 different times discussing how he brought her back to his apartment but still, in my mind, I don't think he actually did.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-07-03/accused-kidnappers-attorney-wait-whole-story.html

His lawyer states BC's wife is in the area.

"Bruno said one of his client’s local family members is his wife, whom he declined to name, and said the couple doesn’t have children. Christensen isn’t currently employed, he said."

A financial affidavit filed July 3 lists Christensen as being unemployed, while showing that his wife made $1,800 a month. The couple paid $900 a month in rent, $100 in utilities and $150 in other costs, according to the affidavit.

Chicago Tribune

Gaming 24/7 without contributing to the household? He could have found a part time job while waiting for his ideal job to open up. I despise this guy more everyday :moo:

He had to have known it was possible that he was under surveillance from the time they found his car, right? And what they would find on his phone? Maybe he knew he was toast and was leaking false information to throw off the case, or to use as part of a fantasy alibi? Welcome to crazy town

It looks like the Chinese media has found mrsobrien's screen shots of BC's FetLife account.

[video=twitter;882875412010811392]https://twitter.com/yicaichina/status/882875412010811392[/video]

Warran

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Maybe they legally had to obtain a warrant for his arrest.

I had the same thought, but just now I stumbled across a picture of him in that same spot WITH the woman:
photo #2
http://www.news-gazette.com/multimedia/photogallery/2017-06-29/walk-concert-yingying-zhang

I wonder if the recording device is in her purse? Interesting how she has it over the opposite shoulder and looks like she is hanging on to it for dear life.

IMO he had to have subdued her during the car ride as evidenced by the fact that yz never texted the apt manager again to let him/her know she would be later than 2:10 Like her last text to him stated. If BC picks her up at 2:04, then a 20 minute ride to his apt she's late already. I don't think she would agree to "look at" BC's apt without texting the One NOrth apt manager first.
<modsnip>
All just my opinion!

I think I read that Yingying's phone pinged somewhere. Where was that? Have they found her phone?

How can BC afford a lawyer if he wasnt working?

I think BC thinks he is really clever. He looks the smug type. I bet the comments he had made were designed to throw the investigators off. When they say they believe Yingying is deceased could it be to try and catch BC out and in reality they don't know for sure?

So many questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His lawyer stated that his family was supporting him. I bet his family is paying the lawyers. Let's not forget that HIS family are victims too. I can't even imagine their shock and horror at being involved in something like this.

His lawyer stated that his family was supporting him. I bet his family is paying the lawyers. Let's not forget that HIS family are victims too. I can't even imagine their shock and horror at being involved in something like this.

That or the law firm took this on pro bono.

Prayers for Yingying and her family! If Yingying was held againist her will at his apartment and possibly killed her there. Maybe check the walls or cubby holes that lead above to roofbor inside the walls? I remember seeing a woman was missing for 4 or 5 years a while back and eventually was found. Inside her wall. She was in fact murdered. For some odd reason I always think of that case when someone goes missing and hasn't been found. Justice will be served!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry if this has already been posted and I missed it, especially since it took so long to find lol! But FWIW...
Regarding his nickname and photo on Fetlife, I was intrigued as I connected "Akuma" with the Street Fighter video game character which is Japanese and the name itself means Devil in Japanese. One of his lines in the video game is "I am Akuma. And I will teach you the meaning of pain!" Since he was into gaming I assume he chose his name based on this creepy demon character.

So I was determined to find out where the heck that picture came from and I dug around and found it. It's the cover of a soon to be released album for a South African rap group called Die Antwoord. Putting the beats aside, the lyrics and mostly the videos are very off putting. I just watched a few videos and I feel pretty creepy.

When I look at his mug shot it gives me the chills. His eyes exude a twisted evil man. He calls himself the devil and just like the devil in the photo seemingly grinning while having his grips on a woman.

http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Akuma

http://www.dieantwoord.com/the-black-goat-album-[emoji443]-&#128420;[emoji445][emoji444]-soon-soon/
I am a huge Die Antwoord fan and everything they do is performance art. They are not into devil worship nor are we his fans.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Video of him walking with the woman during the vigil, glances at camera area.
https://youtu.be/My3lAXn67CM
[video=youtu;My3lAXn67CM]http://youtu.be/My3lAXn67CM[/video]

Yes. This is the video I was searching for yesterday! He looks so smug. He is smiling. She looks cautious. Her body language is very much off, IMO. Thanks for finding this, Spellbound! You are awesome as always. Now I'm off to catch up on my reading.

The woman at the vigil looks really uncomfortable. Look at her body language. She is stiff and her head seems to be leaning away from his. Also, his arm is around her but she keeps her arms at her sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I failed to find any video links there, and here is the acutual video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUmIRpJatP8

He had to have known it was possible that he was under surveillance from the time they found his car, right? And what they would find on his phone? Maybe he knew he was toast and was leaking false information to throw off the case, or to use as part of a fantasy alibi? Welcome to crazy town

I've been wondering if he was a reader here in his quest to plan and carry out a kidnapping, or at least after his car was searched. I was certain that he would have been reading here but now I don't know. How could he have not expected he was being watched? Maybe he was confident he got away with everything when he wasn't arrested after they searched his car and house?

My apologies if this has been discussed at length - but what is the nature of the apartment building? Ground floor access with an outside door? Stairs? I am trying to wrap my head around getting from his car into his apartment in daylight with an unwilling or unconscious YY. Or, in contrast, what would've been convincing enough to make her willing. I can see routes to charming her into the car, but the apartment I'm not so sure.
You can see floor plans here:
https://www.roysebrinkmeyer.com/champaign/stonegate-village/
I really have a hard time believing he got her in and out of there. Google Street view gives good perspective as well.

IMO only
This young lady may have met him thru the Fetlife site.
He had big dreams of being a Dom, I am thinking that he told her what he did to Yingying to keep her "in line". A you will be next sort of thing.

I think so too!

It looks like the Chinese media has found mrsobrien's screen shots of BC's FetLife account.

[video=twitter;882875412010811392]https://twitter.com/yicaichina/status/882875412010811392[/video]
Yay?? Jeez, isn't it customary to ask first? Extra glad I wiped the info of others now...

Oh I love you so much right now.
I was about to come to their defense, I'm a big fan of ALL of their stuff <3

(eta - it's funny to me to learn that you are a fan, because I misread your name as 'Ninji' all the time.)

I've avoided saying anything about the profile pic because of that, lol. So weird, but can't stay away! They remind me of Gwar or other "shock rock" bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper