Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so this monster is on anti anxiety meds....
how flipping asinine is that given the extreme anxiety he's caused Ying Ying's poor family, not to mention the terror and pain he put his victim through...

how flipping asinine is that given the extreme anxiety he's caused Ying Ying's poor family, not to mention the terror and pain he put his victim through...
Whats he anxious about anyway if he's not guilty ?

Is there a link to the actual superseding complaint? I have only seen MSM summaries of it.

Yeah.. There's our tax dollars hard at work.. Disgusting, isn't it?

Before the hearing even started, Yingying Zhang's mother took one look at her daughter's accused kidnapper and burst into tears, screaming at him in Mandarin, "Give me my daughter back."

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/news/local-news/christensen-once-again-pleads-not-guilty/832921383

So now this poor family has to sit here until the end of Feb??? Is there no end of the horror these people are getting?? There had been speculation in here that perhaps the family had been privy to some inside info from LE. A mother screaming this obviously has not.

Just curious: BC was asked by the judge both at this and at the first arraignment if he was on any medications... Why is that even asked at an arraignment? What pertinence does it have (or are they implying a medication might interfere with his judgment in entering a plea)?

I suspect BC was prescribed the medications before he was arrested, since the prison would be required to give him any pre-approved medication. I'm not sure under what circumstances they'd allow prisoners to get new prescriptions they've never had before. Wouldn't everyone in jail be on valium?

Technically, taking those medications means he's mentally ill. Perhaps the judge asks because, if he wasn't taking his medications, there might be a challenge about his legal competence at the hearing.

Heres Reuters report.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...f8db&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Brendt Christensen, a former master’s student at the university, faces one count of kidnapping resulting in death and two counts of making a false statement to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, according to an Oct. 3 indictment, which alleged the crime “involved torture or serious physical abuse to the victim.”

- torture OR serious physical abuse?

A jury trial is scheduled for Feb. 27, the clerk’s office said. Conviction of kidnapping resulting in death carries a sentence of mandatory life in prison or death.

No actually
I suspect BC was prescribed the medications before he was arrested, since the prison would be required to give him any pre-approved medication. I'm not sure under what circumstances they'd allow prisoners to get new prescriptions they've never had before. Wouldn't everyone in jail be on valium?

Technically, taking those medications means he's mentally ill. Perhaps the judge asks because, if he wasn't taking his medications, there might be a challenge about his legal competence at the hearing.
No, actually.
He was asked the same question at his previous hearing and he replied he was taking just one med, a tranquiliser. He stated he was taking it for depression.
So a new prescription has been made.
They named it at the first hearing.

I missed this
He also reportedly told them he didn't take her back to his apartment.
Authorities say they have evidence to support all three charges.
http://www.illinoishomepage.net/news/local-news/christensen-once-again-pleads-not-guilty/832921383
It seems he DID actually take her back to his apartment.. many of us never believed he had..
They have not stated that their evidence is forensic but I suspect it is, unless there was an eye witness, or the girl to whom he allegedly 'confessed'
They must have physical evidence too..
We have seen the vid of his apartment building.. we know he met a neighbor on the stairwell that morning, she was interviewed, but how did he transport her up the stairs or into the lift, the building clearly was not empty at the time.. without fear of being exposed?
was she unconscious at the time?
Did he render her unconscious immediately?
How did she die?
So many questions.. so few answers..

I missed this
He also reportedly told them he didn't take her back to his apartment.
Authorities say they have evidence to support all three charges.
It seems he DID actually take her back to his apartment.. many of us never believed he had..
They have not stated that their evidence is forensic but I suspect it is, unless there was an eye witness, or the girl to whom he allegedly 'confessed'
They must have physical evidence too..
We have seen the vid of his apartment building.. we know he met a neighbor on the stairwell that morning, she was interviewed, but how did he transport her up the stairs or into the lift, the building clearly was not empty at the time.. without fear of being exposed?
was she unconscious at the time?
Did he render her unconscious immediately?
How did she die?
So many questions.. so few answers..

The police have long said he took her back to his apt. (despite him claiming he let her out after a couple blocks), we just have never been told what their evidence was (I too assume it is something forensic and not just him verbally saying he took her back on some hidden recording). His entry door was on bottom floor, so he didn't carry her up stairs (he met the neighbor when she was coming down the stairs). I"m still not clear just how many direct neighbors he had (just 1 or more than 1) and how he kept her silent in his apt.
Such a bizarre case, and the American judicial system must be incomprehensible to the family. :(

So the charge is kidnapping leading to her death. Not murder then? Could that open the way to him claiming the death was accidental? Sex game gone wrong? I find the wording strange.

Hey!

crhedBngr said:
snipped by me....
So now we wait until February 27, 2018, for the trail to start.

Actually there is a final pretrial hearing scheduled for Feb. 12th per my notes.

And I going to assume there will probably be motions filed by the defense, so they'll probably have more pretrial hearings from now to February.

Thanks for all the updates! :wave:

So the charge is kidnapping leading to her death. Not murder then? Could that open the way to him claiming the death was accidental? Sex game gone wrong? I find the wording strange.

I don't know, my impression was that "kidnapping leading to death" was at least the equivalent of 2nd degree murder if not 1st degree. From the words in the indictment ("intentional," "planned," "heinous," "depraved," etc. I can't help but think this IS the equivalent of a murder charge eligible for death penalty, but if a lawyer knows otherwise (and there is more wiggle-room) let us know.

I"m still not clear just how many direct neighbors he had (just 1 or more than 1) and how he kept her silent in his apt.

In the article which mentioned interviewing the neighbor who met him in the morning (the article was no longer there when I clicked on the link a while ago), the neighbor said BC's apartment was just by the mail room and laundry, so that's even more risky for him to get her through that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay