Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reminder: BC’s new arraignment is just 2 days away… surprised we’re not hearing more about it, but maybe that means nothing much will happen except the additional charges applied, and then nothing more ’til February trial date… :(

On sidenote, to play the speculation game again, I previously favored a landfill as most likely depository for Yingying’s remains, but at this point (for more reasons than worth getting into, but in part due to the lack of searches, or even encouragement to search, seeming to indicate there simply is no body to be found) I’m leaning toward incineration as speculated by others here previously (...I used to think it a pretty outlandish idea, but now take more seriously -- also possible that BC placed the wrapped body in an industrial dumpster, never knowing it was one that would empty, not at a landfill, but at an incinerator somewhere).
possibly a hospital incinerator? Could he have had access? WDH did he do to her? Why did it take them so long to declare her dead as opposed to 'believe her to be no longer alive'?
What evidence have they?
That poor girl..Innocent and trusting.. life and death are so random..

here's another article....

Arraignment Date Set For Kidnap-Murder Charges In Yingying Zhang Case
http://northernpublicradio.org/post/arraignment-date-set-kidnap-murder-charges-yingying-zhang-case

An October 11 arraignment date has been set for Brendt Christensen, after a federal grand jury returned a new indictment accusing the alleged kidnapper of Yingying Zhang of murdering her as well.
[.....]
Wednesday, Oct. 11 at 2:30 p.m.

Okay tomorrow, October 11, at 2:30 p.m. Central Daylight Time.

If this is incorrect, please feel free to correct it.

I wondered that, too.

[video=youtube;QUmIRpJatP8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUmIRpJatP8[/video]

I kinda wondered if he didn’t ask her to open it so he wouldn’t have to take his hand off her.

There is absolutely no proof of that at all. I haven't seen that any of the hundreds of times I've watched that clip. IMO, he takes out his water bottle. Whatever he was doing there, none of us have any way of knowing.
Could you please post a link for us to look at?
Eta I see it has been posted already.

I kinda wondered if he didn’t ask her to open it so he wouldn’t have to take his hand off her.

Is he saying something to her? I've played it over a few times but can't make out if he is talking or not because of the movement in the video. Maybe she's tilting her head to hear him say something about the bottle.
It could also be that he has handed it to her as the last second of the video we see his left arm start to return to his side but her head is still looking down. Maybe she has it in her hand at that point.

So does anybody have any thoughts on what could possibly happen at the arraignment today? Is it just where he'll be read what he's charged with, he'll have to nod his head or agree that he accepts his charges and that's it? Or could more details come out?

It's around two hours before starting so I'm curious what everybody's thoughts are

So does anybody have any thoughts on what could possibly happen at the arraignment today? Is it just where he'll be read what he's charged with, he'll have to nod his head or agree that he accepts his charges and that's it? Or could more details come out?

It's around two hours before starting so I'm curious what everybody's thoughts are

It's 11:30 a.m. PDT out here - 1 hour to go - and I'm wondering if more information will be revealed. Perhaps more charges will be filed?

At this point, I have NO idea.

ETA: From an article dated 10/11/17 (today) by the Chicago Tribune:

A man accused of abducting and killing a University of Illinois scholar from China is going to be arraigned on new charges.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...stensen-scholar-abduction-20171011-story.html

I'm guessing he will be formally charged with the murder, maybe disposing of the body ( if they know that) and he will perhaps be asked to respond to the charges with a plea. That would be it I think. He's pled not guilty to the kidnapping so unless he changes that plea, I think it will just be not guilty again , if he says anything. JMO.

Anyone know whether cameras will be allowed.....if so, is there a link?

No, the above are just links to the OLD arraignment; I haven't seen any link for the current session.

No, the above are just links to the OLD arraignment; I haven't seen any link for the current session.

Looks like it is live to me, but obviously I could be wrong.

Do you have an alternative link?

The man accused of kidnapping visiting Chinese scholar Yingying Zhang pleaded not guilty Wednesday to additional and more serious charges filed against him last week by federal authorities. Brendt A. Christensen, 28, was already facing a kidnapping charge in connection with Ms. Zhang's disappearance this past June. On Oct. 3, he was further charged with kidnapping resulting in the death of Ms. Zhang and of lying to federal agents.

Ms. Zhang's mother, who traveled here from China, was in the courtroom for Wednesday's hearing. Upon seeing Christensen, Lifeng Ye burst into tears and was helped out of the courtroom before U.S. District Court Judge Eric Long began a hearing that lasted about 20 minutes.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-10-11/scene-too-much-mother-missing-ui-scholar.html

Also mentioned in the article...
“Asked by the judge Wednesday whether he was taking any medication while in federal custody at the Macon County Jail, Christensen answered in the affirmative, telling Long he was taking anti-depression and anti-anxiety medication.”

Good. I hope the horror he inflicted is haunting him every second of his life.
Sadly, its not, he is medicated..
Not guilty= no regrets, no remorse- no humanity- no disclosure of body location= no end to the hell he cast her and her family and supporters into..
I seriously cannot understand why in this age and time he cannot be 'persuaded' to speak .
Not a popular view, I know, but he took her life and from what we have been told, she died in agony and terror..
Meanwhile Frankenstein gets to chew tablets for the duration..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay