Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the major ones were covered. I don't think any of these are mutually exclusive, but I agree, there are likely photos or videos because LE is willing to say publicly that she's not alive. Ugh, I hate thinking about it.

If there is evidence on his phone that point to ZYY being murdered/dead, wouldnt that be enough to charge him for murder? I feel there is still not enough evidence.

If there is evidence on his phone that point to ZYY being murdered/dead, wouldnt that be enough to charge him for murder? I feel there is still not enough evidence.

Sometimes law enforcement has enough to charge someone of a crime but holds out until they have more evidence in hand. For example, sometimes they have good evidence that someone has been murdered, like the presence of lots of blood, but they continue to look for the body and delay arrest so as not to start the clock ticking on the murder. Since he's already locked up, they may not be eager to charge him in the murder before they have her body. But that said, I have no idea whether they have enough for an arrest or not, or whether he has photos of her at all. We do know that they have enough evidence to make a public announcement that they don't believe she's alive.

Right. Hate to say it but if they don't believe she's alive, they may have seen the death on pictures/video. They just don't know where she was taken to and need more evidence. Either way, it's just awful for her family and friends.

And BC's lawyer chides us to keep an open mind? My *advertiser censored*!

I might add:

Planning:
- Research on consequences/sentencing/likelihood of an abductor being caught
- Reading about crimes similar to the one being contemplated

Afterward:
- Calling someone for help or advice
- Communicating threats/intimidating witnesses
- Research on law/legal protections (e.g., when can one refuse a search)
- Reliving the crime/watching videos/looking at photos/listening to recordings
[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sometimes law enforcement has enough to charge someone of a crime but holds out until they have more evidence in hand. For example, sometimes they have good evidence that someone has been murdered, like the presence of lots of blood, but they continue to look for the body and delay arrest so as not to start the clock ticking on the murder. Since he's already locked up, they may not be eager to charge him in the murder before they have her body. But that said, I have no idea whether they have enough for an arrest or not, or whether he has photos of her at all. We do know that they have enough evidence to make a public announcement that they don't believe she's alive.

Yeah, youre right. I have to stay positive and patient about all this. I just want LE to give us more information, but they know what theyre doing.

No Prelim Necessary! He's already been found worthy of prosecution by a jury of peers! I still shudder to think if it weren't for those 2 fuzzy camera images we may have never known what happened to her. He might have gone on to hurt more young women, more families, thinking he's smarter than everyone else. Sorry BC, you're not smarter than the FBI and you're not smarter than the good people on the jury that indicted you!

[video=twitter;885294153889980416]https://twitter.com/epcicchini/status/885294153889980416[/video]

[video=twitter;885297830570676224]https://twitter.com/nowdecatur/status/885297830570676224[/video]

I've been looking at the video of when YY got into BC's car. Someone said they thought she might have been stunned in some way as soon as she was in the car. I've tried to crop a photo from the video (not the greatest quality) but I think I can see her looking in his direction as the car drives away. Did someone say she was wearing a hat? I think it is visible here.
18623b92b027ab482fc31a7bf82d0499.png

But on this photo it looks like she is lying back in her chair. People with smart phones will be able to scroll in and look.
096ccd8b8bc0ab9238adc0da9bf62926.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This all great news, but where is Yingying? I feel like I know her through all this. A lot of cases bother me, but this one in particular leaves me thinking about her late at night. I wonder where she is and keep hoping to see she has been found. I feel so bad for her family:(

Do you guys think this was his first victim ? I know he is 28 that is young but I cannot help but think someone this sinister started at a much younger age. Has any of his family spoke? Wonder what they think, does he have siblings? They should do the right thing and help as much as they can. ( yeah right) ..

I am not sure. The defense may argue that just because I have a photo of a dead person on my cellphone, it does not mean I murdered him. He picked the lady and he has a dead picture of her. Enough to charge him for murder? I do not know. I guess the FBI is trying to be extremely careful not jerpodzing this case. If more evidence appear, they can always add the murder charge later

Do you guys think this was his first victim ? I know he is 28 that is young but I cannot help but think someone this sinister started at a much younger age. Has any of his family spoke? Wonder what they think, does he have siblings? They should do the right thing and help as much as they can. ( yeah right) ..
I do not believe this was his first victim. I beleive he has murdered before and got away with it.

That goes to common sense. Beyond a REASONABLE doubt. He picks up a foreign student under false pretense then admits to holding her against her will under surveillance and the FBI has reason to believe she's dead and she's not been seen heard from since getting in BC's car. Nowadays you really need that DNA hit in court. That's what CSI has done to courts and juries. It's great because it can exonerate the innocent and point to killers, but it's absence is felt at trials. Before DNA, juries convicted based on the common sense scenario much more often, for better or worse...

I think he has been picking out the "perfect victim" for a long time. He's probably molested someone close to him, either a young relative or a young middle school/early highschool girlfriend. If I were an FBI profiler, I'd say he THINKS he's smarter than everyone else and he thinks he's entitled. When you look at the crime, both the things that got him busted and the things that aren't YET a slam dunk against him, he's a wanna be just getting started.

I've been looking at the video of when YY got into BC's car. Someone said they thought she might have been stunned in some way as soon as she was in the car. I've tried to crop a photo from the video (not the greatest quality) but I think I can see her looking in his direction as the car drives away. Did someone say she was wearing a hat? I think it is visible here.
18623b92b027ab482fc31a7bf82d0499.png

But on this photo it looks like she is lying back in her chair. People with smart phones will be able to scroll in and look.
096ccd8b8bc0ab9238adc0da9bf62926.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I look on my desktop, I can't really tell. BUT when I look on my smartphone and enlarge the TOP photo, it looks like she is in the passenger seat looking towards the back and someone's face is right next to her or right behind her. I know the car is in motion - so it could just be shadows/grainy. But I really just got a cold chill. Please does anyone see the same thing as me??

Now in the BOTTOM photo - it looks like whoever is in the passenger seat is laying down

He has an older brother who lives in Asia and a younger sister. I havent heard a thing about his family making any comments.

Possibilities:

While planning the kidnapping...

- Research on abduction methods including selecting a victim, luring a victim, incapacitating a victim, fetish kidnapping props/photography, etc etc etc (ie FetLife activity)
- Research of maps/locations
- Research on cleaning traces of DNA, etc
- Poor research on local surveillance camera locations

During:
- If he used his mobile to identify himself - like showing YZ his physics department page with his name, picture OR in a way that would make a undercover cop ruse more credible
- If he used a map, police scanner, etc app during the time YZ was being held by him
- If he took any type of recordings (photo, video, audio) of YZ

Disposal [emoji17] :
- Map/location research and/or directions as mentioned before
- Cleaning research

Afterwards:
- Reading news coverage?
- Sharing any recordings he may have taken or just recounting the event
- Maybe he submitted crime stopper tips - either towards himself because he wanted credit for his crime or had remorse... or away from him to put investigators on a false trail

Can anyone say one of these acts definitely wouldn't be covered or add any other ideas?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, none of the stuff on this list seems that extreme from what we see in many other abduction cases. Almost all kidnappers use their cars. None of those facts alone or in combo were enough in other cases. Moreover, the evidentiary problems of showing the clear connection to the crime when you don't have the body as well as proving he alone made the searches might be problematic. As I mentioned before, the Nicole Lovell cases in Virginia Tech has all those facts and more (including finding the body in another state) and they are in state court.

If the fed jxn here is solid, I am thinking it may be more of an uber/lyft driver scenario here, which I think would be a first in terms of getting jxn for federal kidnapping, but if he told her he was a driver, and pretended to input her info into the system that would be using the phone and the car to perpetuate the crime.

That scenario is the only one that makes sense to me for why she got in that car. I myself am a cautious person and recently alot of people who are these drivers have stopped when I am hailing a taxi and for a split second, I think, "oh, they probably are ride share people, it would probably be ok." I always wait for the regular taxi (especially after this case) but would someone in a rush always do that especially if they were part of the same campus community and held up their university id? Maybe not. Would someone raised in a non-US culture do that? Maybe not, they may not want to appear rude and lie.

And it's the only one that possibly (I say possibly because uber/lyft is so new so we don't have other cases to compare it to and it is still possibly a stretch) explains their confidence in fed jxn. Or else they know they are biding time in order to find the body and needed to get him off the street before they charge him with murder.

That being said...does anyone think it is possible someone was in the backseat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay