Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So moving forward:

The case is now in discovery and motions process until the next court hearing.

Discovery is just that the federal prosecutor has to give BC's lawyers copies of all the evidence they plan on using.

Both sides can then file different motions. Example of motions are to "dismiss the charges, to suppress evidence, or to introduce specific evidence at trial." BC's lawyers may be asked to share anything they plan to use - such as a psychiatric evaluation.

I imagine that the defense, during this time, will file motions questioning whether federal jurisdiction actually applies to this case, a change of venue, and to suppress as much evidence as possible, including the confession.

More detailed information as well as anything I quoted is from here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcrmp

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So trial is September 12th. Does anyone else think that's really soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be absolutely shocked if trial begins Sept.12 of this year...maybe Sept 12 of next year, or 2019. I fully expect other charges, including first degree murder, will be tacked on before this ever gets to trial. JMO

How interesting Anthony Bruno's words. BC has "demanded" a trial.

Still trying to control the situation.

That's just what the document that is filed is called - "Demand for Trial by Jury". So the attorney is speaking in legalese. Nothing to do with BC. IMO, former paralegal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

In a statement after his client was arraigned, Urbana attorney Anthony Bruno said: “

He’s demanded a jury trial and he plans to persist in his plea of not guilty.”

This lawyer needs to do better. Lawyers are supposed to be good with words, right? Was it really that hard to say :

"
He’s FILED A demand for a jury trial and he plans to persist in his plea of not guilty.”

I would be absolutely shocked if trial begins Sept.12 of this year...maybe Sept 12 of next year, or 2019. JMO
I imagine there will be several motions filed that delay the trial. But it also may be in BC's interest that they move quickly through the trial. Depends on the evidence. If they don't end up with enough to convict him, they'll have to charge him at the state level. And they still may not have enough to convict him by time that trial comes around. If they were to find YZ, they would have a much better case against him and additional charges to try him on. I think they're still buying time with just throwing this one charge at him at a federal level. If they cant convict him of federal kidnapping, it won't be the end of the story. They'll immediately charge him with something else to keep him in jail.

And this is all still assuming he was the only one involved. Can you imagine how messy the trial could get if there was an accomplice. [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Curious: I've read that some inmates have Internet access and even sell stuffs online. Will a defendant waiting for trial, like BC, be allowed Internet access? What are their days like? (inmates have many activities in jail)

Part of the reporting today made clear that while the attorneys, through disclosure, will soon be learning all about the evidence that LE has collected, the public won't hear about it until the trial -- very maddening to think we might not learn for almost another 2 months why police were convinced so early-on of YY's death. :( ...Let alone how horrible this waiting must be for her family.

Of course, I keep forgetting that BC has only been charged with kidnapping for now. September is doable but not if they add a murder charge. MOO

Part of the reporting today made clear that while the attorneys, through disclosure, will soon be learning all about the evidence that LE has collected, the public won't hear about it until the trial -- very maddening to think we might not learn for almost another 2 months why police were convinced so early-on of YY's death. :( ...Let alone how horrible this waiting must be for her family.

Another two months? I hate to break it to you but we will be lucky if it's another two years.

I found it interesting he takes Klonopin. It is a benzodiazepine (very addictive) and in the same class as Xanax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do we know if he was diagnosed recently with whatever mental illness he says he has or has he been medicated for a while?

I found it interesting he takes Klonopin. It is a benzodiazepine (very addictive) and in the same class as Xanax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting....for what kind of reasons do we think he was taking Klonopin?

Interesting....for what kind of reasons do we think he was taking Klonopin?

Depression according to his short statement to the judge

Unlike his previous appearances, the former UI graduate student spoke during a proceeding that lasted just four minutes and 15 seconds.
Asked by the judge if he was currently taking any medication while in the custody of the Macon County Jail, Christensen answered in the affirmative, saying he was taking Klonopin “as an anti-depressant.”
The medication did not affect his ability to understand the charges against him, Christensen told the judge.
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...orney-i-think-case-could-go-year-or-more.html

I've read so many articles, but one of them stated a reporter had asked something in regards to his medical history and they declined to comment. I wonder the same thing. Was we diagnosed prior to being incarcerated or after?
Do we know if he was diagnosed recently with whatever mental illness he says he has or has he been medicated for a while?

It's over now. It was BC attorney. He stressed that BC was innocent until proven guilty. He also emphasized that many people are montrously accused and sent to jail that were monstrously innocent. I will see if the video gets posted. I only caught the end.

JMO
And there are monsters that turn out to be real monsters sometimes too.

Sorry but there is no way this guy is innocent IMO And here is why.
Multiple circumstantial evidence all points to him.

-he picks her up and she disappears
-he is on website that fantasizes about binding and holding people in chains
-he attends the vigil and begins to point out potential victims
-he threatens a person that he will harm them if they tell what he admits to
-he acts strange at the vigil on camera
-if i remember right he may have said something to police about her panicking in his vehicle. Nobody panics unless he gave her a darn good reason to panic. And she is missing after that. Yea this guy is the right guy and there is much more to his story.

-the apartment doesnt make sense for any kind of torturing or holding or killing. The only way it does is if he already had her incapaciated or dead already.

I hope LE uncovers the whole story with this guy. He is one scary individual and all needs to be uncovered. Especially where he took her.

I am not sure if he had help but I have a feeling people close to him know a lot more about him and could help LE to help find her. Like his special places he may have been before.

I still think that old abandoned property close to the apartment may be involved somehow. There are many rooms and basements in those types of buildings and I sure hope it was searched well for evidence.

I've read so many articles, but one of them stated a reporter had asked something in regards to his medical history and they declined to comment. I wonder the same thing. Was we diagnosed prior to being incarcerated or after?
IMO, that is a good question. Would he be prescribed Klonopin for depression while in jail if he began talking about suicide?

If he did suggest he was suicidal, IMO it's just another way he is trying to manipulate the courts and public opinion. I don't believe he's depressed in the clinical sense. He's just upset he got caught. MOO

JMO
And there are monsters that turn out to be real monsters sometimes too.

Sorry but there is no way this guy is innocent IMO And here is why.
Multiple circumstantial evidence all points to him.

-he picks her up and she disappears
-he is on website that fantasizes about binding and holding people in chains
-he attends the vigil and begins to point out potential victims
-he threatens a person that he will harm them if they tell what he admits to
-he acts strange at the vigil on camera
-if i remember right he may have said something to police about her panicking in his vehicle. Nobody panics unless he gave her a darn good reason to panic. And she is missing after that. Yea this guy is the right guy and there is much more to his story.

-the apartment doesnt make sense for any kind of torturing or holding or killing. The only way it does is if he already had her incapaciated or dead already.

I hope LE uncovers the whole story with this guy. He is one scary individual and all needs to be uncovered. Especially where he took her.

I am not sure if he had help but I have a feeling people close to him know a lot more about him and could help LE to help find her. Like his special places he may have been before.

I still think that old abandoned property close to the apartment may be involved somehow. There are many rooms and basements in those types of buildings and I sure hope it was searched well for evidence.
BBM I wonder if he has many friends, if any, other than a harem of women who don't seem to know him too well. I'm thinking he spends too much time on the Internet to socialize much.

Yingying's case reminds me more and more of the Lauren Giddings case. LG was murdered by her neighbor and classmate at Mercer Law School, Stephen McDaniel. SMD was also into some weird sites on the Internet and had talked in the past about planning the perfect murder. He would have gotten away with her murder, except that some of LG's friends reported her missing the morning the trash was collected from her apartment building. A search dog hit on a trash can that contained Lauren's torso inside a bag. The rest of her body was never found. SMD pleaded not guilty and, as a law student, seemed to enjoy taking part in his defense. But, when he and his lawyers were presented with the discovery, SMD finally confessed and received a life sentence. You can read about the case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?142747-GA-Lauren-Giddings-27-Macon-26-June-2011-1

I think BC will ultimately confess, also, when he recognizes the evidence against him. Already I think he's feeling the pressure and he's been denied a plea deal. So, he will resist the charges until he feels trapped and then he'll confess IMO. I do believe the DA can get a murder conviction in this case without a body. But, the DA must be holding out on charging BC with murder until YZ's body is found, so LE must be confident they will find her body IMO.

In a statement after his client was arraigned, Urbana attorney Anthony Bruno said: “

He’s demanded a jury trial and he plans to persist in his plea of not guilty.”

This lawyer needs to do better. Lawyers are supposed to be good with words, right? Was it really that hard to say :

"
He’s FILED A demand for a jury trial and he plans to persist in his plea of not guilty.”

The word "persist" bothers me more than "demanded"...

English is not my first language, but "persist" like "insist", to me sound like "obstinate determination", like "he plans on being stubborn".

The only reasonable doubt is actually the story he tells now, isn't it? "She panicked and he let her get off the car", but in that case, how come we can't see the feed from any other camera ?
After seeing the video shared by Paul Wilson

[video=youtube;oCAElCVBet4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCAElCVBet4[/video]

I know there actually is a lot of cameras along the way, and no matter if she got out of the car or not, it should be possible to track the car for a longer time, shouldn't it?

If the FBI has a recording (from the vigil) where he admits that he did bring her back to his apartment and that she tried to fight him to get free, then how could his lawyer let him plead not guilty? Could it be that BC and his lawyer don't know what evidence the FBI has to this day? Also, at one point I got the impression that the FBI had proof that YY was not alive anymore, I thought they had found photos or video on his phone, but in that case his lawyers couldn't let him plead not guilty, unless he is planning to make it all look like temporary insanity, which is impossible since he was a FetLife user, because of those abduction fantasy subjects, and because he circled around the block with his car to pick her up, even though YY was a victim of opportunity, he was more or less looking for someone to abduct, which means premeditation, which rules out insanity.

How come we could have the video feed from two/three security cameras but not more? I really feel the mystery is being kept on purpose, if the FBI shared that much, then how come they can't share more of what they obviously have? If more people know what they have, then more people can help look for YY or have new ideas... I got used to the amazing efficiency of Hotch and his team in Criminal Minds, I can't believe it is taking so long, and now when thinking of Elisa Lam, and of BC's lawyer words "it could take a year or more", I think there is a chance we will never know, and all we can hear from the FBI now is "we are doing everything we can", or "this is our job, we know what we are doing", when what I see is they are following the protocol, in other terms they are doing as little as the manual allows them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme